LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

What if Harbaugh passes on drafting a QB?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Then he is gonna go full out to bring back Alex Smith.

And we will have another losing season or 3!

beleive it or not Alex is the best FA QB option out there.

Only in Alex fans mind is he the best out there!

Who is better out there that isnt past his prime? And in no way am I an Alex fan.

Let's see when McNab gets cut even after one bad year. He still better then Alex... Then you got trades for say Orton,Kolb,or Palmer... Alex has an 18-31 record... For 6 damn years we watched his sorry ass hold back the 49ers... Losing every game possible! I'm sick of the cancer! If he's back on the 49ers. They can kiss thier fan base good-bye,because out side Some people on the internet... No real fan going to show up to watch Captain Bust play!

Sorry fakers but you Orton, Palmer and Kolb aren't free agents, and hes right, Smith is the BQBA in free agency.

But Smith would be silly to stay where hes at, when he would command much more money else where. (whether he lives up to that contract is another story)
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Who is better out there that isnt past his prime? And in no way am I an Alex fan.

Let's see when McNab gets cut even after one bad year. He still better then Alex... Then you got trades for say Orton,Kolb,or Palmer... Alex has an 18-31 record... For 6 damn years we watched his sorry ass hold back the 49ers... Losing every game possible! I'm sick of the cancer! If he's back on the 49ers. They can kiss thier fan base good-bye,because out side Some people on the internet... No real fan going to show up to watch Captain Bust play!

Sorry fakers but you Orton, Palmer and Kolb aren't free agents, and hes right, Smith is the BQBA in free agency.

But Smith would be silly to stay where hes at, when he would command much more money else where. (whether he lives up to that contract is another story)

Kolhe,I don't care if thier not free agents... Go trade for them... Don't go back to a proven loser... Alex had 6 darn years... Name me 1 QB that got 6 years to stink and then got a 7,8,9? You can't because good franchise know when to let a guy go! Alex will never be the answer for the 49ers.. If Alex is back at QB... Your not improving your team... Your going back to the same mistakes Nolan and Dingleberry made... Relying on a guy that couldn't beat out JTO,Shaun Hill,or Troy Smith!

[ Edited by fakers23 on Feb 8, 2011 at 20:26:58 ]
I would have a hard time believing we don' take a QB at some point this year.
We only have David Carr signed for next year and he's certainly not in the long term plans. We may not take one until late, but it would make a bunch of sense to draft one somewhere to at worst be a backup down the line.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
I would have a hard time believing we don' take a QB at some point this year.
We only have David Carr signed for next year and he's certainly not in the long term plans. We may not take one until late, but it would make a bunch of sense to draft one somewhere to at worst be a backup down the line.

I agree wholeheartedly.
I doubt we pass on drafting a QB all together. We need to add at least 2 QBs probably 3, I doubt when all is said and done Carr will be on this roster. I really think we acquire a vet QB and draft 1-2 between rounds 2-7. I wouldn't mind us re-signing Troy Smith as our #3 if we don't have a better option.
We currently have nothing at the positon, so I think they will address this with multiple moves. Even if there isn't anyone who is seen as the possible answer I think we would still take someone in the 5-7 like McElroy or Tolzein(sp?) who projects as a back-up because hey, were in need of at least one of those too, and who knows? We could even take that approach and luck into a Tom Brady, Matt Hasselbeck, or at least a Matt Flynn type.
If Harbaugh passes on a QB, I honestly won't be too concerned, disappointed, yes, but we'd have to trust his judgment. But if we do, no doubt free agency or trades will be his answer.
We absolutely will draft a QB at some point during those 7 rounds. There is raw talent available that I'm sure Harbaugh would like to get his hands on.

If he passes, then like most posters said -- we have to trust his judgement. If you really think about it, this is the first time in 8 years that we've had a truly offensive, QB-minded coach. I know I'll get flamed, but he could POSSIBLY do wonders for Alex Smith.
I could see us trading back up for newton like denver did last season. I think his size, talent and with the right coach and time to groom he could be stud in the nfl. Less work fixing his arm unlike tim tebow

Kolhe,I don't care if thier not free agents... Go trade for them... Don't go back to a proven loser... Alex had 6 darn years... Name me 1 QB that got 6 years to stink and then got a 7,8,9? You can't because good franchise know when to let a guy go! Alex will never be the answer for the 49ers.. If Alex is back at QB... Your not improving your team... Your going back to the same mistakes Nolan and Dingleberry made... Relying on a guy that couldn't beat out JTO,Shaun Hill,or Troy Smith!

Being a little juvenile no? This will be the first time since having Norv Turner as OC that Alex would have have some stable reliable Offensive Minded Coaching Staff behind him...and at his age, and with his experiece, he is still the best QB available. We all saw what he did with the help of Turner....humongous strides from his rookie year.

IMO he will not draft a QB at #7 this year. I will be happy to n
IMO he will not draft a QB at #7 this year. I will be happy to nOt invest such a high pick/salary with this crop of QBs

Being a little juvenile no? This will be the first time since having Norv Turner as OC that Alex would have have some stable reliable Offensive Minded Coaching Staff behind him...and at his age, and with his experiece, he is still the best QB available. We all saw what he did with the help of Turner....humongous strides from his rookie year.

i agree with this

a developing qb needs an offensive mind in order to exceed so far he has had
nolan
sing
hostler
raye

only good one was norv and he had a huge improvememtn under him

i dont know too much about this roman guy but harbaugh has a great offensive mind
Trade for Kolb and we won't need to draft a QB.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
It wont happen.
Share 49ersWebzone