LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Anthony Davis

Just say NO!!!!!!

There's no way we take this guy and it puzzles me why anyone would want this dude.
It could be b/c on tape he puts in work and does his job
Originally posted by lamontb:

So does Joe Haden, who is rated higher than Davis, and people are down on Haden bcuz of a poor 40 time?
I hope we aren't this desperate for an offensive tackle.
Davis scares me for a couple reasons. No 1 being a lousy attitude. Seems loads of ability, but no fire in the gut. Secondly, he strikes me as a left tackle only, and I just dread moving Staley over to the right side and having two guys adjusting at the same time.
I think he might not even be on the Niners draft board anymore. Apparently Davis has done nothing in his interviews or combine to show his maturity or lack of maturity is improving.

I would personally like to take OT at 13, if not available, BPA, trade down a few slots from 17 to 20, pick up the OT from USC, probably overdrafting him, but the niners need a RT.
He scares me. Would be real worried given a guy like Davis with his work ethic and attitude, a big signing bonus.
Hopefully, Weird Al and da Raider's take him cause of his measureables....
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Davis scares me for a couple reasons. No 1 being a lousy attitude. Seems loads of ability, but no fire in the gut. Secondly, he strikes me as a left tackle only, and I just dread moving Staley over to the right side and having two guys adjusting at the same time.

Hey, didn't I hear your name in an old Bob Hope movie? I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's of Jewish origin, but who or what is ishkabibel?
People are talking about him like Andre Smith last year. Top pick months ago but is dropping closer to the draft because of attitude and effort issues. But Smith still went #5 (I think) the the Bengals. You never know, Davis may be long gone by the time we pick. If history is any lesson mock drafts and the "experts" analysis doesn't always mean much.
I'd still take him over Adam Snyder anyday!

Originally posted by 4evrfan:

Hey, didn't I hear your name in an old Bob Hope movie? I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's of Jewish origin, but who or what is ishkabibel?

Google it. Any thoughts on Davis?
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Originally posted by lamontb:

So does Joe Haden, who is rated higher than Davis, and people are down on Haden bcuz of a poor 40 time?
I hope we aren't this desperate for an offensive tackle.

Figure it out for yourself!

OT's: Staley, Sims, Snyder

If Hayden (who worked out for the Browns today) even drops to 13, we're lucky. At 19 though, how could you not be into drafting a OT who has 1st round talent?
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

Google it. Any thoughts on Davis?

Haven't googled it yet, Ish, but yes, I have thoughts on Davis, and they're more like nightmares. Like your number 1 reason, I question his attitude/dedication. He may be a bust and we don't need another one of those on the O-line. However, as the recent article stated, the next best available tackle would likely be Brown, who is also a LT prospect and might require moving Staley to the right side. But, is that really so bad? i'm betting Staley would do well there and actually might be a better RT than LT. bottom line though? No on Davis.
Was a three-year starter for the Scarlet Knights --- Named 2nd Team All-Big East in 2008 and 1st Team in 2009 --- Also garnered some All-American notice in 2009 --- Was one of the nation's top recruits coming out of high school and had offers to all the big-time programs but chose to stay home and sign with Rutgers --- Weighed 366 pounds when he arrived at college --- Started at guard in 2007 before moving to left tackle for good the following year --- Sat out a game in 2008 due to a violation of team rules --- Was briefly demoted to the second team after reporting to camp overweight in 2009 --- Suspended for the first quarter of a game in 2009 after arriving late to a team function --- Is arguably the most talented blocker in this class but needs to grow up and stay in shape --- Boom or Bust type of prospect with rare gifts but might lack the intangibles required to maximize his immense potential.

sucks about his dedication questions
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't know this guy was the 2nd rated tackle behind Okung before all this stuff happended. He's only 20 so he has some growing up to do, but if he falls because of maturity concerns and Sing and Baalke have checked him out as just being immature and that's it, I say take him at #17 and don't look back. He could be a real steal at #17.
Share 49ersWebzone