LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

49ers 2017 Draft: Lynch's Blue Print

• 9moon
  • Veteran
With a " blue collar take no prisoner type of GM" we now have, I really feel that the result of his 1st Draft will be a BLUE PRINT of HIMSELF.

2017 Draft will be knows as the LYNCH MOB !!

NO TRADE PARTNER, NO PROBLEM !!

JAWS II makes his 1st move

RB - Tobi Gerhart (will be signed to be our FB and to bring the Mike Alstott type of runner while the young team is trying to know one another)

1) Jonathan Allen; DE - Alabama (over the history of the league, ALL great defenses starts with a great DL)

2) Haasan Reddick; ILB - Temple (just like Hardy Nickerson, Bowman can only hold this for so long, Haasan will be Lynch's Derek Brooks)

3) Davis Webb; QB - Cal (If both Watson and Truby doesn't impress, then why pick a QB w/the 2nd overall)

4) Zay Jones; WR - East Carolina (no guarantee that he's a 1, but WR can be found in every draft)

4) Fabian Mareau; CB - UCLA (simply the most physical CB in the draft, in year 4, he can also be a FS that playes like the Bucs' 47)

5) Donnel Pumphrey; RB - San Diego State (Lynch wanted McCaffrey to be his Warrick Dunn, but Donnel wont be that far behind)

5) Ejuan Price; OLB - Pitt - (Baalke measured the size of the player from the outside, while Lynch meassure the motor and the heart)

6) Bryan Cox, Jr; - DE - Florida (The best thing about Cox Jr is that his father would not allow him to fail even as a pass rusher only)

6) Zach Banner; OG - USC (how can you go wrong with a 6th rounder who possess his size)

7) Darreus Rogers; WR - USC (another one of those guys who plays w/something to prove

7) Barry Sanders, JR; Oklahoma State (Still shock from the stop n go that Barry put on him, Lynch draft Barry Jr to exorcise the GHOST)
I like Zach Banner a lot but switching to a ZBS do you think they are gonna draft a guard that's 6'8" 320ish pounds? But honestly I don't hate this draft good job
Nice. 😎👍
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I like Zach Banner a lot but switching to a ZBS do you think they are gonna draft a guard that's 6'8" 320ish pounds? But honestly I don't hate this draft good job

yeah, I expect the change to ZBS, but like I posted after picking him, we can not ignore the guy's size.. plus, for a 6th rounder, this guy could be a Diamon in the Rough.
Love he first 2 picks. Allen would imply a move to a 4-3 and Reddick could play anywhere
[ Edited by strickac on Feb 3, 2017 at 5:52 PM ]
Originally posted by strickac:
Love he first 2 picks. Allen would imply a move to a 4-3 and Reddick could play anywhere

Not exactly. He lists Allen as a "DE", which what Allen is at Alabama: a 3-4 DE. This mock goes with the redundant pick at 2, and we pick a 5technique for the third in a row with our first-round pick. I guess Buckner or Armstead are relegated to the bench in this scenario.

Jonathan Allen is not a 4-3 defensive end; he doesn't have the bend or speed off the corner to live there. Most of his damage is done from the inside--hence why Saban plays Ryan Anderson and Tim Williams as edge rushers in Alabama's defense.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
if we go 4-3... trust Lynch that he sees this line up in our front four.

RE - Tank Carradine (last stand)

DT - Deforest Buckner

DT - Jonathan Allen

LE - LYNCH/ELI
Originally posted by 9moon:

DT - Deforest Buckner

DT - Jonathan Allen

LE - LYNCH/ELI
No AA on the d-line?
Looks good
Who plays De in the 43 if we draft Allen?
We could stay 34 and go AA Allen Buckner as our front 3

320lbs? Child, please. More like 360 lbs plus. Only truly awful pick in this mock. Be curious who you think the other QB's will be besides Webb. 9Moon?

If we did that moon, AA is part of that front 4. This coming yr will belong to him. We need Allen to be a NT and he isn't. So 4-3 with Blair , not Tank. Nah, just doesn't fit. We have access to good talent, just not where needed. Amazing. Still we got FA and maybe an NT thru there. Then no, we couldn't take Allen, in that we would be doubling up on positions we already have. And i wanted Allen. It just won't work out for us.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

320lbs? Child, please. More like 360 lbs plus. Only truly awful pick in this mock. Be curious who you think the other QB's will be besides Webb. 9Moon?

6'8" and 360 lbs will never be an awful pick in the 6th round.. there's so much thing to gain and nothing to lose..

as for other QBs besides Webb??

Let me just make it clear.. I like Watson the most from this draft, but NOT as a 2nd overall pick..

so if Watson-Grappolo-Trubisky aren't there.. then I would take Webb in heart beat.. after that I would only take Gunner Kiel as a project in the late round..

if we have to wait til next year for a QB, then we must..
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by strickac:

Not exactly. He lists Allen as a "DE", which what Allen is at Alabama: a 3-4 DE. This mock goes with the redundant pick at 2, and we pick a 5technique for the third in a row with our first-round pick. I guess Buckner or Armstead are relegated to the bench in this scenario.

Jonathan Allen is not a 4-3 defensive end; he doesn't have the bend or speed off the corner to live there. Most of his damage is done from the inside--hence why Saban plays Ryan Anderson and Tim Williams as edge rushers in Alabama's defense.

This
Love the draft just not sure some of those cats will fall that far.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by 9moon:

DT - Deforest Buckner

DT - Jonathan Allen

LE - LYNCH/ELI

smh yes put buck at DT because it doesn't matter if we don't want to stop the run
Share 49ersWebzone