There are 311 users in the forums

MBA 7 round 2023 Mock Draft Version 2.0 Pre Combine

With all the all star games over and the Super Bowl in the books, it's time for another 7 round mock draft. Think the Niners will need to rebuild the D line, get help in the secondary, and get some depth at the skill positions in the draft. Think they will use free agency to get a RT and a backup QB. Mock is based on the NFL Mock Draft Database as of 2-15-23.

99 Jaquelin Roy - athletic DT with prototypical size and good physical tools
DL | LSU

Grade A+

101. Kyu Blu Kelly - boundary CB who can play man coverage with good ball skills
CB | Stanford

A+

102. Sydney Brown - good athlete with instincts and ball skills
S | Illinois

A+

157. Owen Pappoe - experienced team leader with coverage ability, tremendous range and plus athletic ability
LB | Auburn

A+

166. Tyler Scott - explosive play maker with elite speed
WR | Cincinnati

A+

173. Roschon Johnson - bigger back with balance and vision; we always draft one.
RB | Texas

A

216. Thomas Incoom - sack artist with the build and strength to play in the NFL; good motor and second effort player
EDGE | Central Michigan

A+

224. Davis Allen - versatile player who can play H-Back, TE or slot receiver
TE | Clemson

A+

249. Jerrod Clark - ideal fit for a run-stuffing NT incredible combo of arm length and power
DL | Coastal Carolina

B+

255. Braeden Daniels - experience and versatility at multiple positions; great mobility and control
IOL | Utah

A+

Your thoughts................
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I like the players a lot. I do think getting another LB that early is a luxury given our pressing need for EDGE opposite of Bosa.
Like the first 3 picks especially, I think they take a LBer somewhere, not much Oline in your picks and I think they take a OT or C pretty early. We might get priced out of McG and Brendal
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Missing a tackle early. Other than that great picks
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Like the first 3 picks especially, I think they take a LBer somewhere, not much Oline in your picks and I think they take a OT or C pretty early. We might get priced out of McG and Brendal

Definitely didn't work out that way in this mock. Missed out on all the borderline blue chip/red chip C's and OT's. If Niners sign Ethan Pocic and Caleb McGary in free agency then we won't have to worry as much about the draft.
Those two guys are going to cost a lot of cap.
Share 49ersWebzone