There are 229 users in the forums

OTC's Talent Tier Board

This could hugely shake up the draft: DE Pierre-Paul declares.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4802385
Bulaga added: http://www.latimes.com/sports/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-fbc-t25-iowa-bulaga,0,7427792.story
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
UCLA DE Brian Price declares:

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=4800054
Originally posted by okdkid:
UCLA DE Brian Price declares:

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=4800054

Way ahead of you, my friend. He was added on the 30th of Dec.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Brian Price has declared: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/12/ucla-football-brian-price-nfl-draft.html

List has been edited to add DT Price.

Love the way Price plays the game....to bad we won't be interested given he's more of a 4-3 DT.

Indeed. If he were miraculously available in the 2nd, which barring some horrific injury, he won't be, otherwise I'm certain we'd nab him to play 3-4 DE.
Thank OTC as always for the great job you do.

Question: Is it me or is there really that many 1st round talents this year than in year's past? It seems like we may not even have to trade up from our 49-50th position in the second. It seems as though more underclassmen will declare including red-shirt sophs pushing the talent down.

Record year for declarations?
Originally posted by ninertico:

Question: Is it me or is there really that many 1st round talents this year than in year's past? It seems like we may not even have to trade up from our 49-50th position in the second. It seems as though more underclassmen will declare including red-shirt sophs pushing the talent down.

The more the list grows, the more I see how good of a shape we're in to land a fantastic player in the 2nd as well as the 3rd rounds and beyond.

Now, granted there is still time for opinions to change with All-Star games still needing to take place as well as the combine. McCoy could drop to a second round grade for me with a bad game tonight.

My grades will most certainly move at least some for some players, but as it stands, there should be a 1st-round level player available to us in the 2nd and maybe even third round.

The more the list grows, the more I see how good of a shape we're in to land a fantastic player in the 2nd as well as the 3rd rounds and beyond.

Now, granted there is still time for opinions to change with All-Star games still needing to take place as well as the combine. McCoy could drop to a second round grade for me with a bad game tonight.

My grades will most certainly move at least some for some players, but as it stands, there should be a 1st-round level player available to us in the 2nd and maybe even third round.

That's what I thought and how exciting for us. What a rich draft!

Just a thought...do you think Cody is an option is available in the second to us as opposed to a S, RS, CB, or other? Seems like a ROT, Iupati and Mt. Cody draft solidifies our trenches, but I think secondary will be addressed in the second with RS skills, huh? Just seems more feasible and more options at secondary for a great player.

Thanks again.

Just a thought...do you think Cody is an option is available in the second to us as opposed to a S, RS, CB, or other? Seems like a ROT, Iupati and Mt. Cody draft solidifies our trenches, but I think secondary will be addressed in the second with RS skills, huh? Just seems more feasible and more options at secondary for a great player.

Thanks again.

Here's what I'm kind of thinking what'll go down.

1) We will take an OL in the first almost 100% guaranteed.
2) We'll look for a top safety replacement for Lewis above all else after that.
3) For the rest of the secondary, we'll sit pat and wait/hope for someone to fall (likely) and take a guy late, perhaps 5th-7th round who is a good corner with Return ability.
4) As far as Cody -- If we grade him high enough, sure he could be taken in the second, but see option 2. I think we'll look to upgrade Safety spot first. I do expect us to draft at least one DL in the middle-to-late rounds (You'll see my projected "Scottie pick" in my next mock.)

Thanks again.

3) For the rest of the secondary, we'll sit pat and wait/hope for someone to fall (likely) and take a guy late, perhaps 5th-7th round who is a good corner with Return ability.
4) As far as Cody -- If we grade him high enough, sure he could be taken in the second, but see option 2. I think we'll look to upgrade Safety spot first. I do expect us to draft at least one DL in the middle-to-late rounds (You'll see my projected "Scottie pick" in my next mock.)

It shakes my bones just to type this but....

If they think replacing Lewis is that high of a priority can you see Scotty taking Mays ! I could see the argument that Lewis doesn't generate a lot of turnovers and neither will Mays, but Mays would be a great in the box SS and with his athleticism would really help patrol the middle. OK, that's all I can type.
Originally posted by domesik:

Thanks again.

It shakes my bones just to type this but....

If they think replacing Lewis is that high of a priority can you see Scotty taking Mays ! I could see the argument that Lewis doesn't generate a lot of turnovers and neither will Mays, but Mays would be a great in the box SS and with his athleticism would really help patrol the middle. OK, that's all I can type.

Another one of my thoughts, exactly. I wondered if Mays would be considered at #16/17 since he also seems like a Lewis clone in the box with more athletisim, but very suspect coverage skills, not a centerfielder at all! Yet, we have Dashon for that right.

All hate aside folks, how does Mays fit in our D? Does he even fit? Then, is he worth it at #16/17?

Snead just declared OTC. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4805195

Thanks again.

Are you flirting with the idea of bumping Goldson to SS and looking for a new FS?
Originally posted by jreff22:

Thanks again.

Are you flirting with the idea of bumping Goldson to SS and looking for a new FS?

Earl Thomas come on down!

Thanks again.

Unless the right FS prospect is there, I do not want to move Goldson. I think from here he's only going to get better at FS and what we need is a SS complement to take over for M-Lew. Earl Thomas is an SS by the way, so if available, I'd be all for drafting him.

Oh by the way, Snead is added.. And hopefully not to anyone's shock, I give him a 3rd round grade.

He is not 1st round nor 2nd round material in my eyes.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

Thanks again.

Unless the right FS prospect is there, I do not want to move Goldson. I think from here he's only going to get better at FS and what we need is a SS complement to take over for M-Lew. Earl Thomas is an SS by the way, so if available, I'd be all for drafting him.

Oh by the way, Snead is added.. And hopefully not to anyone's shock, I give him a 3rd round grade.

He is not 1st round nor 2nd round material in my eyes.

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Dude is like...best QB everz man.
Share 49ersWebzone