LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 421 users in the forums

New real mock offseason

With the new coaching staff and looks like we are moving to 4-3. Here are some pieces that might fill the roster so they can at least compete next year.
Release: Ahmad brooks, bathea
That should give us over 100 mil in cap space
Trade our 4th round for CB Joe Haden (DC called him out and even though he was hurt. 3 years left in his contract at 10 mil each). Was rumored to be on the trading block
Resign- Kap(not opting out) kearly, Dorsey, Dawson,
Free agents signings-
LB donte Hightower, DE chandler jones, DT D.Poe, SS Barry Church, G Leary, WR Kenny Britt (1000 yard reciver with no QB), RB Isaiah Crowell, FB Dimarco, QB Matt shaub, KR Devin Hester
Draft trade 2nd pick to titans for 5th and 2nd Rd pick
1rd- LB Ruben Foster
2nd rd (1) RBWR Christian Mcaffery
2nd rd (2) DE taco Charlton
3rd TE Even Engram
4th QB Chad Kelley
4th comp. trade for Haden
5th OT Jordan Morgan
6th Wr Ryan Switzer
7th C

Team Depth Chart
Offense
QB Kap, Shaub, Kelley
RB Hyde, Crowell, mcafferey
FB Dimarco
WR Britt, kearly, Ellington
WR Torrey, switzer, Hester
TE McDonald, engram, Celek
LT Staley, Morgan
LG Garrett, tiller
C Beales, Kilgore
RG Leary, Tiller
RT Brown, Theus
Defense
LDE Jones, Lynch
LDT Buckner, Dail
RDT Poe, Dorsey
RDE Armstead, Taco
LOLB Bowmen, Armstrong
ILB Hightower, Willhoite
ROLB Foster, Hodges
LCB Haden, Denard
RCB Brock, Johnson
FS Ward, Reid
SS Church, Tratt
K Dawson
P Pinion
KR/PR Hester
Review- That will give us depth, and we will spend about 70 million in cap space. Really want to see Kap under Shanahan but I know it's not likley. What do you think?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Kap's not coming back...
Not real. No kap. Won't get all those marquee FA. I'd be happy with 1 of Hightower, Jones, Poe. Chad Kelley in 4th, no thanks. You have 3 ILB's in a 4-3 defense. Bowman can play outside but....Armstead is not a 4-3 DE. Britt won't happen either. I like Foster, McCaffery, Taco and Switzer. Like Shaub too. If we go to a 4-3 we don't need a high priced NT. We don't need to pay 9-10 mil for an ILB then draft another one in the 1st round. Joe Haden for a 4th not likely either. Head scratcher for me
Lol
1rd- LB Ruben Foster
2nd rd (1) RBWR Christian Mcaffery no thanks restart that madden draft..
Rashard Robinson? 🤔
@ resign Kap.
For starters, you've got way too many FA's...Lynch/Shanahan will sign some key vets, but not so many the 1st time around. I keep hearing the 4-3 mentioned...but they're structured for the 3-4, so a big-time NT is needed. That's probably the biggest need on defense. Brandon Williams is the best, IMHO...why settle on Poe. Crowell's a RFA...don't know that Lynch would go there. Jaquizz Rodgers, Lance Dunbar, & Ellington are all UFA's & wouldn't break the bank. Chandler Jones is an OLB in the 3-4. You didn't pick/sign any WR's with size...don't get that. Browns aren't trading Haden for a 4th rd pick...he was a 1st rd pick, if memory serves me correct. Why keep Tiller? He's not a ZBS guy...and where's Beadles, he is and can also play LT and C.

I don't see not taking Mike Williams over Foster...Shanahan needs receivers, big-time. When you can draft the top WR in the country, you do it. Engram's a very good receiver, but not a blocker. That won't work in Shanahan's WCO. Chad Kelly...really? I'd take Mahomes earlier. I don't get Charlton...he's a 4-3 DE. Unless you've heard from Shanahan or Lynch we're going to be a 4-3 defense, I don't understand why you'd take 4-3 defenders. All they need to do is re-sign Chris Jones...he can play DT or DE in the hybrid alignment.
Very unrealistic and don't agree we would go to a 4-3
Stopped reading when you resigned Kap!!

