LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Jimmy Clausen looks like that other Irish QB we had

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by English:
That other Irish qb? Oh you mean Rick Mirer?

• NP9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dunkwindex:
Charlie Weis has built an outstanding NFL QB prospect. After reviewing Clausen 2008 and 2009 video, I find that he reminds me more of Joe Montana than any QB in recent history. You watch the video and you will see the same guy play football. It does not mean that Jimmy will have the same success as Joe, particularly without Bill Walsh. But the skill sets are remarkably close.

http://gsn.gridironsource.com/_CHARLIE-WEIS-BUILDS-A-NFL-QUARTERBACK/video/853897/32256.html

You haven't seen Joe's clone untill yo watch his kid play. Now that is SCARY! Even my wife, who knows nothing about football, noticed how simular the two looked when I played back to back clips of the two. First an Oaks Christian (broken) play down by the goal-line, then a clip of Joe making the exact same improv in San Diego 21 or 22 years ago.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
I agree with original poster. I think Clausen does have a lot of Montana in him. Liek he said,without Walsh, that really isn't saying what a lot of you may think it is.

I hate ND, but if something happens to cause him to fall in the draft (like being accurately measured at 6'0") then he can be steal for somebody.

Can we please stop with the 6 foot measurements. If I recall a 6 ft. QB right now is the best QB in the league!!!

Why should I stop with the measurements? I think the dude has potential to be very good in the League....BUT I read recently that one of the biggest concerns will be his true height at the combine, so I was postulating that maybe it causes him to drop to us.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
I agree with original poster. I think Clausen does have a lot of Montana in him. Liek he said,without Walsh, that really isn't saying what a lot of you may think it is.

I hate ND, but if something happens to cause him to fall in the draft (like being accurately measured at 6'0") then he can be steal for somebody.

Can we please stop with the 6 foot measurements. If I recall a 6 ft. QB right now is the best QB in the league!!!

Peyton Manning's only 6 foot?

Sorry I was going by TD passes not yards. I'm pretty sure, well at least in my book, TD passes count a lot more than yards. JMO.

There's some truth to that. But neither yards nor TD's determines who the best QB is.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Peyton Manning's only 6 foot?

Sorry I was going by TD passes not yards. I'm pretty sure, well at least in my book, TD passes count a lot more than yards. JMO.

There's some truth to that. But neither yards nor TD's determines who the best QB is.

Then what does, certainly not, completion percentages, QB ratings or any other silly stat.
Share 49ersWebzone