LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 342 users in the forums

**AB's FINAL WZ Collaborative MOCK DRAFT** Rd. 4 Packers(AB) OTC

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Easy pick for the Seahawks here. Everyone knows Seattle doesn't have much at RB. Carroll stays in Pac-10 again and drafts:

Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
ouch. Kerry Rhodes is a FS. I follow the Jets and he's a horrible tackler to be a SS. I'm glad they got rid of him so i understand the pick though.

A few times I've seen Jets play - Kerry has lined up at SS. Then again, in 3-4...FS and SS are usually interchangeable. But, yeah...I don't like Kerry at all. I don' think he is good at anything.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Arizona selects:

Morgan Burnett, FS, Georgia Tech

Arizona did acquire Kerry Rhodes from the Jets, but he plays the same position as Adrian Wilson. Rhodes is on decline and has to prove himself. Burnett is the BPA here, and Cards are excited to get him here.

good pick at this point, i have him as my 5th rated Safety, so good value here IMO.

Thanks AB. I think he was the BPA at that point and I think Kerry is more of a backup now, than a starter in this league. With Rolle gone, 'Zone must look to upgrade this position.
ouch. Kerry Rhodes is a FS. I follow the Jets and he's a horrible tackler to be a SS. I'm glad they got rid of him so i understand the pick though.

A few times I've seen Jets play - Kerry has lined up at SS. Then again, in 3-4...FS and SS are usually interchangeable. But, yeah...I don't like Kerry at all. I don' think he is good at anything.

Yeah the Jets even under Mangini had used their safeties the same way. He's much better as a FS because he does actually have some decent ballhawking skills(when he wants to). His tackling is horrible and thats why they went out and got Jim Leonhard to play SS.

I'm just happy he's gone. I still laugh when i think about all of the people here were pissed when the Jets traded him to the Cardinals for "Only a 4th." I would have taken a ham sandwich for the man just to get him out of town.

The Cardinals will soon learn that all he cares about is himself. So i actually like the pick now for the Cardinals. I was just shocked the Cardinals took him because of how overrated the guy is i didn't expect other Niners fans to actually know that. lol i was certain Burnett would slip to the Cowboys.
With that said, i really like McCluster for the Cowboys. After trading away Barber the Cowboys could use more depth at RB. The jack-of-all-trades McCluster would provide the Cowboys with dynamic playmaking skills all over the field on offense and special teams.

In a way i really wouldn't mind the 49ers drafting him. He'd be a nice addition to our squad. We need a scat-back type RB but also have needs at the slot and in the return game. he would provide us with every single one of those needs and then some. Not a bad player in the wildcat from what i saw in Ole' miss games either.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Yeah the Jets even under Mangini had used their safeties the same way. He's much better as a FS because he does actually have some decent ballhawking skills(when he wants to). His tackling is horrible and thats why they went out and got Jim Leonhard to play SS.

I'm just happy he's gone. I still laugh when i think about all of the people here were pissed when the Jets traded him to the Cardinals for "Only a 4th." I would have taken a ham sandwich for the man just to get him out of town.

The Cardinals will soon learn that all he cares about is himself. So i actually like the pick now for the Cardinals. I was just shocked the Cardinals took him because of how overrated the guy is i didn't expect other Niners fans to actually know that. lol i was certain Burnett would slip to the Cowboys.

My best friend is a cowboys and jets fan, so I watched some Jets game with him in 2008-2009.

Oh, and I really like the McCluster pick. If Barber is gone, than Felix takes on a more prominent role in the running game. Cowboys can't risk puttin' him at KR/PR week-in and week-out. Plus, he can also be used in slot - so pretty good fit IMO.

My best friend is a cowboys and jets fan, so I watched some Jets game with him in 2008-2009.

Oh, and I really like the McCluster pick. If Barber is gone, than Felix takes on a more prominent role in the running game. Cowboys can't risk puttin' him at KR/PR week-in and week-out. Plus, he can also be used in slot - so pretty good fit IMO.

Makes sense on why you know about Rhodes then. I've tried debating this issue with other people but most just overrate him because of his high Madden rating.
I was shocked about Burnett going ahead of me so i didn't even really have a backup plan.

Thanks as well for the McCluster comment. Took me awhile to make a choice but felt McCluster was the best fit. The reasons you stated was why i picked him. I think he'd be able to help them in so many ways.
The Jets, looking for interior oline help are surprised to see this guys still hanging around.

NY selects Ole Miss OG/OT, John Jerry

sorry guys, got caught up, 1st off are we doing a 3rd rd?

And 2nd, The Vikes take Dominique Franks, CB, Oklahoma
I'm good with doing a 3rd round. I can do a 4th if everyone wanted to do that as well. I'm down for whatever though.

I'm good with doing a 3rd round. I can do a 4th if everyone wanted to do that as well. I'm down for whatever though.

Me, too. Lets do it as long as all the guys stay involved.
Indy adds to their o-line by selecting Illinois OG, Jon Asamoah.

Yeah, I'm up for a 3rd.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Yeah, I'm up for a 3rd.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Yea, def. doing a 3rd. If we have time, we'll do a 4th too.
Share 49ersWebzone