49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 475 users in the forums

Tico's Mock Version 2.0

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by ninertico:
Off Season Moves
GM: Baalke
HC/OC: Harbaugh
DC: Vic Fangio

Coaches kept on staff
Tomsula
Solari/Brown
Rathman
Carlisle
Ferguson

Resign
McDonald
Spikes
Westbrook
Baas
Wragge

FA Walks
Goldson-Starter
Franklin-Starter
Lawson-Starter
Evans
Sims
LaBoy

FA Pick ups
Nnamdi Asomugha, CB--Stays in Bay Area and we have $$$ to spend
Matt Hasselbeck, QB--Perfect buy for Mentor and help Harbaugh implement WCO
Davin Joesph, OG--Before injury, rock solid. Better upgrade from Rachal
Chris Goocong, DE/OLB--Loved this kid at CalPoly. Comes back to Cali and provides depth and ST
Paul Soliai, NT--Planned as starter. Elevated play on Nolan's D in Miami.
Richard Seymour, DT/DE--End of career, but still worth getting for right price. Upgrade at LDE!

Cuts
Carr
Clements
Norris

Trade
Chilo Rachal for Josh Johnson
Gore for Second rounder while we can

Draft
Rd 1. Robert Quinn, DE/OLB
Rd 2a. Jared Crick, DT/DE
Rd 2b. Ras-I Dowling, CB
Rd 3 Ricky Stanzi, QB
Rd 4a. Sione Fua, NT
RD 4b. Derrick Locke, RB
Rd 5. Justin Boren, OG/OC
Rd 6a. Owen Marecic, FB
Rd 6b. Kai Forbath, K
Rd 7a. Richard Sherman, FS
Rd 7b. Tray Allen, OT

Have a good day!

I like the effort and really like the draft, but a few things stick out (giggity):

- Did a great job on staff selections, but is there anyway you think we could sign Shaw for OC? Very innovative and would kill with our specific talent, but understand Stanford will make a HUGE push for him. Just don't want Harbaugh doing too much since this is his first HC job in the NFL. Maybe even the current OL coach at Stanford (helped with playcalling and worked with OL this year).

- Like who we resigned and cut, but do you think we'll be able to snag both Seymour and Nnadmi in an offseason? I can see one (hopefully Nnadmi), but both would be pretty hard to snag IMHO. Looooooooooooove the Joseph and Gocong pick-ups b/c I think they would have immediate pay off.

- I love the draft, but don't see Locke/Dixon/Westbrook combo as sufficient to replace Gore. I agree Gore may be our best trade bait, but unless we can guarantee a solid RB core we can't afford to trade Gore (Dixon is too slow and bad on blitz pick-up, Westbrook isn't a true scat-back anymore, and Locke never reached his full potential at Kentucky)



Overall, I liked it, but would just want Shaw at OC and another RB option if we were to *gasp*.....trade Gore......
Very optomistic. Why get rid of Franklin?
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Very optomistic. Why get rid of Franklin?

If he doesn't want to sign a reasonable deal here, the only other alternative is to franchise him again (if that's still part of the CBA). He doesn't want that; he wants a long-term deal for bigger money than we're offering, so it makes sense to franchise him, THEN trade him for something.

Either that, or let him walk and sign someone else (like tico did in his mock).
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 12, 2011 at 3:26 PM ]
Id hate to get rid of Gore...but one more injury to him, and we wont be able to get anything for him. 2nd round pick is about right.

I could sign off on this...
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Id hate to get rid of Gore...but one more injury to him, and we wont be able to get anything for him. 2nd round pick is about right.

I could sign off on this...

All of this! That's why I really think we try to trade him and see what's out there in terms of value. Not saying I'd like to get rid of him, but I do see Dixon as our future RB and Westbrook could mentor and teach Dixon what he needs especially with Harbaugh and Coach Rathman. Add Hasselbeck or McNabb and now you have a solid nucleus of WCO in the offensive backfield.

