LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

A-Jeff's 2021 Mock Draft Room (1st mock on post 1, Final mock on post 12)

New mock with updated positional changes and rankings from PFN. No official free agency predictions. Just NFL draft trades.

*Zach Wilson falls to #8 overall. 49ers trade #12 and 2022 1st round pick to Carolina for #8*

#8: Zach Wilson, QB - BYU -- Obviously an unrealistic drop unless Wilson completely bombs interviews or does some stupid s**t off the field. For the sake of this mock simulator, his fall is 49ers gain. Carolina was able to use #12 for their QB of the future in Trey Lance.

#43: Ronnie Perkins, Edge - Oklahoma -- I predict the 49ers will at least consider bringing in a vet to play opposite Bosa (Kerrigan, maybe?). But Perkins could help them form a very aggressive, high motor edge duo.

*Traded #103 to LAC for #104, #211*

#104: Paulson Adebo, CB - Stanford -- Long, rangy corner that plays with a real high IQ, necessary for the type of zone schemes we run on defense.

*Traded #117 to LAC for #118, #206*

#118: Brady Christensen, OT - BYU: More likely a RT or OG in the pros, but could provide insurance for McG and potentially swing over to LT. And a familiar body for our new franchise QB.

*Traded #156, #238 to LAC for #160, #200*

#160: Drake Jackson, OC - Kentucky: Four year starter for Kentucky and fits our offensive scheme. Smaller offensive lineman but has very good feet.

#173: Deommodore Lenoir, CB - Oregon: A little of the opposite compared to Adebo as far as size as Lenoir is more of the compact and stocky corner, but plays the zone very well. He also shows more versatility in being able to play outside and in the slot.

#182: Jamin Davis, LB - Kentucky: Back to the Kentucky pool. Good development linebacker that has shown a lot of potential with a small sample size. I really like the sideline to sideline speed I've seen on some clips.

#196: Paris Ford, S -Pitt: Shocked that Ford fell this far. Could become a real leader for our secondary. Shows a lot of similar traits as Jimmie Ward. Aggressive and physical. Also, a zone scheme fit.

#200: Israel Mukuamu, CB/S - South Carolina: Lynch/Shanny love those South Carolina players. Mukuamu was considered the better prospect when compared to his teammate, Horn, but he's had some durability issues. Has good size and length, and could serve to be a versatile piece in the secondary.

#206: Wyatt Hubert, Edge - Kansas St: High motor, relentless, and showed some really good pass rush moves. Can never have enough edge players.

#211: Chris Rumph, Edge - Duke: What did I just say a pick prior? Can never have too much edge players. With Rumph, due to his smaller size, he's got good versatility to move all around the front 7.

#228: Ta'Quon Graham, DT - Texas: Powerful, developmental prospect.

It was not my intention to make all these trades, especially with LAC. They just happened to make the better offers as far as trading up to my pick

This mock was definitely defense heavy. I feel like we have some cornerstones with Fred, Bosa, and Kinlaw. Let's add more to it. More edge. More secondary help. Hoping the offense resigns Trent W and we can use some of our cap to maybe target someone like Curtis Samuel, or Kerrigan, or Desmond King. Obviously, if we do go for Kerrigan/King, we won't be looking to target this many DBs and Edge players, although, going based on player ranking/value, this is how my mock fell, and I'm not mad at that at all!

Thanks for reading.
Bro hard to keep going when you state how unrealistic your 1st pick is. He's not dropping to 8.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I LOVE alot of the players picked. Though most seem to be going a Lil earlier than you have them.

Wouldn't hate this
Nice work Jeff. If you switched Lance with Wilson that's more like it. The simulator should of known better.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Bro hard to keep going when you state how unrealistic your 1st pick is. He's not dropping to 8.

It was an "aww man" moment when the simulator fell the way it did. Fields actually went #2 overall.

Originally posted by krizay:
I LOVE alot of the players picked. Though most seem to be going a Lil earlier than you have them.

Wouldn't hate this

Obviously, having this many picks may be doubtful since Lynch has shown he's more willing to package picks to move up. One player I've been studying more of is Jamin Davis. The guy is an absolute freak.

Originally posted by elguapo:
Nice work Jeff. If you switched Lance with Wilson that's more like it. The simulator should of known better.

Lol, would love this draft but it's a huge pipe dream.
If you're going to dream, dream big. Just like you, would love to see Wilson in Red and Gold, but that seems unlikely. You also tripled up on EDGE and CB which seems excessive. Would like to see one each of those picks go to get the Niners a WR and a RB in this draft. So much talent in those positions this year. Like the Perkins, Christensen, Adebo, and Rumph picks the most. Solid mock.

