There are 224 users in the forums

Final Bowl Week Prospect Watch: (1/4 - 1/7)

Anyone watching the GMAC bowl? None of these guys at all have impressed me yet.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Lang not doing well

I am.

I actually like Sheffield of Troy. He's quicker, faster, stouter, and has a wider variety of moves than Brandon Lang. He's a scrappy guy, and although he may not play the rush all that well, he'd make a good rush end. Not sure if he's really what we're looking for here.

After Jason Pierre-Paul's declaration today -- I think the 49ers are a serious possibility for a landing spot for the guy if he can show he's athletic enough to drop into coverage at the combine.
As I said before, the best player on the Central Michigan team not named LeFevour is Antonio Brown -- I believe he has a very bright future and will be a special player. Brown with the 94 yard kickoff return for a TD to get CMU back in the game.

I expect them to lose, because Troy is simply better, and CMU couldn't get anywhere NEAR Levi Brown on the last drive. The guy could take time to untie and re-tie both shoes before anyone got close to him. Troy's OL was absolutely dominating them.

And a heck of a kick there by the sophomore kid with :30 left.

34-34 now, good game.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 7, 2010 at 06:04:40 ]
That was a great game, LeFevour impressed me on that final drive in the 4th quarter, never been a big fan of his but he seems very accurate passer
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
That was a great game, LeFevour impressed me on that final drive in the 4th quarter, never been a big fan of his but he seems very accurate passer

LeFevour has just been incredibly productive over the course of his career. Good, though not great arm, mobile, and accurate and that's what scouts love the most. He gives them a lot of tools to work with. You take a QB like this and develop him properly, he'll be a star.

I've always liked LeFevour, and this game (aside from the one mishap early) didn't do anything to change that for me.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

LeFevour has just been incredibly productive over the course of his career. Good, though not great arm, mobile, and accurate and that's what scouts love the most. He gives them a lot of tools to work with. You take a QB like this and develop him properly, he'll be a star.

I've always liked LeFevour, and this game (aside from the one mishap early) didn't do anything to change that for me.

If he doesn't have a great arm then its really really really good

He made one of the hardest throws you can make on the field look easy. On the run across the body to the opposite side of the field on a line he impressed me.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

If he doesn't have a great arm then its really really really good

He made one of the hardest throws you can make on the field look easy. On the run across the body to the opposite side of the field on a line he impressed me.

Both quarterbacks showed great poise. That was an excellent game.
Not a good decision by LeFevour there.

No sacks for Lang yet. But a tackle for loss. Lang, while he has decent size, as well as production, is not particularly quick in the field of play. He might struggle in the transition to linebacker because his lateral agility is not all that great, and his upper body strength is also questioned. If he can prove he can drop into coverage, he'll go higher, but he currently grades out as a 3rd rounder.

Lang is sluggish on the field. To me, he looks like a 4th rounder. Just no burst of speed required to be a top 100 pick.

I am.

I actually like Sheffield of Troy. He's quicker, faster, stouter, and has a wider variety of moves than Brandon Lang. He's a scrappy guy, and although he may not play the rush all that well, he'd make a good rush end. Not sure if he's really what we're looking for here.

After Jason Pierre-Paul's declaration today -- I think the 49ers are a serious possibility for a landing spot for the guy if he can show he's athletic enough to drop into coverage at the combine.

Agreed. JPP will be one of the more intriguing players in the draft, and could be the first DE/OLB off the board.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
JPP with our 2nd first?
That was a great game to watch.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I am.

Agreed. JPP will be one of the more intriguing players in the draft, and could be the first DE/OLB off the board.

Gotta love the amount of prospects that will be available in the teens for the Niners. Keep 'em coming! I will be watching tonight to see how Kindle does against top competition. With JPP declaring, it gives the Niners another solid option besides Kindle or Hughes with their second 1st round pick.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
If Chad Pennington can be a first round pick from a mid major school and he has a pretty weak arm and be pretty successful in the NFL, then i think LeFevour should be able to be drafted in the early rounds in the draft. The All-Star games and combine will be huge for him
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Not a good decision by LeFevour there.

No sacks for Lang yet. But a tackle for loss. Lang, while he has decent size, as well as production, is not particularly quick in the field of play. He might struggle in the transition to linebacker because his lateral agility is not all that great, and his upper body strength is also questioned. If he can prove he can drop into coverage, he'll go higher, but he currently grades out as a 3rd rounder.

Lang is sluggish on the field. To me, he looks like a 4th rounder. Just no burst of speed required to be a top 100 pick.

He could go in the 4th if he times as poorly as he looks, or gets washed out in the Senior Bowl (highly probable). That'll drop his grade for me. I still see him as a mid-late 3rd talent-wise overall at this point, but this can certainly change.
Share 49ersWebzone