LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 152 users in the forums

2012 QB draft class

Every team is always on the look out for a QB to develope every year. Baalke has mentioed this.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by sfout:
Look at this years draft class and next years I would much rather we draft immediate impact players and trade/sign a qb(hello Josh Johnson or Kevin Kolb) for this year and devote and entire year to watching next years class for the QB we want.

No way we trade for Kolb and spend a high pick next year on a QB. Philly's price is just too high.

Where in that line did I indicate that it would be a high pick next year? Never said anything like that, my personal #1 Dan Persa will probably be a 4th rounder next year(if that).

Originally posted by WildBill:
Every team is always on the look out for a QB to develope every year. Baalke has mentioed this.

That is what I am going off of because even if we draft a guy this year we will be back on the market for another QB next season if Carr makes it that long, not to mention the usual good idea of drafting a day 3 qb or signing a UDFA and putting them on the practice squad.

Also Harbaugh is not god, he could end up whiffing on this QB even if it isn't directly his fault(i.e. player turns into Jamarcus and gets fat and lazy, or gets into trouble off the field) so we could end up doing what Carolina is doing this year and draft a QB this season and another guy next year. They draft Jimmy Clausen find out he wasn't the answer and are publicly saying that even after Luck stayed in school they are still making QB their #1 need in the draft.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 26, 2011 at 3:10 PM ]
YEA DRAFT Bryant Moniz NEXT YEAR!!!!!
Who says Luck is coming out next year? Going into next season, won't he only be a redshirt junior? He went back after being guaranteed the #1 pick, who knows if he'll come out next year.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Who says Luck is coming out next year? Going into next season, won't he only be a redshirt junior? He went back after being guaranteed the #1 pick, who knows if he'll come out next year.

He said he wanted to graduate (which he will this year). After that, there's no reason for him to stay a 5th year at Stanford.
2012 class looks good because they haven't been put under the microscope. I bet next year you have a similar list of problems for this class and will be eye-ing 2013 QBs? I say this tongue 'n cheek and not meant to sound as snotty as it does.
My top 5 QBs for next year:

1. Luck
2. Landry Jones
3. Matt Barkley
4. Terelle Pryor
5. Kellen Moore

I actually like Moore better than Barkley and Pryor but he might not hold up as well physically as they do.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

He said he wanted to graduate (which he will this year). After that, there's no reason for him to stay a 5th year at Stanford.

unless he wants to take ballroom dancing to avoid the team with the #1 pick lol
Generally I agree with the OP's sentiments, but I think if one of those guys is available in R3 and Harbaugh likes him then we should grab him.

The value to me is not there at #7 overall, there will be better players available at positions that are also huge needs. Granted QB is the most important, but I'd rather not cram a square peg into a round hole with an unworthy prospect.

If Dalton or someone is there in the 3rd grab him and sign/trade for a temporary starter. Then see where we are next year.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Look at this years draft class and next years I would much rather we draft immediate impact players and trade/sign a qb(hello Josh Johnson or Kevin Kolb) for this year and devote and entire year to watching next years class for the QB we want.

No way we trade for Kolb and spend a high pick next year on a QB. Philly's price is just too high.

Where in that line did I indicate that it would be a high pick next year? Never said anything like that, my personal #1 Dan Persa will probably be a 4th rounder next year(if that).

Unwind your panties. All I said was we're not taking a QB high next year if we sign Kolb.

Share 49ersWebzone