There are 203 users in the forums

quick rant

I still think there will be sufficient OL talent in the second round for us to focus elsewhere in the 1st round and just go with the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE. If it's Spiller, I'd be very disappointed in us taking a tackle over him just because it's been identified as a more pressing need.
Originally posted by ramanz16:
I still think there will be sufficient OL talent in the second round for us to focus elsewhere in the 1st round and just go with the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE. If it's Spiller, I'd be very disappointed in us taking a tackle over him just because it's been identified as a more pressing need.

spiller isnt BPA over Bulaga williams or okung though maybe over anthony dacis but thats it

spiller would only have 10 touches on O and maybe lets say 5 or 6 on ST at most you dont spend a 13 pick and that much money for only 16 touches in the entire game
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by ramanz16:

spiller isnt BPA over Bulaga williams or okung though maybe over anthony dacis but thats it

spiller would only have 10 touches on O and maybe lets say 5 or 6 on ST at most you dont spend a 13 pick and that much money for only 16 touches in the entire game

I'd take Bulaga or Okung, not Williams or Davis, over Spiller. But again everyone's got their own ratings and the only one that matters is whoever is running our draft this year. As long as we're drafting talent and not need in at least the first couple rounds I'll be happy, we're far from 'rock solid' at any position and can stand to improve everywhere.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
BECAUSE HE IS A GAMEBREAKER AND WE DON'T HAVE MANY OF THOSE!

o line is much more important look at the colts have been on top of league for years they have dominant o line

best example look at the saints they have had reggie bush and drew brees for a while now they just made the playoffs what even though they had both a game breaker and a QB they couldnt make the playoffs they upgrade their o line then they make superbowl and win it

O line is the key if we want to win no matter how unsexy it is it is our biggest need and that getting a dominant OT and OG in draft will take us far in the playoffs

How many 1st round picks did the Saints and Colts invest into those OL's ? The Saints got through the season and went to the Superbowl without Jamal Brown FWIW, it was Jermon Bushrod who played most of the snaps at LT (Strief also played a few).

Not saying we should ignore the OL in the 1st round but look closely at those lines, they don't have much invested in them, they are both more of a product of good coaching.
It remains to be seen, but I think with McCloughan out of the draft picture, there may be a better chance Baalke and Singletary will take more playmakers than if Scot was still running the show. If either Haden or Spiller is available, and Singletary still gets his OT, I'm down.
Share 49ersWebzone