LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

NYNiner85 2020 mock 2.0

Okay a lot has happened since my first mock.
Looks like we created more holes and didn't really add solid pieces via FA.

*trades*
-Goodwin to the Dolphins for pick #173
-SF #31 & #176 to Browns for #41 & #74

13- Jerry Juedy WR Alabama-I won't be shocked if he's the 3rd WR off the board. He's basically everything Kyle wants in a WR. Separation for days/stupid releases off the LOS. His feet are amazing. Another Jerry wearing Red & Gold at WR

41-Justin Madubuike DT Texas A&M-This kid has some violent hands. He's not a massive man and his length isn't amazing. He's perfect for our one gapping get up field and f**k s**t up scheme

74-Bryce Hall CB Virgina- Wanted to go IOL here, but nothing there value wise. I feel like this is another spot to move down and they could still get Hall. We all know he's an ideal candidate for our cover 3 scheme. In 2018 he lead the nation in PBUs. Injuries and a lack of playing in press will drop him. He's a A+ locker room guy who brings leadership. Total lynch guy.

156-Jack Driscoll OT/OG Auburn- 4 yr starter with great hands. His lack of length probably pushes him inside and mostly to a ZB team. He's got good movement skills and plays with good leverage (PB grade was 86 per PFF). He will need to get stronger. Honestly at this pt, I think the plan is to go with Brunskill at RG. Not a fan, but I'm not the HC lol.

tweet https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/989345775816790016?s=21]

173-Trevis Gipson EDGE Tulsa-He's got length and bend to play in the W9. He's a developmental prospect and hopefully Ford/Bosa can help him there. added depth.

217-Reggie Robinson CB Tulsa- Back to back Tulsa? lol just realized that....anyway I'd be lying to you if I said I've watch a ton of his tape. He fits the athletic profile and put up great measurables. That's what you're looking for this late in the draft.

245-Quez Watkins WR South Miss- He's basically Travis Benjamin 2.0 pure deep speed WR and not a bunch else. He will battle for a roster spot and give us more speed with Goodwin gone.

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 30, 2020 at 1:17 PM ]
I'll add I understand that people want to just push Joe out the door BUT he just resigned with us (this past season) he's here thru 2021. IMO he was playing just as good as ever when healthy. Unless his play falls off a cliff I don't expect him to retire end of the yr.
To me the 1st 3 picks are a perfect, not familiar with th OL out of Auburn, Gipson is a nice Developmental prospect like you said, Robinson really intrigues me, I've seen him mocked to the niners a lot, definitely want to watch and read more about him, and no clue about Watkins, If this really was the niners draft I'd be very satisfied, agree with Staley, I'm more worried about the interior, but I think Brunskill will be starting and hopefully erase the need next year, Good job and thanks !
Originally posted by jersey49er:
To me the 1st 3 picks are a perfect, not familiar with th OL out of Auburn, Gipson is a nice Developmental prospect like you said, Robinson really intrigues me, I've seen him mocked to the niners a lot, definitely want to watch and read more about him, and no clue about Watkins, If this really was the niners draft I'd be very satisfied, agree with Staley, I'm more worried about the interior, but I think Brunskill will be starting and hopefully erase the need next year, Good job and thanks !

Thanks man.

After Buck got moved I started looking at DTs more and I'm really liking Madubuike in this scheme.

Driscoll has played against some good competition for 4 yrs. I feel like SF likes to go for experience at OL. You know what's funny...I just saw his NFL draft profile and his player comp is Brunskill lol.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Thanks man.

After Buck got moved I started looking at DTs more and I'm really liking Madubuike in this scheme.

Driscoll has played against some good competition for 4 yrs. I feel like SF likes to go for experience at OL. You know what's funny...I just saw his NFL draft profile and his player comp is Brunskill lol.

That is funny, yeah Madubuike has been a beast for A&M, could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere he has some red flags, was he in trouble that you know of ? My sleeper DT is Larell Murchinson out of NC State, not really mentioned much, and I've read the Khalil Davis out of Nebraska would be a nice fit as well.

Found what I read on Madubuike, it's off Walter football, not sure how reliable, wasn't in trouble..