I haven't watched Perkins at all, so I got nothing there. It's a crime if you leave this draft without taking a WR. I think SF has drafted a WR the last 18 yrs.

Like all the other picks. What did you use for a big board?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
If you're going to dream, dream big. Just like you, would love to see Wilson in Red and Gold, but that seems unlikely. You also tripled up on EDGE and CB which seems excessive. Would like to see one each of those picks go to get the Niners a WR and a RB in this draft. So much talent in those positions this year. Like the Perkins, Christensen, Adebo, and Rumph picks the most. Solid mock.

Forgot to mention that I purposely left off running back. I'd like to see the team bring in CJ Marable as an UDFA. I think he'd be a great fit for Bobby Turner.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

I haven't watched Perkins at all, so I got nothing there. It's a crime if you leave this draft without taking a WR. I think SF has drafted a WR the last 18 yrs.

Like all the other picks. What did you use for a big board?

I suggest watching Perkins. Always comes up during the games. High motor and ferocious.

I struck out on WR in this mock. Always selected a pick or two right before me. So I went with BPA and feel I got lucky with some potential talent on the defensive side of the ball.

I used the PFN draft simulator, but as far as rankings, I did a combo of PFN and TDN. Interesting how completely different their rankings are but it paints a good picture on how everyone sees things falling differently.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I find it hard to believe the 49ers will be able to trade into the top 10 without giving up 2021 picks in addition to the '22 1st.

Bump for the possibility of Wilson
Final Mock - 4/21/2021

3. Justin Fields, QB (Ohio St) - Epilepsy or not, it has been under control and hasn't stopped him from performing the past two seasons. Similar to Trey but just has the experience under the big lights.

*trade 43 to TENN for 53, 100. TENN takes Dillon Radunz*

53. Quinn Meinerz, IOL (Wisconsin-Whitewater) - One of the best IOL in the draft. Potential All Pro guard.

100. Dylan Moses, LB (Alabama) - Considered a better prospect than Reuben with no off field issues. Also shows tremendous versatility having played all linebackers roles at Bama.

102. Tommy Tremble, TE (Notre Dame) - Best blocking TE in the draft. Very physical. Also shows great skill with the ball. Reminds me of Delanie Walker.

*trade 117, 194 to PITT for 128, 140*

128. Keith Taylor, CB (Washington) - Long, rangy corner (6'2'') that isn't afraid to defend vs the run.

140. Benjamin St-Juste, CB (Minnesota) - Bigger corner than Taylor that could be the steal of the draft.

155. Jonathan Cooper, Edge (Ohio St) - Can't go wrong with another edge rusher from Ohio St.

172. Damar Hamlin, S (Pittsburgh) - Pittsburgh had two good safeties but I went with Hamlin who is more in control when delivering hits and was also a leader on the defense.

180. Simi Fehoko, WR (Stanford) - Big, physical WR with sub-4.5 speed and an endzone jumpball threat.

230. Wyatt Hubert, Edge (Kansas St) - Doubling down on edge rushers, but Hubert can rush all over the field. Also has a non-stop motor.

UDFA Targets

CJ Marable, RB (Coastal Carolina)
Trey Ragas, RB (Louisiana)
Jonathan Adams, WR (Arkansas St)
Alaric Jackson, OT (Iowa)
Nice! love the first two picks.

I'm not a Moses fan though...especially at pick 100. I'm also not the biggest Tremble guy either, I get the intrigue but I think we got 3 TEs that will make the roster already (wouldn't be upset though)... I would hope we would come away with a couple WRs from this class and not get the first one at pick 180. There's so many good prospects and I would hope we could land a legit slot guy as well.

Overall if we land Fields everything else is gravy Thanks for the mock.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 22, 2021 at 6:50 AM ]
I dig it, a lot.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Nice! love the first two picks.

I'm not a Moses fan though...especially at pick 100. I'm also not the biggest Tremble guy either, I get the intrigue but I think we got 3 TEs that will make the roster already (wouldn't be upset though)... I would hope we would come away with a couple WRs from this class and not get the first one at pick 180. There's so many good prospects and I would hope we could land a legit slot guy as well.

Overall if we land Fields everything else is gravy Thanks for the mock.

Totally get it. Technically, if Moses wasn't in this mock, it's basically a mock with no trades since all the players chosen were within range if using the TDN and PFN rankings. I actually wanted Adebo, but DET picked him right before me So Moses ended up being more of a value selection. Sideline to sideline that can also rush the passer. Regarding Tremble, I think he immediately moves behind Kittle in the depth chart. Just from his explosion alone on the field getting moved around to set big time blocks for Kittle/Deebo/Aiyuk would be fun to watch.

But we're just a week away
Share 49ersWebzone