LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

If Curry and Willis were in the same draft..

The CJ and Crabtree thread actually had pretty interesting responses. Got me thinking about all the hype on Curry. Everything i heard abotu him reminded me of what people were saying about Willis...without that form-picture-perfect tackle highlight...but kinda even more highly regarded than Willis. After all Curry was drafted fourth overall.

So have at it. Who would go higher?
Curry seemed like he was more hyped coming out of college. But i would take Willis. ( I am glad Nolan didn't draft Carriker that would of been bad)
im ganna go Willis

Curry was hyped and probably the flashier pick

Willis had the better stats overall, combine numbers as well.

Cant believe willis got a 12 on his wonderlic
this one is kind of a toss up.I think Curry was more hyped then Willis, te question becomes would he have been that hyped if Willis was in this draft. Have to look at both of there last seasons and add that with combine numbers. It's hard to look at and discounting what you've seen from Willis in the pro's b/c this is based of their college careers.
Originally posted by lamontb:
this one is kind of a toss up.I think Curry was more hyped then Willis, te question becomes would he have been that hyped if Willis was in this draft. Have to look at both of there last seasons and add that with combine numbers. It's hard to look at and discounting what you've seen from Willis in the pro's b/c this is based of their college careers.

yeh i was thinkin Curry was flashier. he sounds a LOT like Willis did coming out. same words. sideline to sideline. extremely fast, great form. great intensity,great person off the field. except curry came out with quite a bit of Pass rush potential and Willis had a slight "injury bug" cloud around him.
curry. He's just a better prospect. He's bigger.
Most people will say Curry...Willis nothing amazing coming into the draft, everybody knew he will be at good LB, but I don't think anybody expected him to play like this.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Most people will say Curry...Willis nothing amazing coming into the draft, everybody knew he will be at good LB, but I don't think anybody expected him to play like this.

I actually remember people calling Willis the safest pick in the draft just like they said about Curry. its why so many comparisons stood out to me.
If they were in the same draft, curry would've been picked first because of his talent at the position he plays.. MLB's aren't flashy prospects

• DVDA
  • Veteran
Curry would have been rated higher and drafted higher because of his size, but he will never be as good as Willis.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
People hate on MLB's even if they're clearly the best defensive player in the draft.

Vernon Gholston over Jerod Mayo for example
Willis fills a position of need better than Curry does. I'd rather have a dominant MLB over a dominant weak/strong side linebacker.
I hate to play against Curry twice a year. He will be the stud Willis is to us. Curry would have been drafted ahead of Willis though, because not only is Curry bigger, but Willis had an injury history.
I hope Curry is a bust.
Share 49ersWebzone