LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

QB prospects 2nd round and beyond

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Sean Canfield all day. I love everything i see outta him.

Me too!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Sean Canfield all day. I love everything i see outta him.

agree with your assessment Kolohe, yourself, and I really like the kid.

Canfield or Hiller?? Kind of confused, I posted about Hiller in this thread or my comments about Canfield in my mock??
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
If we're going to take a quarterback in the 2nd round we might as well take one in the 1st. If we're going to take one in the 3rd, 4th or 5th we might as well give Nate Davis a shot.

I agree. If we don't make a play for Clausen or Bradford (trade up) then we might as well stand pat and roll with Alex and see what Davis got.

Unless we trade for Kolb!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
If we're going to take a quarterback in the 2nd round we might as well take one in the 1st. If we're going to take one in the 3rd, 4th or 5th we might as well give Nate Davis a shot.

I agree. If we don't make a play for Clausen or Bradford (trade up) then we might as well stand pat and roll with Alex and see what Davis got.

Unless we trade for Kolb!

If we can get Kolb for a 2nd....
Barrows in his blog thinks Colt McCoy could fall to 2nd round. If he is there, do we pick him in 2nd round ?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Sean Canfield. in the 4th round and beyond.

Canfield, Hiller and LeFevour would be my choices, in that order.

who's this kid. what school does he rep.

Tim Hiller 6'5" 235 pounds Western Michigan

2009 stats: Games - 12 Att - 514 Com - 309 Pct. - 60.1 Passing yards - 3249 Avg. - 6.3 INT's - 13 TD's - 23

Name: Tim Hiller
College: Western Michigan Number: 3
Height: 6-4 Weight: 234
Position: QB Pos2:
Class/Draft Year: rSr/2010
40 Time: 4.98 40 Low: 4.86 40 High: 5.16
Projected Round: 7-FA Stock:
Rated number 12 out of 136 QB's

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=58108&draftyear=2010&genpos=QB
I too have read a few places that McCoy might drop to round 2. If he is there we completely have to take him. He has to much potential and we are cant be ceratin either Davis or Smith will ever be the answer. If he is gone I would take a serious look at Pike from Cincy.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
How about Snead? Previously projected a first rounder with all the physical skills/throws, now projected 4/5th round? That would be a reasonable risk.
I think if McCoy is still there in 2nd round, we should take him. Always need a plan B in place. I believe the organization sees this and will take a QB at some point in the draft on day 2
  • lions319
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
I think if McCoy is still there in 2nd round, we should take him. Always need a plan B in place. I believe the organization sees this and will take a QB at some point in the draft on day 2

agreed. mccoy in the 2nd. go oline with first 2 picks

Originally posted by lions319:

agreed. mccoy in the 2nd. go oline with first 2 picks

Yes, like some threads suggest, Tackle with 13 th pick and guard with 17th pick
  • lions319
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I too have read a few places that McCoy might drop to round 2. If he is there we completely have to take him. He has to much potential and we are cant be ceratin either Davis or Smith will ever be the answer. If he is gone I would take a serious look at Pike from Cincy.

kiper said that after the injury mccoy is more than likely to drop to end of round 2 or even the 3rd. im all for trading our 3rd to get back into the late 2nd and taking him then
Tim Tebow would be an interesting prospect in 2nd or 3rd too, if say McCoy gets taken before hand. I know he comes from the same system as Alex Smith but might have better all around skills.

[ Edited by Jamespowers on Jan 11, 2010 at 15:51:00 ]

We have a Plan B. You are after a Plan C. Just run through the needs in your mind. All of them. Then run through the depth of talent in this draft. Ok? Now, our second rounder may well be a 1st round-calibre player. Do you really want to spend that on a guy who likely won't even suit up?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Tim Tebow would be an interesting prospect in 2nd or 3rd too, if say McCoy gets taken before hand. I know he comes from the same system as Alex Smith but might have better all around skills.

Same system as Alex??? NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hope McCoy is available, but then again, we have Alex developing (since 05), Nate developing, and now Colt or any other rookie qb developing. That sucks.
Share 49ersWebzone