LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

NYNiner85 2020 mock 2.0

I like the players you're targeting a lot but I don't see the Browns making that trade. Our 176th pick is worth almost nothing (~20 points).

SF: 619.8
31: 600
176: 19.8

CLE: 710
41: 490
74: 220

Pick 31 for 41 and 97 is more reasonable and still favors the 49ers slightly but Hall won't be there by then. CBS has Hall ranked 40th overall and Madubuike ranked 71st.

If we trade 31 to Baltimore for 55 and 60 (580 points), we may have a shot at getting both of them. Hall was projected to go in the first round before his ankle injury so it will be interesting to see how far he falls.
Originally posted by krizay:
Wouldn't mind 1st 2 picks but Bryce Hall doesn't do it for me. Waaay too grabby IMO and looks decent while pressing but offers nothing when i watch him in off coverage.

Im also not in love with him (said I think they could move down at that pick and still get him). He's a good zone CB and fits what SF runs.

Thanks for the comments
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
I like the players you're targeting a lot but I don't see the Browns making that trade. Our 176th pick is worth almost nothing (~20 points).

Pick 31 for 41 and 97 is more reasonable and still favors the 49ers slightly but Hall won't be there by then. CBS has Hall ranked 40th overall and Madubuike ranked 71st.

If we trade 31 to Baltimore for 55 and 60 (580 points), we may have a shot at getting both of them. Hall was projected to go in the first round before his ankle injury so it will be interesting to see how far he falls.

I used TDN mock draft machine and I used their prospect rankings. I don't look at CBS' big board anymore. They've lost some good draft analysts.

People gotta realize the value of a 1st rd pick and having that 5th yr option. Also I think we can throw the draft value chart in the trash at this pt (I get it as a guideline). Just the other yr the Jets moved from 6 to 3 and gave up 3 2nd rd picks. If you look at that it's not even close even regarding the draft value chart.

When making mocks we should kinda be sensible with fair trades and overall this was (and it went through on the draft machine). The Browns have multiple 3rd rd picks and could very well want a S/OL/EDGE on that 5 yr deal.

Thanks for the feedback though
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 31, 2020 at 6:53 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Last year 31 and a 6th got 45 and 76. His trade isnt far off of a real life trade that happened last year.
Last year 31 and a 6th got 45 and 76. His trade isnt far off of a real life trade that happened last year.

There was a lopsided trade last year so we should assume an even more lopsided trade happens this year. The odds of any of the trades we predict happening are pretty low, but creating trades where the 49ers come out way ahead makes them even more far fetched.

The 5th round option is nice to have but doesn't have a ton of value. It's declined more often than not for late first round picks so it adds nothing in most cases. Most late first round picks aren't good enough to justify paying them the amount of the 5th year option.

Even when it's accepted, it doesn't offer much cap relief (you have to pay the average of the 3rd through 25th highest salaries at the position) unless a player is an all-pro which is unlikely picking at 31.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
There was a lopsided trade last year so we should assume an even more lopsided trade happens this year. The odds of any of the trades we predict happening are pretty low, but creating trades where the 49ers come out way ahead makes them even more far fetched.

The 5th round option is nice to have but doesn't have a ton of value. It's declined more often than not for late first round picks so it adds nothing in most cases. Most late first round picks aren't good enough to justify paying them the amount of the 5th year option.

Even when it's accepted, it doesn't offer much cap relief (you have to pay the average of the 3rd through 25th highest salaries at the position) unless a player is an all-pro which is unlikely picking at 31.

2019. 31 and 203 for 45 and 79

2018 41 for 57 and 89

2016 and 17 a few 2nd and 5ths for 2nd and 3rds
2019. 31 and 203 for 45 and 79

2018 41 for 57 and 89

2016 and 17 a few 2nd and 5ths for 2nd and 3rds

Trade NY is proposing: 31 and 176 (620) for 41 and 74 (710)

2019: 31 and 203 (609) for 45 and 79 (645). Nowhere near as lopsided.

2018: 41 (490) for 57 and 89 (475). Not only is that not lopsided, it actually favors the team trading up.

2018: 41 (490) for 57 and 89 (475). Not only is that not lopsided, it actually favors the team trading up.

Dude again stop using a draft value chart as the end all be all...if you look at trades more often then not they don't even use it anymore.

Where was that chart when the jets moved up from 6-3? They gave up 3 2nd rd picks to move up 3 spots?

I mean SF lost in that Pettis trade then...they gave up 59/74 to move up to 44 and get 142. Draft value chart is 530 to 495 in favor of Washington (that's the value of another 4th rd pick). How about the Foster trade?

If a team values a player enough at the end of the 1st and wants that 5th yr option PLUS has a s**t ton of picks. I don't see the problem. It worked in TDN mock machine which is actually pretty tough to get trades accepted.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Dude again stop using a draft value chart as the end all be all...if you look at trades more often then not they don't even use it anymore.

Where was that chart when the jets moved up from 6-3? They gave up 3 2nd rd picks to move up 3 spots?

I mean SF lost in that Pettis trade then...they gave up 59/74 to move up to 44 and get 142. Draft value chart is 530 to 495 in favor of Washington (that's the value of another 4th rd pick). How about the Foster trade?

If a team values a player enough at the end of the 1st and wants that 5th yr option PLUS has a s**t ton of picks. I don't see the problem. It worked in TDN mock machine which is actually pretty tough to get trades accepted.

530 to 495 is nothing. The Foster trade was 632 to 600. Trades like that happen all the time. 620 to 710 is far less common.

Teams don't follow the draft value chart exactly, but throwing it out completely when making mocks results in unrealistic trades, especially when you get beyond the top 5-10 picks. Trades like the Jets trade happen when teams are trading up for franchise QBs.
we should kinda be sensible with fair trades and overall this was (and it went through on the draft machine). The Browns have multiple 3rd rd picks and could very well want a S/OL/EDGE on that 5 yr deal.

You said the edges were trash this yr tho. Mayb naming a player or 2 they might move up for would help.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by random49er:
we should kinda be sensible with fair trades and overall this was (and it went through on the draft machine). The Browns have multiple 3rd rd picks and could very well want a S/OL/EDGE on that 5 yr deal.

You said the edges were trash this yr tho. Mayb naming a player or 2 they might move up for would help.

Any ideas?

Yetur Gross-Matos, AJ Epenesa, Terrell Lewis, even guys like Curtis Weaver and Jon Greenard teams might love but I agree the Edges aren't great so that might mean teams will take them a lot earlier then they should be taken.
p. s. fellas.... legit charts that have been adjusted are EXTREMELY valuable...and are very much so used. just not in the way you want them to be.

The charts are only meant to use as BASELINES. References...not rule books.

If I'm giving up 750 points in value for 600 .. that's kinda lopsided, baseline-wise. So dont make the trade? Lol no.

Be sure that the actual, physical player there for the take when you trade is worth more than 750. No matter how we spin these trades... it all comes back to who's there for the take and how both sides (might) view them as a fit.

Beyond that kinda thought included, we might as well do straight up selections. We arent dying for a bunch of rooks that might not deserve a spot on the team anyway.

Meanwhile, teams like the Dolphins and the like have full-scale rebuilds on their hamds... from top to bottom.

JMO.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
85,,,, there seems to be a theory in some circles that we could or would or are pondering trading our number 13 pick.. thoughts? do you think we could get a nice haul and still get a great wide out and good d tackle
Nice job bro! Love it!

There was a lopsided trade this year as well DeAndre Hopkins for a broken-down RB and a 2nd rounder. Happens often, more so with some franchises.
Share 49ersWebzone