LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 330 users in the forums

NEW MOCK 2.0 based on MD's Big Board

Originally posted by susweel:
McClueless would never draft Spiller.

i have that same feeling and will not be surprised if we passed him up TWICE

In the past, and given all of our other needs, I would've agreed with you. It's pretty clear now though that we need more speed and big-play ability on offense, not to mention the glaringly obvious need for a big-time kick/punt returner.

What I like about Spiller is that you can work him into the offense as a 3rd down/shotgun back or even put him in the slot on occasion (not to mention the impact he'll make on special teams). After Gore becomes a free agent in 2011, Spiller would be ready to take over as the full-time featured back.
Originally posted by GoFD74:

In the past, and given all of our other needs, I would've agreed with you. It's pretty clear now though that we need more speed and big-play ability on offense, not to mention the glaringly obvious need for a big-time kick/punt returner.

What I like about Spiller is that you can work him into the offense as a 3rd down/shotgun back or even put him in the slot on occasion (not to mention the impact he'll make on special teams). After Gore becomes a free agent in 2011, Spiller would be ready to take over as the full-time featured back.

Agree with this post. CJ Spiller, we better not pass if he is there. Lookk at what speed has done to us this year(Desean Jackson, Chris Johnson)! Would love the draft with Robert Johnson in the 3rd at safety.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

i have that same feeling and will not be surprised if we passed him up TWICE

Yah and draft a crappy Guard who cant play. haha
Originally posted by PTulini:
I'm all in on this mock draft! The only thhing I would change is maybe look at that Norwood kid from South Carolina (I believe?). He has good pass rush skills.

This is the kid I'm talking about... Eric Norwood

why does E. Norwood always remind me of T. Suggs of Balt. Ravens.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
I'm all in on this mock draft! The only thhing I would change is maybe look at that Norwood kid from South Carolina (I believe?). He has good pass rush skills.

why does E. Norwood always remind me of T. Suggs of Balt. Ravens.

He's got good size and speed. (6'1, 252 lbs.)

Not very chiselled is he. If I was him, I wouldn't pose like that with his flabby biceps.
Option #1 Great talent, but always am wary of supporting a multiple draft day trade scenario. Our line, pass rush, and return game would be MUCH improved.

Option #2 Works for me, too. Who do you think the Niners would select if they kept their 5th and 6th rounders?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

2011 is just sround the corner. Maybe taking a Rb now isn't too premature considering Fwankie has 2 years left on his contract.
Originally posted by mayo63:

2011 is just sround the corner. Maybe taking a Rb now isn't too premature considering Fwankie has 2 years left on his contract.

Spiller would be exciting as hell as a Niner and I think Gore's contract status makes it very possible.

Gore will resign for a decent amount but wont break the bank. I have a feeling he will want to finish his career here and stay with Sing.
Share 49ersWebzone