There are 633 users in the forums
2010 NFL Draft Recap: Ten Biggest Steals
Browse 49ers books and videos
May 3, 2010 at 8:09 AM
- GEEK
- Veteran
- Posts: 19,430
Sweet...steals even before they take the field...
May 3, 2010 at 8:35 AM
- PatrickJira411
- Member
- Posts: 4,117
I was originally critical of the Bowman pick, not because I did not think he was a good player as he was certainly good value where we got him but I was worried where he would fit in our 3-4 defense. Now I feel good about the pick as I think he can play a little bit at every LB spot in the 3-4 (including outside) and I do think he can put on the weight to be a "Ted" down the road. Just a very good football player. I talk to some Penn State people and they rave about him and I went back and watched the Penn State-USC Rose Bowl game and Bowman stood out. He may have been the best defensive player on the field (for both sides) that day. A very good, sound tackler who closes well, has very good instincts and does a nice job of shedding blocks.
May 3, 2010 at 12:03 PM
- lamontb
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,284
don't we have to see how good these guys are before we call them steals?
May 3, 2010 at 12:05 PM
- YungBird
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,475
bleacher report
May 3, 2010 at 1:44 PM
- WildBill
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,217
I think you have to wait and see on paper mays and B maybe steals but until they take the field and produce no one can say for sure.
As Chris Berman would say thats why they play the game...
As Chris Berman would say thats why they play the game...
May 3, 2010 at 2:43 PM
- TX9R
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,352
Originally posted by 49erWill:![]()
![]()
![]()
looks like a beast
Isn't that Trindon Holliday? I would look like a beast next to him, and I'm 6'0 180!
May 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM
- BuZzB28
- Member
- Posts: 2,917
i think the best was steal Mays better than bowman.

May 3, 2010 at 8:32 PM
- 49wyztoscore
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,048
Originally posted by Kolohe:Originally posted by Dominate:
In 5 years they will be talking about how Mays was the biggest steal of this draft.
I can't wait 5 years, I need to hear them say it in 2011!!!!!
May 4, 2010 at 1:23 AM
- DaDivaRecieva15
- Veteran
- Posts: 37,974
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i think the best was steal Mays better than bowman.
Agreed
May 4, 2010 at 7:33 AM
- jta854
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,305
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i think the best was steal Mays better than bowman.
Agreed
If you were rating the 49ers draft just based on the first four picks I would give us a A+.
May 4, 2010 at 8:39 AM
- thuglife619
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,473
Originally posted by jta854:Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i think the best was steal Mays better than bowman.
Agreed
If you were rating the 49ers draft just based on the first four picks I would give us a A+.
Same here
May 4, 2010 at 11:52 AM
- Schulzy
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,394
Originally posted by ads_2006:
bleacherreport
May 4, 2010 at 12:15 PM
- PatrickJira411
- Member
- Posts: 4,117
Mays, Bowman and Anthony Dixon were all steals/good value picks, iMO
May 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM
- ninerlifer
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,237
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I was originally critical of the Bowman pick, not because I did not think he was a good player as he was certainly good value where we got him but I was worried where he would fit in our 3-4 defense. Now I feel good about the pick as I think he can play a little bit at every LB spot in the 3-4 (including outside) and I do think he can put on the weight to be a "Ted" down the road. Just a very good football player. I talk to some Penn State people and they rave about him and I went back and watched the Penn State-USC Rose Bowl game and Bowman stood out. He may have been the best defensive player on the field (for both sides) that day. A very good, sound tackler who closes well, has very good instincts and does a nice job of shedding blocks.
Dude, I tried telling ya!
May 4, 2010 at 12:55 PM
- PatrickJira411
- Member
- Posts: 4,117
Originally posted by ninerlifer:Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I was originally critical of the Bowman pick, not because I did not think he was a good player as he was certainly good value where we got him but I was worried where he would fit in our 3-4 defense. Now I feel good about the pick as I think he can play a little bit at every LB spot in the 3-4 (including outside) and I do think he can put on the weight to be a "Ted" down the road. Just a very good football player. I talk to some Penn State people and they rave about him and I went back and watched the Penn State-USC Rose Bowl game and Bowman stood out. He may have been the best defensive player on the field (for both sides) that day. A very good, sound tackler who closes well, has very good instincts and does a nice job of shedding blocks.
Dude, I tried telling ya!
You did, I was just hoping for a cornerback and really couldn't see Bowman as a "Ted" but yeah he was a great pick, great value. I talk to two differen't people who follow Penn State like I follow the 49ers and they just raved about Bowman. I talked to a few draft people about Bowman and they all said he was a 2nd rd talent and one said he was a first round talent. Went back and watched the USC-Penn State Rose Bowl game; Bowman stood out! Navorro Bowman will be a player for the 49ers.