LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

2018 NCommand's Mock Draft

How important are the two G positions now if Suh signs with the Rams...Donald + Suh =
Originally posted by NCommand:
How important are the two G positions now if Suh signs with the Rams...Donald + Suh =

I was thinking the same thing...

Dude. If they get suh we are fuuuucked. That would be the best DT combo in the history of the NFL.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Nice mock. I also have us picking up Landry and Corbett in the 1st and 3rd round in my latest mock.

Like the Jordan Whitehead pick in the 5th round as well.

Well done.
[ Edited by 4ML on Mar 19, 2018 at 12:10 PM ]
OK, this isn't the mock yet but I'd like the experts insight into these guys who all have very legit chances of being available when we draft, if we stay pat.

1st round | 9th overall - ER Harold Landry
2nd round | 59th overall - LT Brian O'Neill
3rd round | 70th overall - G Austin Corbett
3rd round | 74th overall - CB Kevin Tolliver
4th round | 128th overall - WR Marcell Ateman
5th round | 143rd overall - FS Jordan Whitehead

I used MD's current big board. I tried to find players who were system-fits (i.e. athletic OL with experience in zone, lengthy press CB, big-bodied ZWR, etc.).

Like it! I might look at LBer with the 5th rd pick for depth/development
Originally posted by NYniner85:
OK, this isn't the mock yet but I'd like the experts insight into these guys who all have very legit chances of being available when we draft, if we stay pat.

1st round | 9th overall - ER Harold Landry
2nd round | 59th overall - LT Brian O'Neill
3rd round | 70th overall - G Austin Corbett
3rd round | 74th overall - CB Kevin Tolliver
4th round | 128th overall - WR Marcell Ateman
5th round | 143rd overall - FS Jordan Whitehead

I used MD's current big board. I tried to find players who were system-fits (i.e. athletic OL with experience in zone, lengthy press CB, big-bodied ZWR, etc.).

Like it! I might look at LBer with the 5th rd pick for depth/development

With all you draft experts signing off, how could I go wrong? Thanks guys!
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Originally posted by Dillesq:
Dude. If they get suh we are fuuuucked. That would be the best DT combo in the history of the NFL.

I've been saying all along, if there was one position that could end up screwing our season, it's the G position.

It's not that ShanaLynch don't know what they're doing there, it's just that from a talent perspective, those are terrible matchups for us, whether it's Tomlinson and Garnett or two underdeveloped rookies.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

I've been saying all along, if there was one position that could end up screwing our season, it's the G position.

It's not that ShanaLynch don't know what they're doing there, it's just that from a talent perspective, those are terrible matchups for us, whether it's Tomlinson and Garnett or two underdeveloped rookies.

And if they get Suh, they'd be able to run the Wide 9 the way Philly does and get either Suh or Donald a 1v1 every time. And with the secondary they have....i don't even want to think about it anymore. I'm getting upset lol
one of the worst mocks ive seen so far
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Tell us how you really feel.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I have a feeling if they go Landry at 9 they will package 59 & 74 to move up for a guard then address CB at 70

No need to trade up for a guard. Draft is rich in that position on day 2
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I like it but i think we would address LB at some point early on in the draft

I know...been struggling with that one.

Love the mock. I was in the same boat. Trading down for extra 2nd and taking Malik Jefferson was only move i really like for that spot.

Though id be content with Baker in tbe 3rd (again assuming a trade down scenario)
Lynch said he'll have a plan B if Foster's suspended...I'm not sold on Landry, but if they don't have to take a LB early on I really like Josie Jewel. Dude's a real ballhawk and would be a nice addition to the LB corps.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

LMAO...literally, my first line is: "OK, this isn't the mock yet..."
Originally posted by krizay:
No need to trade up for a guard. Draft is rich in that position on day 2

Agreed!

Originally posted by krizay:
Love the mock. I was in the same boat. Trading down for extra 2nd and taking Malik Jefferson was only move i really like for that spot.

Though id be content with Baker in tbe 3rd (again assuming a trade down scenario)

Thanks; outside of the first, LB is much harder to find.
Share 49ersWebzone