LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Any 1 interested in Colt McCoy???

no, he is 6-0 at best
NO
  • lions319
  • Info N/A
if hes there in round 2 and is the highest rated player on the board i say give it a shot
Seriously if he's there in Rd 2 we would have to take a look at him. He's a great leader, accurate w/the ball, and by many considered the Drew Brees of this class. I think there is a boom or bust factor (as there is w/any QB--see Alex Smith) but I think it's safe to say our team isn't 'In Love' w/Alex. I think they are willing to give Alex as much of a chance as possible w/lots of talent around him.

If McCoy is there in the 2nd it would be hard to pass on a guy who might not NEED a ton of talent to be successful. I don't think he'll be there in Rd 2, but if he is the answer is yes because you owe it to the Franchise to possibly grab a FRANCHISE QB
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like McCoy more than Clausen.
Originally posted by 52isabeast:
Seriously if he's there in Rd 2 we would have to take a look at him. He's a great leader, accurate w/the ball, and by many considered the Drew Brees of this class. I think there is a boom or bust factor (as there is w/any QB--see Alex Smith) but I think it's safe to say our team isn't 'In Love' w/Alex. I think they are willing to give Alex as much of a chance as possible w/lots of talent around him.

If McCoy is there in the 2nd it would be hard to pass on a guy who might not NEED a ton of talent to be successful. I don't think he'll be there in Rd 2, but if he is the answer is yes because you owe it to the Franchise to possibly grab a FRANCHISE QB

You also owe it to the franchise to fill a number of other gaps. With OT, OG, S, KR high priorities, it is safe to say that there will be many other more valuable uses for our 2nd.
  • evil
  • Veteran
I think he'd get consideration if he was there when we go on the clock in the 2nd, but it'd be weighed vs any potential trade partners as teams might come calling. Doubt he'd slide that far though.

He may be had by a team trading into the bottom of round 1 (ie Washington, Buffalo or St.Louis should one of them pass on a QB in the 1st) or possibly the Seahawks with their 2nd 1st rounder.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 52isabeast:

You also owe it to the franchise to fill a number of other gaps. With OT, OG, S, KR high priorities, it is safe to say that there will be many other more valuable uses for our 2nd.

Good point, but I'd assume that we'd be using one of or both of our 1st RD picks on 2 of those and some help in FA. I would imagine one of these holes will be plugged with FA. Either S or OG (a few good guys available in FA) is my guess.
If OT and CB/KR is addressed in the 1st round then yeah, id like the 49ers to look at him in the 2nd
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fip24:
I'd take him in rd 2. Might be a bust, but might also be another Drew Brees

No, his face pisses me off.
Originally posted by fip24:
I'd take him in rd 2. Might be a bust, but might also be another Drew Brees

Yeah, cause Drew Brees has some serious wheels.
Share 49ersWebzone