There are 217 users in the forums

The Future of ILB

how many people here where stoked at the possibility of getting briggs via trade a couple of years back? adding 25 would only help the niners D, especially on 1st and 2nd down in terms of coverage and, if im not mistaken there isnt an iron clad rule that states that the player holding down the ted position cant also play on 3rd down too. i know the ted isnt the most glorified pos on the D but theres no rule that states that the player holding down the ted should be a guy who is 2nd tier talent.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:
i think mckillop is a career backup/ST demon personally.

what about micah johnson at the TED?

Curious: can you produce any justification for the McKillop comment or just gut feeling?

This is from Matt Maiocco's blog:

Q: How do the Niners feel about McKillop and Wilhelm? Do they view that position as a need, or are they confident in them? @mjl84

MM: The 49ers do not consider Scott McKillop a can't-miss future starter for the 49ers. But at the spot they got him in the draft, they adored him for being able to - at the very least - be a solid backup for a long time and be a demon on special teams. That's why I believe if a unique player, such as McClain were at the top of their list of best-available players, they would not hesitate to grab him. Wilhelm did what was asked of him after he replaced Jeff Ulbrich on the roster, but he is certainly guaranteed no spot for next season.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/01/lots-of-questions-to-consider-as-offseason-begins.html

9erHIGH = Matt Maiocco

...wouldnt i love to have that kind of access to the 9ers...
when mckillop was given a chance midseason and the 9ers changed their mind
and went with wilhem, that was a little sign to me.
lets be honest, for the TED spot, he's already behind the 8ball so-to-speak,
just from the physical tools standpoint (i.e. undersized, not particularly athletic.)
so if he also is not naturally instinctual, i'm not sure how high his ceiling is.

i think what we all want to see from the TED spot is a very Fysical presence.
a guy who is more likely to punish blockers and let willis run.
McClain brings that (plus a whole heck of a lot more) and i think
even b.spikes brings that as well.
u guys should really take a look at Micah Johnson from Kentucky. He reminds me of Takeo Spikes in so many ways. And looks like a 34 ilb as well.

Originally posted by thaakingd:
u guys should really take a look at Micah Johnson from Kentucky. He reminds me of Takeo Spikes in so many ways. And looks like a 34 ilb as well.

Originally posted by 9erHIGH:
i think mckillop is a career backup/ST demon personally.

what about micah johnson at the TED?

i like how u think my man

Share 49ersWebzone