LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Draft Ace

I dont know about you guys but i really like Draft Ace mock draft
i was looking at last year Mock Draft & they where the only ones that had us taking Michael Crabtree in the Draft pretty accurate.

im hoping that their predictions come true again for us this year

looks pretty good.......

1st Round: 13th pick

Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
Scouting Report
Upgrading the offensive line is the 49ers top priority this offseason, but Haden may be too good to pass up. Nate Clements is expected to return for 2010 despite being owed over $6M and having lost his starting job prior to suffering a season-ending injury last year. The addition of Haden would vastly improve their secondary and potentially make Clements expendable, allowing the Niners to save some money. If Haden is gone, Bryan Bulaga, Trent Williams and Anthony Davis should be their targets.

1st Round: 17th pick
Earl Thomas S Texas
Scouting Report
If the 49ers are able to address their offensive line needs with the first pick, they can turn their attention to the secondary here. With Clements due over $6M in 2010, it may be a tough sell to spend a 1st-round pick on a cornerback. Safety, however, is another need which could be addressed here. Dashon Goldson struggled at free safety, and Earl Thomas would represent a significant upgrade. Thomas excels in coverage, the area which Goldson struggled with most.

2nd Round: 49th pick
Jahvid Best RB California
Scouting Report
Best would give the Niners a thunder-and-lightning duo with Frank Gore.

it would be a dream draft if we could get Williams Thomas & Spiller but we all know that isnt going to happend

but if we could get these 3 that wouldnt be bad either
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I dont know about you guys but i really like Draft Ace mock draft
i was looking at last year Mock Draft & they where the only ones that had us taking Michael Crabtree in the Draft pretty accurate.

im hoping that their predictions come true again for us this year

looks pretty good.......

1st Round: 13th pick

Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
Scouting Report
Upgrading the offensive line is the 49ers top priority this offseason, but Haden may be too good to pass up. Nate Clements is expected to return for 2010 despite being owed over $6M and having lost his starting job prior to suffering a season-ending injury last year. The addition of Haden would vastly improve their secondary and potentially make Clements expendable, allowing the Niners to save some money. If Haden is gone, Bryan Bulaga, Trent Williams and Anthony Davis should be their targets.

1st Round: 17th pick
Earl Thomas S Texas
Scouting Report
If the 49ers are able to address their offensive line needs with the first pick, they can turn their attention to the secondary here. With Clements due over $6M in 2010, it may be a tough sell to spend a 1st-round pick on a cornerback. Safety, however, is another need which could be addressed here. Dashon Goldson struggled at free safety, and Earl Thomas would represent a significant upgrade. Thomas excels in coverage, the area which Goldson struggled with most.

2nd Round: 49th pick
Jahvid Best RB California
Scouting Report
Best would give the Niners a thunder-and-lightning duo with Frank Gore.

it would be a dream draft if we could get Williams Thomas & Spiller but we all know that isnt going to happend

but if we could get these 3 that wouldnt be bad either

Just like my mock
I would love it if that is how the first 3 picks went down.
I like the 1st round picks but not the 2nd round pick. I would like to get a LG in the 2nd round.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

I thought this thread was gonna be about you
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
For the hundredth time, we are not drafting Earl Thomas!!! McCloughan does not like small DB's. And yes, I don't agree with that kind of philosophy.
i rather go spiller, williams and a OG in the second
Originally posted by Kolohe:
For the hundredth time, we are not drafting Earl Thomas!!! McCloughan does not like small DB's. And yes, I don't agree with that kind of philosophy.

Not to split hairs, but isn't Brown pretty small?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by adrenaline:

Yes, he is. I think hes listed at 5'10", that's what confuses the s**t outta me when he made that statement. But again, Brown was drafted in the 5th round, so I think value has a lot to do with it.

Originally posted by adrenaline:

Yes, he is. I think hes listed at 5'10", that's what confuses the s**t outta me when he made that statement. But again, Brown was drafted in the 5th round, so I think value has a lot to do with it.

Yeah, I think he would've went a lot earlier if he didn't have "character issues." Worked well for the 49ers though.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran

3 Reasons why McCloughan might draft E.T.

1. Besides OT there's no player that is an obvious choice for McCloughan. He can go BPA but will that be?

2. Thomas put on some muscle prior to the combine so he is bigger/stronger (just not taller) and had a strong combine with what I read.

3. Thomas has had success in college. A proven track record is something that McCloughan looks for.

So if not Earl Thomas...then who would it be? I don't think you can rule him out=]
I think that's a really good draft if it goes down that way.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Walsh:

3 Reasons why McCloughan might draft E.T.

1. Besides OT there's no player that is an obvious choice for McCloughan. He can go BPA but will that be?

2. Thomas put on some muscle prior to the combine so he is bigger/stronger (just not taller) and had a strong combine with what I read.

3. Thomas has had success in college. A proven track record is something that McCloughan looks for.

So if not Earl Thomas...then who would it be? I don't think you can rule him out=]

Quote:
From Matt Barrows'-
2/25/10-
On the need for fleet-footed corners in a league with so many prolific passers
SM: Again, each team has their own philosophy in what they believe. We believe in bigger corners. In our division, we went 5-1 last year, I think we set ourselves up pretty well to match up against guys in our division. Also, you've got to realize the receivers coming in have somewhat running back vision and instincts because they the ball and have so many opportunities to make plays in college. But again, I'll never lose sight of this and maybe I'm a dinosaur in this, but it's a big man's game. From the standpoint of holding up through a season durability-wise. But also in the playoffs. You have to have some size and some power and strength I think to be a contender year in and year out.

Again, I really doubt McCloughan takes Earl Thomas in the 1st round, and I really doubt he values the Secondary position that high in the draft. Unless of course his name is Eric Berry.
I would love it if that happened. Best/(Haden/Thomas/Berry/Mays)/RT is a great draft.
Share 49ersWebzone