LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

pre-senior bowl mock

Way too early mock of the off season...I've just started doing some watching/reading of prospects and I expect this to change a ton.
Nice!!!
Move off Jimmy G (trade to INY/CHI/NE) for a 3rd.

Cut Ford/Richburg/Nze/Benji

resign: TW, Verrett, Juice, Bourne (Mosely/Harris tender) and Reed.

Trade 2nd in 2021, 2nd in 2022 for Stafford.

FA

Center-Austin Reiter
EDGE: (would love Lawson but will probably be too much) so Kerrigan

Draft:

1st Rashawn Slater OL-plug and play wherever day 1. Most likely starts at RG but could be pushed to either OT spots in the future.

2nd-Stafford trade

3rd- Ifeatu Melifonwlu- CB zone scheme long CB that moves like Spoon but can actually tackle.

3rd (jimmy trade)-Patrick Jones II EDGE- Ideal fit for out scheme and is pretty polished. This might require giving up a 5th but he becomes part of the rotation right away.

4th- Richard LeCounte S- can be used all over the place he's very similar to Ward.

5th- Sage Surratt WR big monster slot WR that can block and get YAC. Kinda what Hurd was suppose to be.

5th-Drake Jackson IOL-zone fit center who can possibly be a swing IOL

5th- Keith Taylor CB (slot) good fit and can hit. pure slot guy.

I haven't seen enough to be able to go past the 5th...these are just some guys I think fit the team and should be available at these picks.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 22, 2021 at 1:17 PM ]
Nice work. Like the move for Stafford, the free agent signings and giving Jimmy G a chance to land a starting job with another team.

In regards to the draft, love all the picks except two. Doubt Jones will be there in the 3rd, but apparently his bookend teammate Rashad Weaver will be. He is a little bigger than Jones and a better run defender while still being an effective pass rusher. Seriously doubt that Jackson will be there in the fifth round and as far as I know, he is a Center only prospect. With Garland back and your FA signing, I would like someone like Alaric Jackson OG/OT from Iowa in that spot.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Nice work. Like the move for Stafford, the free agent signings and giving Jimmy G a chance to land a starting job with another team.

In regards to the draft, love all the picks except two. Doubt Jones will be there in the 3rd, but apparently his bookend teammate Rashad Weaver will be. He is a little bigger than Jones and a better run defender while still being an effective pass rusher. Seriously doubt that Jackson will be there in the fifth round and as far as I know, he is a Center only prospect. With Garland back and your FA signing, I would like someone like Alaric Jackson OG/OT from Iowa in that spot.

Yeah I think Jones would require a small move up, which I'm down for.

Not sure about Jackson, I was going off cbs draft board. I do like the Alaric idea though.

This was a quick and dirty mock. So not a s**t ton of thought behind it. Thanks
I would love Kerrigan but I feel he will be a little more expensive than Hyder (maybe 10 mil a year vs 8 mil a year) and we could use that extra few million to resign a player like Juice. Juice may be 4-5 mil a year but every million counts this year.

Like the Stafford trade
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Wow! We have slot of te same players. I'm on the verge of finalizing mine. Don't think Jones last til the 3rd especially into the comp portions of the 3rd.

But wouldn't be mad at this
Originally posted by elguapo:
I would love Kerrigan but I feel he will be a little more expensive than Hyder (maybe 10 mil a year vs 8 mil a year) and we could use that extra few million to resign a player like Juice. Juice may be 4-5 mil a year but every million counts this year.

Like the Stafford trade

I don't think Kerrigan gets that much...he's not even in the PFF top 100 free agents this yr. he's coming off 2 back to back 5 sack seasons. I'm not sure teams are gonna over pay for a FB during this cap strapped off season. Possibly the Jets, but they need a whole hell of a lot more than a FB. He also wasn't very good this yr.
Originally posted by krizay:
Wow! We have slot of te same players. I'm on the verge of finalizing mine. Don't think Jones last til the 3rd especially into the comp portions of the 3rd.

But wouldn't be mad at this

Lol we agree?

No I don't think Jones last until the comp pick, I think tossing one of those 5th might push us up enough though.

This was a quick mock throwing a couple names out that kinda makes sense for us.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Lol we agree?

No I don't think Jones last until the comp pick, I think tossing one of those 5th might push us up enough though.

This was a quick mock throwing a couple names out that kinda makes sense for us.

Yea i'm stealing this Stafford trade. actually stole your JG trade too
[ Edited by krizay on Jan 22, 2021 at 7:47 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Lol we agree?

Yea i'm stealing this Stafford trade. actually stole your JG trade too

Sounds good
Who is Benji?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Who is Benji?

Travis Benjamin
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Who is Benji?

Travis Benjamin

Oh yeah that guy.
Share 49ersWebzone