There are 270 users in the forums

Draft trade idea

• eman
  • Veteran
I am totally on board with Mac Jones! I am also cool if we get Justin fields. But I really think like most analysts believe that Mac will be our choice.

I really don't believe the Falcons would go for Mac Jones because he has lower ceiling but higher upside as quick plug and play guy. If going QB, I think Falcons would do Justin Fields.

I can accept Cincinnati's 1st rd #5 and 3rd rd #69 and next years second rd for the #3 overall pick. Having 2 #2's next year will make next years draft easier pill to swallow!

now if we move back to 5, I see Cincinnati going either Sewell/ Chase / Pitts. Falcons can take Fields and we will be able to get Mac Jones at #5! That means less money to pay him for the next 4 years as well! In addition, we get #69 and next years #2 which can end up being a high 2nd rounder!

thoughts?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I can go for a trade down to #5 and take Jones there.
Why would Cincinnati trade up? They have multiple options of who to draft Sewell, Slater, Pitts or Chase and don't have any reason to move up. if were trading down it's going to be with a QB needy team and therefore we're not gonna risk it.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Why would Cincinnati trade up? They have multiple options of who to draft Sewell, Slater, Pitts or Chase and don't have any reason to move up. if were trading down it's going to be with a QB needy team and therefore we're not gonna risk it.

Exactly, they have needs at TE, OT, AND WR. They know the Niners will draft a QB so the worst that could happen is missing out one their top target and settling for #2. If the Niners wanted Jones they should have trade to #6.
I would rather take Fields at 3. But if we are taking Jones, I want to trade down as much as possible first.
Niners could trade all the way back to 12 and still get Jones. Nobody is trading up to grab Mac Jones. Except us ofcourse . At the very least they should try to trade down to 7 with the Lions.
I'm against anything that nets us Jones unless it's to reverse the trade and take him at 12.

But what happens isn't up to me...IF Jones is the pick then I'd certainly be able to stomach it easier if we managed to get more picks out of it somehow.

But personally I'd take Justin Fields and consider myself lucky to get him there.
Atlanta was looking to trade down though. One romour said it was Dallas looking to come up for Pitts. The other rumoured team was NE who would likely becoming up for Mac if we don't take him
  • thl408
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Yeah I don't see why CIN trades up from 5. With at least three QBs going before them, they have at worst the second best non-QB, and this is assuming ATL at 4 takes the first non-QB. CIN would have to really think they are fighting for the same player as ATL.
Niners didn't trade up just to trade back down. They did that to draft a QB. We just have to wait which QB will be the pick.

I run that trade in the simulator, it's great for the niners but not sure Cinci would do it. I only get 5 and 38 and they take Sewell or Pitts.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Niners didn't trade up just to trade back down. They did that to draft a QB. We just have to wait which QB will be the pick.

This.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
IT was obvious that the Jets did not want to trade w/the 49ers back when we were at the 12th spot, but I would not be surprise if New York wants Justin Fields
and they are just making a clown out of Shan Choker..

the last 7 minutes of the selection, the Jets will reach it to SF and tell us that YOU HAVE 2 MINUTES TO DECIDE IF YOU WANT ZACK.. WE SWAP SPOT BUT YOU NEED TO THROW IN DEEBO.
Originally posted by 9moon:
IT was obvious that the Jets did not want to trade w/the 49ers back when we were at the 12th spot, but I would not be surprise if New York wants Justin Fields
and they are just making a clown out of Shan Choker..

the last 7 minutes of the selection, the Jets will reach it to SF and tell us that YOU HAVE 2 MINUTES TO DECIDE IF YOU WANT ZACK.. WE SWAP SPOT BUT YOU NEED TO THROW IN DEEBO.

Cool story bro. Only the 100th trade u put deebo in that will never happen just like the rest of em
If Shanahan isn't sold on Fields but is certain ATL wants their hometown hero, AND Cincy and Miami were both desperate for the same player (I'd guess Pitts or Chase) it might generate some action. Picking up an extra day 2 pick or two would be a nice offset. If only it was as simple as the simulators.
Share 49ersWebzone