49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 494 users in the forums

My latest Mock Draft

Browse 49ers books and videos
nice looking setup, not a big foles fan though... still think we are going to need to qb in first or second, but I understand if peterson falls taking him
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
nice looking setup, not a big foles fan though... still think we are going to need to qb in first or second, but I understand if peterson falls taking him

Thanks. The only other QB I can see us selecting in our draft range is Mallett. I'd be okay with that, I guess... but something about him makes me concerned. I couldn't take any other QB not named Luck over Patrick Peterson. Christian Ponder was selected before my 2nd rounder. I have been watching lots of Arizona games, and I feel Foles is worth a 3rd round selection... but no, I'm not "sold" on him.
Draft is solid I would just like to see you add some young safety help. I know they drafted Mays last year but I'm of the opinion that he's not gonna be good and was a wasted pick last year. Goldson and Mays will make the worst cover safety combo in the league, and Peterson would start over Clements or Spencer.

I would like to see who you had coming off the board before the niners 6th pick. Mallet is just too stiff and too much of a sitting duck for today's NFL. He just lacks the mobility, but he has a nice arm. i still need to see more of Foles, but from what I have seen I wasn't overly impressed. Maybe this is something missing from your possible free agency moves, but having either Smith back at qb next year would just men another lost season.
goldson better not resigned
Originally posted by lamontb:
Draft is solid I would just like to see you add some young safety help. I know they drafted Mays last year but I'm of the opinion that he's not gonna be good and was a wasted pick last year. Goldson and Mays will make the worst cover safety combo in the league, and Peterson would start over Clements or Spencer.

I would like to see who you had coming off the board before the niners 6th pick. Mallet is just too stiff and too much of a sitting duck for today's NFL. He just lacks the mobility, but he has a nice arm. i still need to see more of Foles, but from what I have seen I wasn't overly impressed. Maybe this is something missing from your possible free agency moves, but having either Smith back at qb next year would just men another lost season.

Round 1
1.Carolina-Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2.Cincinnati-Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama
3.Detroit-Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
4.Buffalo-Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina
5.Arizona-Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas
6.San Francisco-Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU


This was the draft leading up to our first pick. I'm not ready to write off either safety yet, though I agree, it has not been a strength this year. Injuries and scheme play a part in that also.

The QB situation is a mess no matter what we do... outside of maybe getting Luck. Throw in a lot more Shotgun as I have dreamed up here, and I see more out of Alex Smith... though I know it's an unpopular opinion. Partly why Foles was the selection... as he's no stranger to open sets.

Goldson will probably be a RFA, so we can tender him and keep him rather cheaply for another season.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Draft is solid I would just like to see you add some young safety help. I know they drafted Mays last year but I'm of the opinion that he's not gonna be good and was a wasted pick last year. Goldson and Mays will make the worst cover safety combo in the league, and Peterson would start over Clements or Spencer.

I would like to see who you had coming off the board before the niners 6th pick. Mallet is just too stiff and too much of a sitting duck for today's NFL. He just lacks the mobility, but he has a nice arm. i still need to see more of Foles, but from what I have seen I wasn't overly impressed. Maybe this is something missing from your possible free agency moves, but having either Smith back at qb next year would just men another lost season.

Round 1
1.Carolina-Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2.Cincinnati-Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama
3.Detroit-Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
4.Buffalo-Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina
5.Arizona-Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas
6.San Francisco-Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU


This was the draft leading up to our first pick. I'm not ready to write off either safety yet, though I agree, it has not been a strength this year. Injuries and scheme play a part in that also.

The QB situation is a mess no matter what we do... outside of maybe getting Luck. Throw in a lot more Shotgun as I have dreamed up here, and I see more out of Alex Smith... though I know it's an unpopular opinion. Partly why Foles was the selection... as he's no stranger to open sets.

Goldson will probably be a RFA, so we can tender him and keep him rather cheaply for another season.

True. I see that you still think Alex can perform, but I just don't see it. What about cam Newton at that spot? You not a Cam fan or do do you see getting Peterson and Foles in the 3rd as better value. And to be honest if a new coach comes in it's a 95% chance that a rookie would start. Flacco, Sanchez, Freeman, Ryan have changed the way qb's will be groomed. I think the Cardinals take Newton over Mallet b/c he will remind Wisenhunt of big ben. I hope whoever is in charge just doesn't reach for a qb if they don't see a guy they really really love.
Is Foles even coming out for the draft this year? IIRC he's a junior still. But he's going to be a good QB. Just look at his TD/INT ratio,YPA, and completion%. He's a good QB. I would like having him on the team developing behind a guy like Palmer or Hasselbeck or something.
As far as I know, Foles is undecided. He will probably stay in, but who knows? All I know is he was eligible in this mock.

Cam Newton concerns me. Not real convinced his game will transition to the NFL... certainly not anytime soon. He was selected earlier, so was off the board anyway.
no place for smith said the commentator and it was a 9 yard gain lol
Niners seem very out of sync
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone