LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

MadDog's Winter Solstice First Round Mock

Now that Anthony Davis has declared, I would like to use him with our first pick in the 1st round. I also wouldn't mind using our next selection on Iupati. Our line would be solid for years to come.

Staley - Iupati - Heitmann - Rachal - A. Davis
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I would be very happy with that draft. Two top players at biggest positions of need, especially Haden. Our team needs speed in the secondary and he is the best CB available, bar none.

I agree, we need speed at the cb position in this pass happy league. We should also look at trading for another 2nd round pick and taking arenas from Alabama. He can also return kicks. Our secondary would definitley improve.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Good job MD. I know ppl have posted similar picks for the niners, but always enjoy your input.

Quick question, if the Broncos do skip on McClain, what chances do we have on selecting him? I know it's not a need, but he could possibly be a younger and faster version of Spikes. With him in the middle, could let Willis move more freely, just like how Bart Scott did for Ray Lewis.

I just have a hard time seeing Denver letting him get past, especially with their developing defense, but do like the out-of-nowhere pick you have them for. Overall, if this is how it goes down for us, I wouldn't have a problem. I liked Haden since last year, and Williams will be a future highly touted RT.

that's what I've been thinking of lately. I personally would not mind Joe Hayden with 1A and the BLACK John McClain with 1B. "Yippee ki-yay, motherfcukers!"

Um, you do know his first name is Ronaldo right?

I think you maybe projecting a little bit on the McCain fantasy, but I'd love to pick up Haden and McClain to sure up our defense (if we can snag OL in FA).

Actually it's Rolando...

Damn the futbol fan in me! lol, good call

folks I'm a 'Bama fan I know his 1st name is Rolando. I just like saying Black John McClain.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, how long did that google search take? lol

The Black "John McCain"?

The Black "John McClane"?

I prefer just Rolando McClain
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't know guys, I think we're ok with Clements and Spencer for a couple more years. I think we need to go OLB or WR with that 2nd first rounder.
Originally posted by mayo63:
I don't know guys, I think we're ok with Clements and Spencer for a couple more years. I think we need to go OLB or WR with that 2nd first rounder.

How do we go with WR? We have Morgan, Crabtree, VD, Walker, Jones, and Hill for receiving threats, who at WR is worth it? Bryant? the same guy who got kicked out for doing stupid shyt? Can get great #2 WR/returner talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

OLB wouldn't be bad, but who's worth a top 15 pick? Morgan will get picked up early, but if we a trade down, then I'd be ok with a player like Hughes, Graham, Hardy, etc. Only guy I don't like is Kindle, don't see him as a 3-4 OLB.

Outside of Clements and spencer, we dont really have much. Brown will be a Nickel his whole career, and if either Spencer or Clements goes down, we dont have the depth. Most likely will resign Bly for a year, but need some youth and a future replacement for Clements, and Haden will be that.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

How do we go with WR? We have Morgan, Crabtree, VD, Walker, Jones, and Hill for receiving threats, who at WR is worth it? Bryant? the same guy who got kicked out for doing stupid shyt? Can get great #2 WR/returner talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

OLB wouldn't be bad, but who's worth a top 15 pick? Morgan will get picked up early, but if we a trade down, then I'd be ok with a player like Hughes, Graham, Hardy, etc. Only guy I don't like is Kindle, don't see him as a 3-4 OLB.

Outside of Clements and spencer, we dont really have much. Brown will be a Nickel his whole career, and if either Spencer or Clements goes down, we dont have the depth. Most likely will resign Bly for a year, but need some youth and a future replacement for Clements, and Haden will be that.

Bryant has something we lack at WR. Speed. Him and a new RT will make our offense deadly. We can get a corner in the 2nd or 3rd rounds to be replace Clements. We need playmakers on the team and Bryant would add to that. But, hey if Haden is the pick I can live with that too. He's a good player. I just think it's a little early.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Dec 22, 2009 at 3:52 PM ]

Bryant has something we lack at WR. Speed. Him and a new RT will make our offense deadly. We can get a corner in the 2nd or 3rd rounds to be replace Clements. We need playmakers on the team and Bryant would add to that. But, hey if Haden is the pick I can live with that too. He's a good player. I just think it's a little early.

Bryant can also play returner, but I feel the depth in the draft at WR is greater than at CB (not to mention it's one of our deeper positions). I prolly wouldn't be happy if we picked him up at first, but if he helps us win, I can get over it...

Bryant can also play returner, but I feel the depth in the draft at WR is greater than at CB (not to mention it's one of our deeper positions). I prolly wouldn't be happy if we picked him up at first, but if he helps us win, I can get over it...

Either we need a team that can stop people from scoring or we need to build a team that can score more points then 13 if we want to win. I'm down for DB
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Now that Anthony Davis has declared, I would like to use him with our first pick in the 1st round. I also wouldn't mind using our next selection on Iupati. Our line would be solid for years to come.

I think Niners fans across the world would weep for joy. That is a big, physical, athletic line. I'm just sure Scot would invest that money in the OL. He's kind of a penny pincher in his lineman philosophy (hence the problems we currently possess).

I am laying money down that the Niners will burn their first first rounder on either T. Williams or Davis. However, we need the Giants and Saints to step up and beat the Panthers the next two weeks. The Vikings were pathetic on Sunday night.

This

Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I think Niners fans across the world would weep for joy. That is a big, physical, athletic line. I'm just sure Scot would invest that money in the OL. He's kind of a penny pincher in his lineman philosophy (hence the problems we currently possess).

I am laying money down that the Niners will burn their first first rounder on either T. Williams or Davis. However, we need the Giants and Saints to step up and beat the Panthers the next two weeks. The Vikings were pathetic on Sunday night.

If Iupati ends up being considered as a tackle in the pros a la Branden Albert or Duane Brown, we would probably pass on him with our second first.

That line would indicate that we had a OL plan and we were picking for BPA and for need. It would do wonders for our offense and when gelled would clarify Smith's QB issues. If he can not do well behind an improved Oline then Smith is not ready for primetime and we need a new QB. If Smith plays better then we can blame the Oline as a growth issue for the overall offensive production.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

That line would indicate that we had a OL plan and we were picking for BPA and for need. It would do wonders for our offense and when gelled would clarify Smith's QB issues. If he can not do well behind an improved Oline then Smith is not ready for primetime and we need a new QB. If Smith plays better then we can blame the Oline as a growth issue for the overall offensive production.

That is officially my dream draft for the first round: Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati. I was huge in the CJ Spiller or Joe Haden bandwagon, but with the additions of Davis and Iupati, strong, physical, and quick on their feet o-linemen, Frank Gore and Coffee will have an easier time finding the holes to break a gain of good yardage. The second round and forward, we could focus on pass rushers, DBs, and and kick returners. Here's hoping that Brandon Graham falls to the 2nd.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

That is officially my dream draft for the first round: Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati. I was huge in the CJ Spiller or Joe Haden bandwagon, but with the additions of Davis and Iupati, strong, physical, and quick on their feet o-linemen, Frank Gore and Coffee will have an easier time finding the holes to break a gain of good yardage. The second round and forward, we could focus on pass rushers, DBs, and and kick returners. Here's hoping that Brandon Graham falls to the 2nd.

Agree. I really want CJ Spiller, but if we can't get him I want the o-line solidified!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, but to take a guard with a first round pick? Ughh...I don't know.
Share 49ersWebzone