There are 204 users in the forums

? about A Luck

We want er! We want er! We want er!
We want er! We want er! We want er!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He throws an accurate ball if given LOTS of time to throw. And his arm is not real strong. He's not super athletic although he's not a terrible athlete either. His release at times can be slow. He's far from the sure thing Peyton Manning he is portrayed to be here on the WZ. His release is nowhere near that good and his arm is not that strong (compared to Peyton).

People here think he is the second coming of Peyton Manning but I'm not sold on that as a guarantee. They like him because he is the popular Bay Area prospect. And they probably follow him at Stanford and cheer for him.

Don't get me wrong. I think he can be good. But every good play I've ever seen him make was with lots of time to throw. You know our QB won't have time.

I don't who has been comparing him to Peyton around here, but he looks a lot more like Eli. As far as your criticisms, his release is what college football analysts have been speaking highly of. He also takes a lot of three step drops because of the west coast type of offense that they run. Lot of slants and short ins and outs. But his deep throws are not terrible either. He also throws well on the run. His o-line does tend to break down and he ends up making plays with his feet.

Its pretty obvious that it will be San Diego's first time watching Luck this Saturday!!!!

But right on 69er, you hit the nail on the head.

I've watched him plenty of times and seen him in person too. He's a very poor mans Matt Schaub. He's no Peyton Manning...
He throws an accurate ball if given LOTS of time to throw. And his arm is not real strong. He's not super athletic although he's not a terrible athlete either. His release at times can be slow. He's far from the sure thing Peyton Manning he is portrayed to be here on the WZ. His release is nowhere near that good and his arm is not that strong (compared to Peyton).

People here think he is the second coming of Peyton Manning but I'm not sold on that as a guarantee. They like him because he is the popular Bay Area prospect. And they probably follow him at Stanford and cheer for him.

Don't get me wrong. I think he can be good. But every good play I've ever seen him make was with lots of time to throw. You know our QB won't have time.

I don't who has been comparing him to Peyton around here, but he looks a lot more like Eli. As far as your criticisms, his release is what college football analysts have been speaking highly of. He also takes a lot of three step drops because of the west coast type of offense that they run. Lot of slants and short ins and outs. But his deep throws are not terrible either. He also throws well on the run. His o-line does tend to break down and he ends up making plays with his feet.

Its pretty obvious that it will be San Diego's first time watching Luck this Saturday!!!!

I've watched him plenty of times and seen him in person too. He's a very poor mans Matt Schaub. He's no Peyton Manning...

A poor man's Schaub?

He is wayyyy better then Schaub at this point in his career. I used the comparison based on their skill set/strengths/weaknesses. But Luck is a much improved version of Schaub, which is why people are drooling over him.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Based on this video, I'd say his athleticism is on par with Rodgers. He has quick feet and has some speed in those legs. Rodgers surprised a lot of people with his athleticism when he came into the NFL, I think Luck will do the same.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

A poor man's Schaub?

He is wayyyy better then Schaub at this point in his career. I used the comparison based on their skill set/strengths/weaknesses. But Luck is a much improved version of Schaub, which is why people are drooling over him.

He's stiff and unathletic. The only good throws I've ever seen him make are with LOTS of time. We know our line doesn't provide lots of time. He's far from a sure thing Peyton Manning that he is made out to be.

A poor man's Schaub?

He's stiff and unathletic. The only good throws I've ever seen him make are with LOTS of time. We know our line doesn't provide lots of time. He's far from a sure thing Peyton Manning that he is made out to be.

I don't see the Matt Schaub comparison either. Like I said countless times, Luck looks like a more athletic Eli Manning. And to say that he's stiff and unathletic makes me question if you've even watched him play for more than five minutes. The guy continually makes plays on his feet because his line does break down. Besides, Stanford's line is not great. It's not like they have top prospects on that line. The only reason you think he has "lots of time" is because Luck makes quick reads, has the quick release, and/or he's coming from the three step drop.
I skimmed through a bunch of the posts here and have decided most of you have never actually watched him play outside of youtube videos....

put it this way, in literally 3 straight games...I've heard him referred to as 'the best college quarterback i've seen since peyton manning'..
The only problem I have with him is accuracy on his deep throws. He is very inconsistent at times.

A poor man's Schaub?

I don't see the Matt Schaub comparison either. Like I said countless times, Luck looks like a more athletic Eli Manning. And to say that he's stiff and unathletic makes me question if you've even watched him play for more than five minutes. The guy continually makes plays on his feet because his line does break down. Besides, Stanford's line is not great. It's not like they have top prospects on that line. The only reason you think he has "lots of time" is because Luck makes quick reads, has the quick release, and/or he's coming from the three step drop.

He has lots of time because his line is good... And he rarely makes a good play of something breaks down.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
I skimmed through a bunch of the posts here and have decided most of you have never actually watched him play outside of youtube videos....

put it this way, in literally 3 straight games...I've heard him referred to as 'the best college quarterback i've seen since peyton manning'..

He's no Peyton Manning. Manning has a stronger arm is a better athlete and has a much quicker release.

Originally posted by saniner:
The only problem I have with him is accuracy on his deep throws. He is very inconsistent at times.

Honestly Alex is better at the deep ball... It's short and medium range where Alex struggles.

He's no Peyton Manning. Manning has a stronger arm is a better athlete and has a much quicker release.

You honestly think Manning is a better athlete than Luck?!

Now I know it's obvious you never watched Luck play.

For arm strength, accuracy, and quick release you bet he is. And Luck is a stiff unathletic athlete. He's not going to run and make something happen if it breaks down.

For arm strength, accuracy, and quick release you bet he is. And Luck is a stiff unathletic athlete. He's not going to run and make something happen if it breaks down.

Arm strength, accuracy, and quick releases, of course Peyton has the edge on that. Peyton has the edge on everyone in the NFL!

But to say that Luck is stiff and unathletic is a ridiculous statement made by someone who clearly just watches youtube videos or looks up the stats. He's already got more TDs than he had all last year. He's rushed for 250+ yards in 35 registered attempts. He fights with his feet EVERY game.

Arm strength, accuracy, and quick releases, of course Peyton has the edge on that. Peyton has the edge on everyone in the NFL!

But to say that Luck is stiff and unathletic is a ridiculous statement made by someone who clearly just watches youtube videos or looks up the stats. He's already got more TDs than he had all last year. He's rushed for 250+ yards in 35 registered attempts. He fights with his feet EVERY game.

Yep. SanDiego, you are totally off your rocker calling Luck unathletic. Luck is great on the roll out and Stanford has SET RUN PLAYS for Luck, and he does pretty good on them!
Share 49ersWebzone