LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Anthony Davis

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
This guy Sucks!! Slow feet. This guy cant handle a bull rush worth anything. He is slow. I hope we dont pick this guy. [b]He was beat so many times last year

im assuming u didnt see him play last year?

No I didnt. How'd you know?

talent wise he was fairly good he does need to work on his feetwork a little but he difinitally did not get beat that much talent and potential wise he is a top 10 pick after the season ended (before combine and such) he was a top 10 lock only problem he has is character issues and work ethic not saying there not important but talent wise he is pretty good

He seems cumbersome and slow in his reaction to me. I'm not even going into his work ethic; but his big, burly body is what his best attribute is, I think. Im going to study who his competition was this past year tonight and follow up.
I really want a more agile, light footed pass blocker if we're looking at OT, either side
This guy Sucks!! Slow feet. This guy cant handle a bull rush worth anything. He is slow. I hope we dont pick this guy. [b]He was beat so many times last year

talent wise he was fairly good he does need to work on his feetwork a little but he difinitally did not get beat that much talent and potential wise he is a top 10 pick after the season ended (before combine and such) he was a top 10 lock only problem he has is character issues and work ethic not saying there not important but talent wise he is pretty good

He seems cumbersome and slow in his reaction to me. I'm not even going into his work ethic; but his big, burly body is what his best attribute is, I think. Im going to study who his competition was this past year tonight and follow up.
I really want a more agile, light footed pass blocker if we're looking at OT, either side

i agree too especially inn our ZBS however i wouldnt be too upset if we pick him up espcially at 17 just saying that he has a talent so its not like we reached for him if we do get him

i agree too especially inn our ZBS however i wouldnt be too upset if we pick him up espcially at 17 just saying that he has a talent so its not like we reached for him if we do get him

Do you unseat Staley at LT in '10?I think we'll both agree to no. And what if he is the pick at 17, isnt there more confidence in the possibilty of Brown, who may come into play, and also IMO had the higher level of competition. Too many ? marks for him to use a first rounder on to me.

Do you think he has similarities to Barry Sims? Maybe just a bigger Sims? Maybe he doesnt play the RT position well. All this I dont know.

Do you unseat Staley at LT in '10?I think we'll both agree to no. And what if he is the pick at 17, isnt there more confidence in the possibilty of Brown, who may come into play, and also IMO had the higher level of competition. Too many ? marks for him to use a first rounder on to me.

Do you think he has similarities to Barry Sims? Maybe just a bigger Sims? Maybe he doesnt play the RT position well. All this I dont know.

There is no way he unseats staley anthony davis is way to big and slow to play LT in the nfl not saying he wouldnt be horrible but he is not a first round LT who you start from day 1 he has to lose some weight and get quicker however fortunately for us he is perfectly suited for the RT position. He is big and is a dominant run blocker easily one of the top in this years class he has great leverage great strength and he finishes his blocks which is very important. As a pass blocker he is average at best his footwork needs work as well as his lateral movement

brown is the exact opposite of davis he is like an oversized TE he excels at pass blocking but his run blocking may be below average his work ethic is much better as well (so im assunimg he wouldnt have problems going into the gym and bulk up) however he lacks the size. If we get Brown we have to move staley to RT because brown will get completely manhandled at the RT position untill he bulks up more.

There is no way he unseats staley anthony davis is way to big and slow to play LT in the nfl not saying he wouldnt be horrible but he is not a first round LT who you start from day 1 he has to lose some weight and get quicker however fortunately for us he is perfectly suited for the RT position. He is big and is a dominant run blocker easily one of the top in this years class he has great leverage great strength and he finishes his blocks which is very important. As a pass blocker he is average at best his footwork needs work as well as his lateral movement

brown is the exact opposite of davis he is like an oversized TE he excels at pass blocking but his run blocking may be below average his work ethic is much better as well (so im assunimg he wouldnt have problems going into the gym and bulk up) however he lacks the size. If we get Brown we have to move staley to RT because brown will get completely manhandled at the RT position untill he bulks up more.

Well put. I agree to agree
  • 49ersfuture
  • Info N/A

Staley was like an oversized TE when he came out and he was 6-6 306. Davis measured 6-6 303 at the combine. Staley started at RT his first year and played every snap. I would not be so quick to assume that Brown couldn't play RT.
Originally posted by 49ersfuture:

Staley was like an oversized TE when he came out and he was 6-6 306. Davis measured 6-6 303 at the combine. Staley started at RT his first year and played every snap. I would not be so quick to assume that Brown couldn't play RT.

yes but staley was much stronger staley was able to do teh 225 reps i believe somewhere aropund 30 times while charles brown was only able to do it 21 times
if he gets past 22 trade up to get him. he's a top ten talent with a bad work ethic. as our potential third first round pick he's worth the risk, especially in an uncapped year. we can front load his contract, allowing us to cut him for cheap down the road
  • 49ersfuture
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49ersfuture:

yes but staley was much stronger staley was able to do teh 225 reps i believe somewhere aropund 30 times while charles brown was only able to do it 21 times

Staley lifted 225 lbs 27 times to Brown's 21; six lifts of 225 lbs in the weight room is the difference between starting at RT or not in the NFL?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2007_OT
Quote:
Matt Maiocco: Rutgers OT Anthony Davis, projected 1st-rounder, is scheduled to visit 49ers Thursday, reports Asbury Park Press.

