LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

DraftCountdown/Scott Wright's first 2010 mock

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Right now I am not feeling these 2 picks. I'd rather build around the QB spot and let Hill fill in until Davis is ready. This way when he is we have a good situation around him unlike what we had for Alex Smith.

Some person had a 3 round mock draft over on their forum of Suh, Hardy, Sam Young and Boo Robinson.

I said perfect at the time but with Pashos and not sure if we take Suh and Boo because they would be both NTs and we have enough DE so we dont want to move suh there.

I'm frankly tired of the fill in qb. Sure its a risk, but when we had the star qbs in descending order of stardom Montana, Young, Garcia......we always had a chance to win. It's a qb driven league and you can't pass on one, because Nate Davis showed some stuff against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Now if Davis gets in there and plays lights out I might rethink my position, but certainly not now. If this scenario were to occur, we wouldn't be paying Snead to be a top 5 pick anyway. I think its a must we get a qb in the next draft unless somebody currently on our roster proves us otherwise.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
I doubt Snead will go before McCoy.

Why ?

If Bradford is out a few games his chances at the Heisman will be gone, which will elevate McCoy immensely. McCoy is going to put up big numbers this year and his stats alone will outshine Sneed. I would bet McCoy is gone by pick 5-12, Sneed probably right after that.

Heisman trophies mean absolutely nothing to the NFL.

That's why Jay Cutler is where he's at...and Matt Leinart is where he's at.

Snead compares closely to Cutler and should be the #2 qb drafted after Bradford. If we got Snead without having to trade up we should run that name up to the podium.

The second pick I'd pass on. I think that's too high for him but then again things change so much over the course of the year.
Originally posted by genus49:

Why ?

If Bradford is out a few games his chances at the Heisman will be gone, which will elevate McCoy immensely. McCoy is going to put up big numbers this year and his stats alone will outshine Sneed. I would bet McCoy is gone by pick 5-12, Sneed probably right after that.

Snead compares closely to Cutler and should be the #2 qb drafted after Bradford. If we got Snead without having to trade up we should run that name up to the podium.

The second pick I'd pass on. I think that's too high for him but then again things change so much over the course of the year.

I agree the Hesiman doesn't make you the best but McCoy already has a lot of buzz about him. Winning it will give him more attention and open more peoples eyes, he will be in the spot light all year. I just see him has the favorite now to be the first qb taken.
Originally posted by genus49:

Why ?

I agree the Hesiman doesn't make you the best but McCoy already has a lot of buzz about him. Winning it will give him more attention and open more peoples eyes, he will be in the spot light all year. I just see him has the favorite now to be the first qb taken.

There is absolutley no way that he is the first QB off the board.
Share 49ersWebzone