Madubuike could have some makeup concerns over football character and work ethic that cause him to slide in the 2020 NFL Draft. As a result, team sources say Madubuike could go as high as late in the first round or slide well into Day 2. If Madubuike did not have those makeup concerns, he would probably go on Thursday night due to his first-round skill set.
[ Edited by jersey49er on Mar 30, 2020 at 4:39 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I like it a lot NY! A lot of good players there. My one slight little change i would make is maybe going for a Safety prospect in round 7 as opposed to another CB or WR. I think someone to challenge and maybe take Marcel Harris' spot would be ideal. I think as this moment we would have enough CB's when you factor in Hall and Tim Harris back from injury along with all of our other guys.
I'd be very happy with this.

I want our OL to stop sucking in pass pro bad but if we don't draft OL at 13 I feel like it's gonna be a mid round guy we have to hope works out inside.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I like it a lot NY! A lot of good players there. My one slight little change i would make is maybe going for a Safety prospect in round 7 as opposed to another CB or WR. I think someone to challenge and maybe take Marcel Harris' spot would be ideal. I think as this moment we would have enough CB's when you factor in Hall and Tim Harris back from injury along with all of our other guys.

That's fair, throw in Geno Stone out of Iowa...kid has crazy instincts. He's always around the ball.

One reason I'm bringing in a couple CBs is because every starter at CB is a FA after this yr

Thanks for the comments!
That is funny, yeah Madubuike has been a beast for A&M, could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere he has some red flags, was he in trouble that you know of ? My sleeper DT is Larell Murchinson out of NC State, not really mentioned much, and I've read the Khalil Davis out of Nebraska would be a nice fit as well.

Found what I read on Madubuike, it's off Walter football, not sure how reliable, wasn't in trouble..

Madubuike could have some makeup concerns over football character and work ethic that cause him to slide in the 2020 NFL Draft. As a result, team sources say Madubuike could go as high as late in the first round or slide well into Day 2. If Madubuike did not have those makeup concerns, he would probably go on Thursday night due to his first-round skill set.

Yeah that's all news to me...didn't see any red flags on TDN or NFL draft profile? Hmmm
Originally posted by genus49:
I'd be very happy with this.

I want our OL to stop sucking in pass pro bad but if we don't draft OL at 13 I feel like it's gonna be a mid round guy we have to hope works out inside.

Yeah I was hoping for a FA at IOL, and actual starter. I honestly think it's gonna be Brunskill at RG.

I wish there was more info on Netane Muti. He could be a day 3 pick stash with a ton of upside if Brunskill doesn't work

Yeah that's all news to me...didn't see any red flags on TDN or NFL draft profile? Hmmm

Yup, I was shocked reading it bc he plays like his heads on fire on the field, like I said I'm unsure how reliable Walters football is.
Looks good, getting those additional picks in 2nd,3rd and 4th round is going to be important. I think 2nd and 3rd will be some combo of CB and 3DT. You're right on OL, it's looks really top heavy. After the big guys go, then Ruiz maybe late 1st, there doesn't seem to be a huge dropoff from Cleveland, Driscoll, or Durant.
As far as Muti goes, I do like him. I've also seen him all over the map as where he is drafted. I'm sure you saw this, but in case you didn't.
https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2020/1/9/21058643/draft-hunt-fresno-state-ol-netane-muti-raiders

Good job on the mock.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Mar 30, 2020 at 7:04 PM ]

I read somewhere that the kid Robinson can play S too, from his highlights I think so..

That's fair, throw in Geno Stone out of Iowa...kid has crazy instincts. He's always around the ball.

One reason I'm bringing in a couple CBs is because every starter at CB is a FA after this yr

Thanks for the comments!

Yeah I think throwing a bunch of picks into corners later in the draft and hoping we find something there is something I think happens. Give them the "oh lookie it's IR time" treatment. Honestly I don't know how teams get away with that. Would be nice if it worked out with Harris. Similar to how it did with Moseley.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Wouldn't mind 1st 2 picks but Bryce Hall doesn't do it for me. Waaay too grabby IMO and looks decent while pressing but offers nothing when i watch him in off coverage.
Share 49ersWebzone