Trade the #2 pick and a 2018 4th round pick to the bills for picks #10 (1st round), #75 (3rd round), #139(5th round), a 1st round pick in 2018 and a 3rd round pick in 2019
(When the Eagles traded with the browns for the #2 they gave up a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 1st in 2017 and a 2nd in 2018, so i'm just thinking something along those lines.)

Free Agency
NT Dontari Poe
OG Kevin Zeitler
OLB Melvin Ingram
FB: Patrick DiMarco
WR: Kenny Stills
WR Jeremy Kerley
QB Brian Hoyer (I'm thinking use him as a bridge quarterback until next season and then grab Kirk Cousins)

Draft
1 - WR Corey Davis Western Michigan (from Bills)
2 - LB Raekwon McMillan Ohio State
3 - DB Cordrea Tankersley Clemson
3 - QB Davis Webb California (from Bills)
4 - RB Wayne Gallman Clemson
5 - OT Antonio Garcia Troy
5- DT Lowell Lotulelei Utah
6 - OLB Darius English South Carolina
7 - S Nate Gerry Nebraska

Depth Chart

Offense
QB: Brian Hoyer, Davis Webb
RB: Carlos Hyde, Wayne Gallman, Shaun Draughn
FB: Patrick DiMarco
WR1: Corey Davis, Kenny Stills
WR2: Torrey Smith, Aaron Burbridge
Slot WR: Jeremy Kerley, Bruce Ellington
TE: Vance McDonald, Garrett Celek, Je'Ron Hamm
LT: Joe Staley, Antonio Garcia
LG: Joshua Garnett
C: Zane Beadles, Daniel Kilgore
RG: Kevin Zeitler, Andrew Tiller
RT: Trent Brown, John Theus

Defense
LDE: Deforest Buckner, Ronald Blair
NT: Dontari Poe, Lowell Lotulelei
RDE: Arik Armstead, Quinton Dial
LOLB: Melvin Ingram, Darius English
ILB: Navarro Bowman , Ray-Ray Armstong
ILB: Raekwon McMillan , Gerald Hodges
ROLB: Aaron Lynch, Eli Harold
LCB: Rashard Robinson, Dontae Johnson
RCB: Tramaine Brock, Cordrea Tankersly
Nickel: Will Redmond
FS: Jimmie Ward, Jaquaski Tartt
SS: Eric Reid, Nate Gerry

Special Teams
K: Phil Dawson
P: Bradley Pinion
KR/PR: Bruce Ellington, Jeremy Kerley

I'm thinking that they'll end up sticking with a 3-4 defense because of personnel and once Fangio's contract is up with Chicago after this season, we sign him again as DC.

If they don't end up trading for Garoppolo, then i could see them taking a bridge QB like Hoyer or Shaub and wait for Kirk Cousins next season.
[ Edited by 49ers_808 on Feb 9, 2017 at 5:19 AM ]
Kaep is crap
Not nearly enough for a #2 pick and where are the rest of our picks you're missing 3.....a 5th 6th and 7th
Why would the Titans trade up from #5 to #2? They dont need a QB, and only a team who felt strongly about 1 QB would make that move up after Browns select Garrett.

We need to draft a QB at #2 without question. That position is the difference maker that can make this team relevant again. We were in a similar spot in '05 having to choose between Smith and Rodgers. (There are 3 this year (Kizer, Watson, Trubisky). One will/should pan out to be a solid starter. As there is no clear cut #1 QB, no one is trading up to #2. unrealistic. My vote would be for Watson as he is a winner.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Stopped reading when you resigned Kap!!

This
Share 49ersWebzone