LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

AdrianLesnar Final Mock - Dreaming of a Superbowl

Originally posted by Costanza:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Or, hopefully, they just really don't want people to know that they're actually taking fields

I just don't see the reason for smokescreening this hard given the top 2 picks are locked in. Stranger things have happened though.

Two things come to mind.

1. Jets aren't 100% sold on Wilson, and even if they were a month ago when we made the trade, nothing to say they can't change their mind and end up with our guy.

2. 49ers have had great luck with moving back 1 spot. I can't remember this being a strategy we see very often, and the niners have done it twice. If there is truth to the rumors of ATL liking Trey Lance, maybe they can get them to move up by suggesting they are leaning Lance over Mac, BUT not by so much that a third round pick couldn't sway their decision. There's always the possibility that ATL trades up, but then gets cold feet and decided trading back from three for solid compensation is worth it. Well, if teams want fields, are convinced ATL is taking Lance at 3 and the niners Mac at 4, now they just need to trade to 5 or 6 at most which would cost them significantly less.

Unlikely scenarios, but still enough reason to not disclose the pick.
Originally posted by Costanza:
Or, hopefully, they just really don't want people to know that they're actually taking fields

I just don't see the reason for smokescreening this hard given the top 2 picks are locked in. Stranger things have happened though.

Two things come to mind.

1. Jets aren't 100% sold on Wilson, and even if they were a month ago when we made the trade, nothing to say they can't change their mind and end up with our guy.

2. 49ers have had great luck with moving back 1 spot. I can't remember this being a strategy we see very often, and the niners have done it twice. If there is truth to the rumors of ATL liking Trey Lance, maybe they can get them to move up by suggesting they are leaning Lance over Mac, BUT not by so much that a third round pick couldn't sway their decision. There's always the possibility that ATL trades up, but then gets cold feet and decided trading back from three for solid compensation is worth it. Well, if teams want fields, are convinced ATL is taking Lance at 3 and the niners Mac at 4, now they just need to trade to 5 or 6 at most which would cost them significantly less.

Unlikely scenarios, but still enough reason to not disclose the pick.

2 reasons that make sense. I do find it odd that Fields was "eliminated" by the media for this selection. Maybe this was an intentional false leak by ShannyLynch? We'll find out tomorrow thankfully :)
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I honestly think we keep Jimmy for the yr. I'm not a Oweh guy...he's pretty damn raw for my liking at that pick.

Everyone else I love...good job.

End of the day I think we will come away with less picks than what we started with, I see some future picks and also think that's a reason we keep Jimmy 2022 draft picks.

Then gimme Asante Samuel Jr in place of Oweh and Malcolm Koonce in place of Keith Taylor
FL49er, I was right. Yay.
I am outraged. Asante Samuel still there at our pick, and we trade down 5 spots, for a fourth. Why? We signing 9 rookies to our squad? Then bam, he goes one pick before us. I'm even willing to bet he was our pick...our selection went down to the wire, probably scrambling. I like Aaron banks. Hell, he is on my draft wish list....but in the 4th round! He's hardly even a scheme fit!
alright, let's finish strong.

Trade Jeff Wilson for a 5th
5: Drew Dalman, C
5: Simi Fehoko, WR
5: James Wiggins, S
5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR
6: Alaric Jackson, IOL

2: Ahmad Gardner, CB
3: Myjai Sanders, ER
4: Boye Mafe, DE
5: Allie Green IV, CB
Share 49ersWebzone