LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 240 users in the forums

Draft Locker where we pick, or trade up for Luck?

Draft Locker where we pick, or trade up for Luck?

The latest Walterfootball mock has us passing on Locker at #3 and taking Peterson from LSU.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

I've also heard people say that Luck has a weak deep ball, whereas Locker has a great deep arm. Any thoughts?
Please :insertdeity: take Luck! I'm tired of this franchise f**king up.

How do you take anything other than a QB with the number one? At least from this perspective, unless we get a coach who works some QB magic.
Not trying to be an ass or anything, but we've been discussing this in the "Locker vs. Luck: Great QB Debate" thread already. No need for another one.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=147162
Originally posted by nickbradley:
The latest Walterfootball mock has us passing on Locker at #3 and taking Peterson from LSU.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

I've also heard people say that Luck has a weak deep ball, whereas Locker has a great deep arm. Any thoughts?

I would take Peterson even if Luck is still there.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like his Ponder pick in the 2nd. Am I the only one that likes Ponder?
Originally posted by mayo49:

Just not too impressed with him. I saw his performances against BYU, Miami, and BC and nothing really stood out.
1) Luck may not even come out.
2) If he does Buffalo will get him.

/ End thread.

• Henny
  • Veteran

Name the last successful Florida State QB in the NFL? Florida St. QBs=Florida WRs.....more often than not they're busts.
dont understand why everybody is counting Locker out,wait till the combine or the senior bowl then you can judge him.remember ppl had him being the first overall pick just a few months ago.but at this point im hoping for Andrew Luck but Im not counting out Locker or Mallett either. give it time its still wayyy too early
[ Edited by AJ_Larrea954 on Oct 29, 2010 at 7:17 PM ]

Originally posted by Henny:

Name the last successful Florida State QB in the NFL? Florida St. QBs=Florida WRs.....more often than not they're busts.

Chris Weinke? lol
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
dont understand why everybody is conting Locker out,wait till the combine or the senior bowl then you can judge him.remember ppl had him being the first overall pick just a few months ago.but at this point im hoping for Andrew Luck but Im not counting out Locker and Mallett either. give it time its still wayyy too early
  • evil
  • Veteran
So much will change between now and April that the discussion doesn't mean anything. Stocks rise and fall so much, and evaluations of players change too with the Senior Bowl, Combine and Pro-Days.
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
dont understand why everybody is conting Locker out,wait till the combine or the senior bowl then you can judge him.remember ppl had him being the first overall pick just a few months ago.but at this point im hoping for Andrew Luck but Im not counting out Locker and Mallett either. give it time its still wayyy too early

Because they live in the Bay Area. And the Bay Area guy is Luck.
good peterson for me too

our secondary is the worst part of our team (besudes HC)
Share 49ersWebzone