LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

Which UDFA acquisition are you most excited about?

Which UDFA acquisition are you most excited about?

Topic.

My vote goes to Kory Sheets because several zoners, including myself would have been happy to have him in the 4th-5th round as the back to compliment Gore. To get him as a UDFA is just sensational in my opinion.
Boone--a position of great need and a player with boom/bust potential. Let's hope for a boom.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Boone--a position of great need and a player with boom/bust potential. Let's hope for a boom.
I had a hard time deciding between Boone and Sheets. Sheets could be a nice speed back who could break one here and there, but Boone was projected to be a #1 RD pick before the beginning of last season and all his off the field issues; I think Boone could make a great RT or G if he straightens up.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Although i wouldn't use a word like excited about an UDFA. Intrigued would be better.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Kory Sheets - poor mans Chris Johnson, will definitely be that change of pace RB for the 49ers.
Sorry to be a pain, but for the 50% of people saying Sheets what is the scenario in which he's actually on the gameday roster? Unless Coffee totally falls on his face Sheets' best case scenario with us is that he makes our practice squad.

I'm more intrigued by Boone because on top of having potential there's also a chance of a roster spot for him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Sorry to be a pain, but for the 50% of people saying Sheets what is the scenario in which he's actually on the gameday roster? Unless Coffee totally falls on his face Sheets' best case scenario with us is that he makes our practice squad.

I'm more intrigued by Boone because on top of having potential there's also a chance of a roster spot for him.

Sheets has experience as a KR too, if he can win that job, then he would probably get 3-5 carries a game to throw defenses off balance with his speed. Speculation of course.
  • kj11aw
  • Info N/A
none....i dont really think any of them make the team
  • kj11aw
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Kory Sheets - poor mans Chris Johnson, will definitely be that change of pace RB for the 49ers.

very poor, homeless, and meth addict mans chris johnson....maybe

Originally posted by kj11aw:

But seriously, he seems to have the skill set and production to be that "change of pace" back we need from our thumpers. In addition, Coffee is just such a great pick because of his style of running. If Gore gets hurt, then Coffee and Sheets take the load without too much of a drop off, IMO.

We will just see how both Coffee and Sheets will do. But, I am like most here that think that Sheets was a God send in UDFA...the same with Boone!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Why do you say that??
  • kj11aw
  • Info N/A

Why do you say that??

chris johnson ran a 4.24, this kid ran in the high 4.4's which makes him more like a very poor man's felix jones
  • kj11aw
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ninertico:

But seriously, he seems to have the skill set and production to be that "change of pace" back we need from our thumpers. In addition, Coffee is just such a great pick because of his style of running. If Gore gets hurt, then Coffee and Sheets take the load without too much of a drop off, IMO.

We will just see how both Coffee and Sheets will do. But, I am like most here that think that Sheets was a God send in UDFA...the same with Boone!

sheets is a terrible pass blocker. he's coming from a spread offense. sure he might be able to provide a change of pace, but i dont see how he makes it to the gameday roster. right now we've got:

Gore
Coffee
Robinson
Norris

we're going to take 5 RB's on gameday? doubtful

and we've got rossum to return kicks, so maybe he makes the practice squad....
Originally posted by ninertico:

sheets is a terrible pass blocker. he's coming from a spread offense. sure he might be able to provide a change of pace, but i dont see how he makes it to the gameday roster. right now we've got:

Gore
Coffee
Robinson
Norris

we're going to take 5 RB's on gameday? doubtful

and we've got rossum to return kicks, so maybe he makes the practice squad....

exactly thats who our running backs will be
clayton will be gone and sheets will be on the practice squad
Share 49ersWebzone