Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 592 users in the forums

Grant Cohen 7 Round Pre-Combine Mock Draft (not bad)

I love Isiah Wynn and I am starting to get a draft crush on Dorance Armstrong. Not crazy about taking a QB in Rd 3 though.
Lol luke Falk in the 3rd. That's dumb. Like it otherwise
Luke Faulk in the 3rd is dumb af, otherwise its not bad.
Yeah, why waste a 3rd rounder on a guy who could compete with Beathard? There are so many more choices at position of need.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Feb 27, 2018 at 7:09 AM ]
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Yeah, why waste a 3rd rounder on a guy who could compete with Beathard? There are so many more choices at position of need.

He couldn't help himself and be stupid with that pick. Otherwise it is a pretty good mock.
Don't like Armstrong, McFadden, Jefferson and Thomas. I dig the Falk pick. Just look at what trade composition back up QBs can net you with minimal playing time. Playing the long game takin a QB and letting Shanahan do his thing could turn out to be very beneficial. But the rest of the draft is all pretty much crap after Wynn besides Falk.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Don't like Armstrong, McFadden, Jefferson and Thomas. I dig the Falk pick. Just look at what trade composition back up QBs can net you with minimal playing time. Playing the long game takin a QB and letting Shanahan do his thing could turn out to be very beneficial. But the rest of the draft is all pretty much crap after Wynn besides Falk.

It's bad because Falk isn't good enough for a 3rd. A good pick would be Mike White or Kyle Lauletta in the 5th.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
It's bad because Falk isn't good enough for a 3rd. A good pick would be Mike White or Kyle Lauletta in the 5th.

I'll politely disagree with that. I like Falk just his concussions are scary.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Dillesq:
It's bad because Falk isn't good enough for a 3rd. A good pick would be Mike White or Kyle Lauletta in the 5th.

I'll politely disagree with that. I like Falk just his concussions are scary.
Reasonable minds can disagree. But it's a bad pick either way. Too much draft capital for a player who will not be making an immediate impact. Not only that, but we drafted a QB last year with a high pick. You're losing out on talent by using early draft capital on players who have no chance of playing.

Wouldn't mind taking a guy in the 5th or later. But taking a guy in the 3rd hoping he will be good enough to trade later isnt wise.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Reasonable minds can disagree. But it's a bad pick either way. Too much draft capital for a player who will not be making an immediate impact. Not only that, but we drafted a QB last year with a high pick. You're losing out on talent by using early draft capital on players who have no chance of playing.

Wouldn't mind taking a guy in the 5th or later. But taking a guy in the 3rd hoping he will be good enough to trade later isnt wise.

I can agree with this. I'd much rather go a different way in the 3rd round but in regards to this draft it was one of the few picks i liked. But if it were me I wouldn't draft a QB until the 6th round and have "leaks" that we really like him in practice yada yada.
Its going to take both bills picks to move up to 10 QBs are going to be the Hot commodity
I hate his round 2nd and 3rd round picks.
why go so high on a qb.. also not a huge fan of mcfadden.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Luke Faulk in the 3rd is dumb af, otherwise its not bad.

This. I could live with the rest of the draft
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone