OLB- Pita Taumoepenu 
SS- Dexter McCoil 
NT- DJ Jones
DT- Kendal Vickers
DE- Jimmy Gilbert[b]

Cuts:

OG- Zane Beadles
RB- Joe Williams
No. Good grief, starting a rookie tackle, and one who is not considered a high 1st rounder? Tight End with a 1st rounder? Edge?

With Staley coming to the end of his career, posters here seem to have hit on a brilliant idea. Lets get rid of Brown. Lets see if we can get our new quarterback killed.
Originally posted by English:
No. Good grief, starting a rookie tackle, and one who is not considered a high 1st rounder? Tight End with a 1st rounder? Edge?

With Staley coming to the end of his career, posters here seem to have hit on a brilliant idea. Lets get rid of Brown. Lets see if we can get our new quarterback killed.

Have you not read anything from what Shanahan says about how it's tough to run with guys who can't move??

Our offense did just fine when Brown was out. Garrapolo didn't get killed when he was out it's not like Brown is some godsend at OT. I think you are forgetting that Staley is on his last legs and Brown is coming off a major injury, never comes into camp in shape, is in the last year of his deal, is one of the worst run blocking tackles in the league and doesn't fit our scheme.

McGlinchey is a fantastic pass protector and will be a much better scheme fit for us than Brown. Rookie RT's start all the time. McGlinchey is a blue chip prospect and will have no problem starting. There are rumblings that Cleveland could take him at #4.

I realize we need an edge but I'm not reaching on one just for the sake of it. I drafted Turay who has been compared to Yannick Ngakoue. This draft isn't strong in edge rushers in round 1.

As for TE, how do you suggest we fix our RZ issues?? Gisecki is a beast. He is a more athletic version of Rob Gronkowski.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

Have you not read anything from what Shanahan says about how it's tough to run with guys who can't move??

Our offense did just fine when Brown was out. Garrapolo didn't get killed when he was out it's not like Brown is some godsend at OT. I think you are forgetting that Staley is on his last legs and Brown is coming off a major injury, never comes into camp in shape, is in the last year of his deal, is one of the worst run blocking tackles in the league and doesn't fit our scheme.

McGlinchey is a fantastic pass protector and will be a much better scheme fit for us than Brown. Rookie RT's start all the time. McGlinchey is a blue chip prospect and will have no problem starting. There are rumblings that Cleveland could take him at #4.

I realize we need an edge but I'm not reaching on one just for the sake of it. I drafted Turay who has been compared to Yannick Ngakoue. This draft isn't strong in edge rushers in round 1.

As for TE, how do you suggest we fix our RZ issues?? Gisecki is a beast. He is a more athletic version of Rob Gronkowski.

Chill.

Firstly, I would fall over backwards if Cleveland take him with the 4th pick.

Our offence did ok except, check the number of times Garoppolo ended up in the dirt or collecting a serious hit. He is unlikely to last a whole season if this continues. And it was partly because the inside line was dire and partly because the RT was, also.

There are various ways of dealing with RZ issues that don't involve a 1st.
Chill.

Our offence did ok except, check the number of times Garoppolo ended up in the dirt or collecting a serious hit. He is unlikely to last a whole season if this continues. And it was partly because the inside line was dire and partly because the RT was, also.

Garappolo got hit the league average. It's not like he got crushed consitently.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
0 need for a tight end and why would you trade our best lineman
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Chill.

Garappolo got hit the league average. It's not like he got crushed consitently.

Garoppolo didn't get hit as many times as he should have because he can move in the park and it had nothing to do with any change to our quality of line
Originally posted by fan49:

Cause it fits his agenda. Brown wouldnt sign his wheeties box or something and he has been on his soapbox all offseason?
  • krizay
  • Veteran

We do have a need at TE. though spending a 1st on one isnt the right route IMO.

as for trading Brown. I see it happening... after training camp but before tbe season starts. If the rook we draft looks legit.

Again with the gross overstatement and hyperbolic exaggeration of a perfectly innocent SUGGESTION about a "different" way to address the team's needs and weaknesses in a mock draft. and you accuse him of trying to get JG killed??? wtf???

I thought mods are supposed to encourage free and open discussions, not bully posters with whom they happen to disagree. And when he responds to your ill-conceived, overstated criticism with an analytical post of explanation--you tell him to "chill?"

again,

Wow...well at least you are consistent, SY. Pretty obvious you really want to get rid of Trent.

