There are 172 users in the forums

Any chance we can move up to #1?

I know their is a draft value chart but that hasn't seemed to apply to draft day moves over the last couple of years.

Do you think we could move up to #1 for a package like our first, second and fourth?

If Carolina doesn't want to take a QB they would want to move down, what I am worried about is that 1) Teams haven't traded out of the number one pick in the last few years and 2) We couldn't offer what Arizona, Buff, or Cincy could to get up and get him.

So should we just forget about luck and focus on one of the second tier QBs with our #7 pick?
There is Always a chance. The Niners would need to pull an Eli or Michael Vick type of trade to move up to #1.

This years 1 and 2 and the 1 in 2012.

Three high picks for one player. I would do it in a heartbeat. Heck I would trade the whole draft from last season for Sam Bradford.
1st, 2nd and 4th would do it.

The problem is that the Panthers won't trade that pick. They need a QB just as bad as we do and won't pass up on that type of talent.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

The problem is that the Panthers won't trade that pick. They need a QB just as bad as we do and won't pass up on that type of talent.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them move down and take a Mallet or Locker. Especially depending on who they hire as HC.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Yes, its always possible. Just depends on how much you are willing to trade.

I think we would have to give up this years First and Second and next years First and Third.

I'd be okay with that to get Luck.

According to the Draft Value chart, a 1st overall pick is worth 3,000 points. So our 1st round (1500) 2nd round (510) and 4th round (88) would leave us WELL short of a fair trade and probably have the Panthers front office laugh in our face

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

[ Edited by Sims84 on Jan 3, 2011 at 08:34:25 ]
Originally posted by Sims84:

According to the Draft Value chart, a 1st overall pick is worth 3,000 points. So our 1st round (1500) 2nd round (510) and 4th round (88) would leave us WELL short of a fair trade and probably have the Panthers front office laugh in our face

throw in our first next year....championship
Originally posted by Sims84:

If you read my post you would see that I believe that that draft value chart doesn't apply anymore. Most trades that you see on draft day in the last 3 years aren't by any means equal based on that chart.
The only question is whether Carolina wants to trade down. Andrew Luck is a once in a while type prospect. They need to weigh their options and see if it's worth passing on a talent like that or if they think Clausen is good enough to trade down and hit a bunch of other needs.

If I was their GM I'd take Luck and not look back. They're without a 2nd round pick so maybe that will entice them to trade down but unfortunately it will take a lot for us to move up from #7.
1) I doubt Carolina wants to pass on a franchise QB. Would you pass on Luck if you
just went 2-14?

2) To get the #1 pick a team will have to pay a kings ransom. Arizona and the Niners would both kill to get this kid. It will cost WAY too much.

Luck is going to be a Panther unless he decides to stay in school.

1st, 2nd, next years 1st and Alex Smith. DO IT!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
1st, 2nd, next years 1st and Alex Smith. DO IT!

Pretty hard to trade someone who isnt on your roster after yesterdays game.

Except daddy Luck has already stated that they will have influence where his son plays if he declares, ala Archie with Eli.

Carolina is a mess. I have said it before and will again, there is no way in hell Luck ever plays a snap for Carolina should he declare.

Any team in the top 10 with the stones to make it happen can have Luck on their roster next year if he declares.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
1) I doubt Carolina wants to pass on a franchise QB. Would you pass on Luck if you
just went 2-14?

2) To get the #1 pick a team will have to pay a kings ransom. Arizona and the Niners would both kill to get this kid. It will cost WAY too much.

I'd have to say Yes I would if I were Carolina. But, only if its a move within the Top 10, that way I could acquire few more picks and still get my franchise QB.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
just went 2-14?

I'd have to say Yes I would if I were Carolina. But, only if its a move within the Top 10, that way I could acquire few more picks and still get my franchise QB.

I seriously doubt they would trade Luck and then draft a QB later in the top 10. If they did decide to move the pick it would mean they are going to stick with Clausen and draft other positions. AJ Green would make a lot of sense for the Panthers if they moved down.
Share 49ersWebzone