SS- Dexter McCoil
NT- DJ Jones
DT- Kendal Vickers
DE- Jimmy Gilbert[b]

Cuts:

OG- Zane Beadles
RB- Joe Williams
Interesting, thought-provoking.

What little I've read or seen about McGlinchey indicates that he's the best Tackle available this year--just not sure he meets KS's standards/fits the scheme any better than Brown does. and Brown already knows the system somewhat.

Also not sure Philly would give up their #1 and MLB Kendricks for Brown and a 2nd.

Would love to get Gesicki tho.

Good mock overall, tho--nice to see some outside the box thinking for a change.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Interesting, thought-provoking.

What little I've read or seen about McGlinchey indicates that he's the best Tackle available this year--just not sure he meets KS's standards/fits the scheme any better than Brown does. and Brown already knows the system somewhat.

Also not sure Philly would give up their #1 and MLB Kendricks for Brown and a 2nd.

Would love to get Gesicki tho.

Good mock overall, tho--nice to see some outside the box thinking for a change.

Thanks for the input 👍
Originally posted by English:
No. Good grief, starting a rookie tackle, and one who is not considered a high 1st rounder? Tight End with a 1st rounder? Edge?

With Staley coming to the end of his career, posters here seem to have hit on a brilliant idea. Lets get rid of Brown. Lets see if we can get our new quarterback killed.
Again with the gross overstatement and hyperbolic exaggeration of a perfectly innocent SUGGESTION about a "different" way to address the team's needs and weaknesses in a mock draft. and you accuse him of trying to get JG killed??? wtf???

I thought mods are supposed to encourage free and open discussions, not bully posters with whom they happen to disagree. And when he responds to your ill-conceived, overstated criticism with an analytical post of explanation--you tell him to "chill?"

again,

Mods have the same rights to post and have opinions as other posters. I dont see how other people's opinions are innocent suggestions and yet mine are ill conceived, overstated criticisms. As for the accusation of bullying, this is pure nonsense. There was no threat of mod action in my posts as was quite clear. Whilst I disagreed with him I left off after one rejoinder. Hard to understand how I can disagree without attracting this sort of reaction.
Though this isn't what I'm hoping for, I could deal with it. It's definitely different. Interesting work, nice job man
no thanks
No. Good grief, starting a rookie tackle, and one who is not considered a high 1st rounder? Tight End with a 1st rounder? Edge?

With Staley coming to the end of his career, posters here seem to have hit on a brilliant idea. Lets get rid of Brown. Lets see if we can get our new quarterback killed.
Again with the gross overstatement and hyperbolic exaggeration of a perfectly innocent SUGGESTION about a "different" way to address the team's needs and weaknesses in a mock draft. and you accuse him of trying to get JG killed??? wtf???

I thought mods are supposed to encourage free and open discussions, not bully posters with whom they happen to disagree. And when he responds to your ill-conceived, overstated criticism with an analytical post of explanation--you tell him to "chill?"

again,

Mods have the same rights to post and have opinions as other posters. I dont see how other people's opinions are innocent suggestions and yet mine are ill conceived, overstated criticisms. As for the accusation of bullying, this is pure nonsense. There was no threat of mod action in my posts as was quite clear. Whilst I disagreed with him I left off after one rejoinder. Hard to understand how I can disagree without attracting this sort of reaction.
You honestly don't see how mockingly describing the suggestion of trading Brown and drafting a tackle as "Brilliant" and a way to "get our new quarterback killed" is overstatement?

Your post did not just state your disagreement with his premise, it derided and denigrated his idea as "brilliant"--a hyperbolic suggestion of stupidity.

You did not just warn that his suggestion might lead to injury for JG, you said it might get JG "killed."

No, there's not much overstatement there at all.

"bullying" others includes making fun of them, demeaning, deriding, denigrating and mocking them and their ideas. Your post did not just state a differing opinion it went far beyond that, which is not what is generally expected of a moderator, is it?

Finally, I, too, disagreed with sy's suggestion--but that does not mean he has no right to express his view without fear of being ridiculed by those who may not fully understand his position or just disagree with it.

Isn't the job of a moderator to prevent ridicule and harassment?
[ Edited by oldninerdude on Apr 23, 2018 at 3:32 PM ]
I'd have no issue starting a rookie T. My thing would be why would Philly make this trade.
Save the cap space and draft Edmunds...and Josey Jewell. Time for Lynch's plan B WRT Foster. Edmunds would give Saleh all kinds of options & Jewell's a tackling machine. Gesicki's got great hands, but has yet to see a block he likes. If they're drafting a TE, Hurst is the guy. Excellent hands and a very capable blocker. No problem taking an OT, but not in the 1st rd. If Brown gets fully healthy, he's head & shoulders better than anybody Lynch would draft. Love the Chubb pick. He'd give some size balance to the RB corps & be the 1st down and RZ thumper we need. Also love the Meeks pick...seems well suited to play in Saleh's defense.
Share 49ersWebzone