Link Here!

Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
Matt Maiocco: Rutgers OT Anthony Davis, projected 1st-rounder, is scheduled to visit 49ers Thursday, reports Asbury Park Press.

Link Here!

Championship!

I couldn't resist. Still, I remember him being touted as a top 10 pick before his fall from grace being a dumb ass. He has a very high ceiling from what I have read and needs the right environment to succeed.

He would be a viable option for us in the first. I would love his value to be the #17 pick so that we can get that top 10 pick that drops with the other. Still, I would rather have Trent Williams and hope hes the guy that drops.

"4. *Anthony Davis, Rutgers, 6-5, 323, 1
Despite being 40 pounds lighter than his freshman season, NFL scouts wonder if Davis is willing to do the work to maximize his tremendous raw athleticism. This huge man has the ability to be as good as he wants to be. He has an explosive first step, impressive strength that should be expected at his size and nimble footwork that is better than should be expected of such a large person. He was suspended one game for violating team rules in 2008, benched for a quarter in 2009 for missing a team meeting and demoted to second team after reporting overweight last year. When he did play, Davis allowed only 6.5 sacks and eight pressures on 699 pass plays, according to the coaching staff. "--NFLDraftScout.com[/i]

[ Edited by ninertico on Mar 30, 2010 at 21:29:29 ]
It seems to me that picks in the top half of the first round are for exceptional talents with very low risk of failure. The bottom half of the first round is where you start going after exceptional talents that have higher risk. If Davis has a risk of being too unmotivated, you do not draft him this early.

Remember Kwame Harris? He was rated a top 10 to 15 talent by many, but he never seemed to produce at a sufficient level in pass protection. Too many people who should know simply failed to properly evaluate him. What was his problem? I am nothing but a poor amateur, but he seemed slow-footed and lacked fire. He would hang his head after every holding penalty or blown pass protection as if he was demoralized.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Quote:

Link Here!

Championship!

I couldn't resist. Still, I remember him being touted as a top 10 pick before his fall from grace being a dumb ass. He has a very high ceiling from what I have read and needs the right environment to succeed.

He would be a viable option for us in the first. I would love his value to be the #17 pick so that we can get that top 10 pick that drops with the other. Still, I would rather have Trent Williams and hope hes the guy that drops.

Despite being 40 pounds lighter than his freshman season, NFL scouts wonder if Davis is willing to do the work to maximize his tremendous raw athleticism. This huge man has the ability to be as good as he wants to be. He has an explosive first step, impressive strength that should be expected at his size and nimble footwork that is better than should be expected of such a large person. He was suspended one game for violating team rules in 2008, benched for a quarter in 2009 for missing a team meeting and demoted to second team after reporting overweight last year. When he did play, Davis allowed only 6.5 sacks and eight pressures on 699 pass plays, according to the coaching staff. "--NFLDraftScout.com[/i]

Boom or bust type. He has great size and ability but man he was overweight reporting every year at Rutgers starting his freshman yr and was suspended in 08 for a game for violating team rules (missing meetings and a practice) and was demoted in 09 for a game for doing the same. Then he shows up overweight at the combine and bombs in the interviews. If this guy can stay in shape and focused for the biggest day(s) of his career what makes you think he will once he gets paid?

I would love to see Singletary interview this kid and im curious to see what Sing thinks about him and what he could do with (for) him along with Solari.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Quote:

Link Here!

Championship!

Boom or bust type. He has great size and ability but man he was overweight reporting every year at Rutgers starting his freshman yr and was suspended in 08 for a game for violating team rules (missing meetings and a practice) and was demoted in 09 for a game for doing the same. Then he shows up overweight at the combine and bombs in the interviews. If this guy can stay in shape and focused for the biggest day(s) of his career what makes you think he will once he gets paid?

I would love to see Singletary interview this kid and im curious to see what Sing thinks about him and what he could do with (for) him along with Solari.

We have evidence that environment does change one's behavior. Just look at Brooks and Boone. For whatever reason, they are succeeding here. Davis can be the next addition to that list.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Quote:

Link Here!

Championship!

We have evidence that environment does change one's behavior. Just look at Brooks and Boone. For whatever reason, they are succeeding here. Davis can be the next addition to that list.

Boone kicked his drinking habit and we'll see how much he succeeds here and lets see how Ahmad Brooks handles a big payday and success.
Share 49ersWebzone