LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

Crabtree, WR depth, and the what ifs!

Originally posted by dmatt:
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Draft Day- As it came closer and closer to the 10th pick i was pretty hyped about us picking up M. Crabtree, and i'm really pleased that we picked up a future playmaker for the 49ers.

Lately- I was thinking. What if with the 10th pick we had locked up Orakpo which went 11th. The talks of not having another dominant pass rusher would be sealed. I personally feel he will be the Defensive rookie of the year especially with Albert Haynesworth in the middle ( I also say that cause CURRY is on the Seahawks! gotta hate the Seahawks.)

Anyways with all that's said, I'm happy with Crabtree and the depth or maybe even the over depth we have at Wide out. but can anyone agree with me if we had picked up Orakpo?

I tried the english translation page, even that didn't work

ohhh so are you saying you're illiterate? why am i telling you this? you probably wouldn't understand what being illiterate means. english translation hahaha!
i liked both picks, but crabtree is more of a sure thing. Orakapo can be really good especially with haynesworth there but w/o him, i don't think so, he is too light but will be good on most teams whereas crabtree will excel on every team....let's hope. We took the best player in the draft and i am so happy. He will help our qb and whole offense look and be better
Originally posted by dmatt:
Draft Day- As it came closer and closer to the 10th pick i was pretty hyped about us picking up M. Crabtree, and i'm really pleased that we picked up a future playmaker for the 49ers.

Lately- I was thinking. What if with the 10th pick we had locked up Orakpo which went 11th. The talks of not having another dominant pass rusher would be sealed. I personally feel he will be the Defensive rookie of the year especially with Albert Haynesworth in the middle ( I also say that cause CURRY is on the Seahawks! gotta hate the Seahawks.)

Anyways with all that's said, I'm happy with Crabtree and the depth or maybe even the over depth we have at Wide out. but can anyone agree with me if we had picked up Orakpo?

I tried the english translation page, even that didn't work

ohhh so are you saying you're illiterate? why am i telling you this? you probably wouldn't understand what being illiterate means. english translation hahaha!

My son, Timothy Leary, my son

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_experience
All I will say is this. Bearing in mind both hindsight and the need to give rookies the time to develop, I would not have wanted to have been online that day had we not taken Crabtree.

I remember that day and the intensity as our pick approached with him still available. I don't know that I can imagine the reaction had any other name than his been called
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
All I know is we got the right guy at 10.

No better Value pick available at that spot than Crabtree. He was the #2 Overall rated player in the draft!!
[ Edited by fan49 on Jul 10, 2009 at 1:46 AM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran

No better Value pick available at that spot than Crabtree. He was the #2 Overall rated player in the draft!!

This quote thing is messin up big time. im qouting the whole rated #2 thing.

but wont quote it just leaves it written. mods..... look above. 2nd time it happened. maybe just my veiw. back to post

according to who? according to one sports group, a lot of people say he was the best. I do..... 9ner or not he outproduced just about evrybody in all positions. getting 1900 yards freshmen year is like getting 25 sacks for a de or olb. maybe 16 int. for a db. i know nums look scewed but really think about it. 1900 yards for a reciever is double great production. good recievers get 1000 yards. good db might get 8 picks, good de might get 8 sacks. double em up. so my question is who had better nums?
[ Edited by fan49 on Jul 10, 2009 at 1:51 AM ]
Originally posted by fan49:

but wont quote it just leaves it written. mods..... look above. 2nd time it happened. maybe just my veiw. back to post

according to who? according to one sports group, a lot of people say he was the best. I do..... 9ner or not he outproduced just about evrybody in all positions. getting 1900 yards freshmen year is like getting 25 sacks for a de or olb. maybe 16 int. for a db. i know nums look scewed but really think about it. 1900 yards for a reciever is double great production. good recievers get 1000 yards. good db might get 8 picks, good de might get 8 sacks. double em up. so my question is who had better nums?
Oh no ! Please excuse me for stating what the most important DRAFT EXPERT had to say about the guy. I forget that your 49erWebzone expertise far outweighs his credibility! ...besides, WHO CARES what the difference is between 1 and 2?
  • fan49
  • Veteran

Oh no ! Please excuse me for stating what the most important DRAFT EXPERT had to say about the guy. I forget that your 49erWebzone expertise far outweighs his credibility! ...besides, WHO CARES what the difference is between 1 and 2?
well i love that you noob are getting bent over me stating my opinion. and i also love that who ever you are quoting is really he must be the most important draft expert. cuz obviously the only 2 people that matter to the 9ners are sing and mcloughlin. not the most imp. draft expert. have a nice day noob.

ps. i have been waitin to say noob for a long time.

well i love that you noob are getting bent over me stating my opinion. and i also love that who ever you are quoting is really he must be the most important draft expert. cuz obviously the only 2 people that matter to the 9ners are sing and mcloughlin. not the most imp. draft expert. have a nice day noob.

?? I'll let you self-destruct...you are already at 55% warning. Who is the "noob" going to be after they kick you out and you create your new account??
Orakpo didn't even lead the big12 in sacks.

• fan49
  • Veteran

?? I'll let you self-destruct...you are already at 55% warning. Who is the "noob" going to be after they kick you out and you create your new account??

ban me for callin you a noob.......... your hilarious
Hey musing about the past is just as relevant a topic as musing about "winning the west". I do gotta say Orakpo im not too convinced about. seems like Gholston to me but i wouldnt be too surprised if he blew it up. If Raji had fallen to us though...i dont know that wouldve been tough to pass a true 3-4 NT over.

I do agree with everyone that someone THAT ultraproductive cant be just all system i mean 94% passes caught is insane in a spread system where its nothing but throwing the ball. if his routes arent sharp then JS can fix that. Long as he keeps his head straight and work ethic to the max he should be a pretty damn good reciever at the least
  • 49ersNorcal
  • Info N/A
For me, long term its Crabtree and Morgan. And the jury is still out on whether Jason Hill can play in this league or if Dominque Ziegler will be more than a practice squad guy for life.
Originally posted by 49ersNorcal:
For me, long term its Crabtree and Morgan. And the jury is still out on whether Jason Hill can play in this league or if Dominque Ziegler will be more than a practice squad guy for life.

In terms of the best player, we picked the right guy. If Raji was there I would have loved for us to take him. Otherwise Crabtree is the best pick. Now we just need to sign him and let him play. The guy gets open and scores TDs. As for Jason Hill, he would have amazing numbers if he were the third reciever in Zona or Indy. I think the guy can play, hes just not going to get the ball a lot with our offense and current quarterbacking.
IMO there were 5 elite players in this draft:

1) Aaron Curry
2) Matt Stafford
3) Michael Crabtree
4) Mark Sanchez
5) Jason Smith

The fact that we came away with one of these guys while picking in the 10 spot is amazing - and even with the contract issues, I still would not change a thing.[/indent]
Share 49ersWebzone