I really hope that Seymour is a viable option along side Nnamdi. And, we get to stick it to good ol' Al!

I don't care how we do it, but I do care who we get at: CB, WILL, LDE, FS, OG, WCO FB a la the Rathman mold, and of course QB. I see some great FA, trade and draft options for this team and this is but one scenario.

Man, our D could be top five with this off season:

DL: Justin Smith--Paul Soliai---Richard Seymour
LB: Ahmad Brooks--Patrick Willis--Takeo Spikes--Robert Quinn
CB: Nnamdi Asomugha--Shawnte Spencer/RAS-I Dowling
S: Taylor Mays--Reggie Smith

That front seven would rock!!! Talk about speed off the edge, the ability to double team and penetrate on the DL and the ability to use speed from any point on the field: ILB, CB or S blitzes.

Getting all excited now...must stop. Too much time to ponder.
[ Edited by ninertico on Jan 12, 2011 at 3:56 PM ]
Love the picks, tico....just not sure we can realistically sign all of those free agents (especially Nnamdi). I'd be a happy camper though if this happened.
Good mock except Crick is going back to school I believe.
No way we get all those guys in F/A but one of the better drafts I've seen
I can ride with it
I like the draft a lot just think trading Gore is a big mistake and think your free agent signings are unrealistic.
anyone think the dolphins or pats would be interested in gore....most indications show fins will be without ronnie brown and ricky williams or atleast one of them...there team is based off the run....also the pats will be interested in rb...woodhead is an amazing story but honestly is he gonna be a long term starter

with the pats having so many picks i could see them parting with a second
Originally posted by ninertico:
Off Season Moves
GM: Baalke
HC/OC: Harbaugh
DC: Vic Fangio

Coaches kept on staff
Tomsula
Solari/Brown
Rathman
Carlisle
Ferguson

Resign
McDonald
Spikes
Westbrook
Baas
Wragge

FA Walks
Goldson-Starter
Franklin-Starter
Lawson-Starter
Evans
Sims
LaBoy

FA Pick ups
Nnamdi Asomugha, CB--Stays in Bay Area and we have $$$ to spend
Matt Hasselbeck, QB--Perfect buy for Mentor and help Harbaugh implement WCO
Davin Joesph, OG--Before injury, rock solid. Better upgrade from Rachal
Chris Goocong, DE/OLB--Loved this kid at CalPoly. Comes back to Cali and provides depth and ST
Paul Soliai, NT--Planned as starter. Elevated play on Nolan's D in Miami.
Richard Seymour, DT/DE--End of career, but still worth getting for right price. Upgrade at LDE!

Cuts
Carr
Clements
Norris

Trade
Chilo Rachal for Josh Johnson
Gore for Second rounder while we can

Draft
Rd 1. Robert Quinn, DE/OLB
Rd 2a. Jared Crick, DT/DE
Rd 2b. Ras-I Dowling, CB
Rd 3 Ricky Stanzi, QB
Rd 4a. Sione Fua, NT
RD 4b. Derrick Locke, RB
Rd 5. Justin Boren, OG/OC
Rd 6a. Owen Marecic, FB
Rd 6b. Kai Forbath, K
Rd 7a. Richard Sherman, FS
Rd 7b. Tray Allen, OT

Have a good day!
No offense, but A LOT of this stuff is just way off the mark.

Why would Nnamdi come here? Every team in the league is going to pay him a ton of dough, he spend the first 6/7 years of his career losing, why would he come here? He can pick any team he wants.

Trading for Chilo for Josh Johnson is just.... no, never. the Bucs would have to be sniffing glue to do that trade.

Gocong too, he can re-sign with Cleveland and be a starter, but comes here to be a backup????? Guys dont sign with teams because they went to college near where the team is. I dont know why that is always brought up.
Rather have a reciever in the second
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,429
You gotta be more realistic with free agency moves
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone