There are 214 users in the forums

Bowl Game All-Stars

Now that our final college bowl game has been completed, I wanted to open up a thread on which draftable players impressed you the most during this bowl season. This could be a highly-rated, mid-ranked, or low-rated player who caught your eye.

I watched nearly every game this offseason, and I'm sure OTC saw every minute of every game (so he clearly should have an 18 volume work ready to go), and I'm sure many of you caught more than a few games.

I'll withhold my comments until some of you get the ball rolling, and add who I thought stood out.

Cheers.
Antonio Brown WR from Central Michigan caught my eye, he played really well as a returner and a WR.
I'm an Ohio State fan so watching Kurt Coleman help shut down a very potent Oregon passing team impressed.
Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa

He caught my attention the most, he had a big game.

Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

He had a good game too but so did a bunch of guys on that oline.

Patrick Robinson CB Florida State

I thought he showed well in his bowl game.

Rolando McClain ILB Alabama

"To get onto the field, McClain had to be hydrated with two intravenous injections before the game. At halftime, he had another.

“My team needed me,” McClain said. “They needed me to be a leader out there. I couldn’t let them see that I was sick. I couldn’t let them see that I wasn’t 100 percent."

And also Iupati, Kindle and Derek Morgan had good games as well.

[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Jan 8, 2010 at 19:31:10 ]
Didn't get to see a lot of games, but Mike Johnson OG from Ala impressed. Sergio Kindle OLB Texas played with a lot of hustle and enthusiasm. On the other hand I'm underwhelmed with Derrick Morgan DE Geo Tech.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Didn't really watch too many games unfortunately.

Jordan Shipley

Sergio Kindle

Dexter McCluster

Iowa's whole O-line
Nebraska's D-line

Noel Devine

Tyler Sheehan

Can't believe I'm about to say this. Tim Tebow!
Kyle Wilson of Boise and Rolando Mclain of Bama really impressed me.

Dan LeFevour of CM looked really good too.
I would LOVE to have Shipley as a 49er! Would be our Wes Welker!
I watched as many as I could and tried to focus on o lineman. I liked Mike Pouncey the guard from Florida, Bulaga of Iowa and of course Iupati.
Of other positions Dexter McCluster was awesome. I watched Jackson a couple of times play for Cal and was much more impressed with McCLuster.
Aaron Hernandez Florida TE.
Defensively Mclain, Chad Jones LSU and Raheim Alem LSU.
Last night I was impressed that Texas wouldn't punt to Javier Arenas after what I'd seem him do earlier in the year.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Buluga was solid in pass protection and he was a beast to run behind.

Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

i was really impressed by his hands--and his pass routes....he actually makes double moves and gets open----he made arenas look bad with a fake out then cut back in for the 1st score

shipley would probably improve niners 3rd down conversion %s
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

i was really impressed by his hands--and his pass routes....he actually makes double moves and gets open----he made arenas look bad with a fake out then cut back in for the 1st score

shipley would probably improve niners 3rd down conversion %s

I agree, his hands are exceptional and he has great route running ability, he is NFL ready NOW.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Both of the Pouncey brothers really impressed me. Major Wright is a stud--I think he has a real chance of being the first safety taken in next year's draft if he doesn't declare this year.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

Jordan Shipley

Sergio Kindle

Dexter McCluster

Iowa's whole O-line
Nebraska's D-line

Noel Devine

Tyler Sheehan

Sheehan gets love but you don't give any to Freddie Barnes ?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by krizay:

Jordan Shipley

Sergio Kindle

Dexter McCluster

Iowa's whole O-line
Nebraska's D-line

Noel Devine

Tyler Sheehan

Sheehan gets love but you don't give any to Freddie Barnes ?

I was going to give him props for the game he had but........ I just remember being impressed with Sheehan and where he was putting balls and what not.
Share 49ersWebzone