Kriz, starting a rook at T when we got the entire franchise just 3 steps away? I have a hard time imagining that. To me that means that Garnett is ready to come in and start, as well as Magnus/Laken/ cooper (one) is also ready to start. And then you want a rook OT too? Sheesh, that is a lot bet on the come and none of us have seen GARnett, Laken, Magnus, nor cooper block. Hey they all may be starters, and nothing would make me happier. But i watched with twisted guts last yr as our porous OL allowed one guy after another to use our QBs as tackling dummies. I dont' want to see that again now that we have a bona fide FR QB. I want our franchise guy protected. Putting in a rook...unless it is Nelson, moved to OT from OG for Trent? No way.

And SY...as much as you want to get rid of Trent, i want him to stay. But how he comes into camp will decide a lot of that, and no problem re: that with me.
Like i said , best 11. And that means that all starting OLs can block....unh,,,and that means professionally. What we had last yr? Unprofessional. Blocking. This yr, we got our FR QB. No screwing around like last yr. This is the guy they HAVE TO protect. Anything other than ace blockers out there? Nope. All must be terrific blockers to protect our main guy. Anything less than that is a FAIL on our HC and GM. And i do not expect that. These two guys are NOT going to leave our QB unprotected. So if it's cooper and Laken at OG , but both protect....fine. Same goes for RT. He better be a damn good pass pro guy. Anybody starting on that oL will protect our passer. Last yr they didn't . Now it counts, and since HC and GMs jobs depend on him staying healthy, i know kyle puts the best pass pro guys out there. Whoever they are.

For a guy with the handle fan49 you'd think you'd know that Shanahan uses a base set of two TE's 80% of the time.

I guess you are ok with Garrett Celek and the oft injured George Kittle at TE. But I'm not.

And Trent Brown is hardly our best Olineman. He is such a mis-cast in this scheme it's not even funny. I don't understand how 9er fans cannot see this.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Wow...well at least you are consistent, SY. Pretty obvious you really want to get rid of Trent.

Kriz, starting a rook at T when we got the entire franchise just 3 steps away? I have a hard time imagining that. To me that means that Garnett is ready to come in and start, as well as Magnus/Laken/ cooper (one) is also ready to start. And then you want a rook OT too? Sheesh, that is a lot bet on the come and none of us have seen GARnett, Laken, Magnus, nor cooper block. Hey they all may be starters, and nothing would make me happier. But i watched with twisted guts last yr as our porous OL allowed one guy after another to use our QBs as tackling dummies. I dont' want to see that again now that we have a bona fide FR QB. I want our franchise guy protected. Putting in a rook...unless it is Nelson, moved to OT from OG for Trent? No way.

And SY...as much as you want to get rid of Trent, i want him to stay. But how he comes into camp will decide a lot of that, and no problem re: that with me.
Like i said , best 11. And that means that all starting OLs can block....unh,,,and that means professionally. What we had last yr? Unprofessional. Blocking. This yr, we got our FR QB. No screwing around like last yr. This is the guy they HAVE TO protect. Anything other than ace blockers out there? Nope. All must be terrific blockers to protect our main guy. Anything less than that is a FAIL on our HC and GM. And i do not expect that. These two guys are NOT going to leave our QB unprotected. So if it's cooper and Laken at OG , but both protect....fine. Same goes for RT. He better be a damn good pass pro guy. Anybody starting on that oL will protect our passer. Last yr they didn't . Now it counts, and since HC and GMs jobs depend on him staying healthy, i know kyle puts the best pass pro guys out there. Whoever they are.

Don't you want two rookie guards starting??
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Cause it fits his agenda. Brown wouldnt sign his wheeties box or something and he has been on his soapbox all offseason?

Lol. Right.

Maybe it's because I know the system that Shanahan runs and that Trent Brown is horrendous in it. He is the worst run blocker on the team and among the worst in the league. That and he is a lazy POS that cannot come into camp in shape if his life depended on it.

And you guys want to give him top 10 tackle money. Great idea. If he can't come into camp motivated making 800k imagine what will happen when he is making 10 mil a year.

Google the OT's Shanahan has used. Brown is literally 80 pounds heavier than any OT he has ever used.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Apr 22, 2018 at 3:21 PM ]
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Again with the gross overstatement and hyperbolic exaggeration of a perfectly innocent SUGGESTION about a "different" way to address the team's needs and weaknesses in a mock draft. and you accuse him of trying to get JG killed??? wtf???

I thought mods are supposed to encourage free and open discussions, not bully posters with whom they happen to disagree. And when he responds to your ill-conceived, overstated criticism with an analytical post of explanation--you tell him to "chill?"

again,

Careful. The mob in here will put you in the corner on a timeout if you question them.
Share 49ersWebzone