LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Mock draft and free agency no trades

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Mentioned Reid earlier. Brown isn't a fit in new scheme. Garnett is a player yes, Tartt and Robinson dime package guys

Robinson is just a dime package guy but Brock is a keeper? Okaaaaay

At corner we need a #1 caliber guy. Signing Logan Ryan bumps everyone down the depth chart where they are more realistically capable. 28 tackles and 1 int on the worst 49er defense ever doesn't have me convinced on Robinson. Brock has at least been a part of a winning defense.
Mentioned Reid earlier. Brown isn't a fit in new scheme. Garnett is a player yes, Tartt and Robinson dime package guys

At corner we need a #1 caliber guy. Signing Logan Ryan bumps everyone down the depth chart where they are more realistically capable. 28 tackles and 1 int on the worst 49er defense ever doesn't have me convinced on Robinson. Brock has at least been a part of a winning defense.

So has Ahmad Brooks, Kap, Dorsey, Williams, TJE. Robinson was one of the top rookie corners last year. He was one of the lone bright spots for the defense last year after not playing competitive football in a year. He is not just a player he is a future building block for us.

Cmon man, Robinson as a 4th round pick out of football for 2 years played great and has star potential if he can stay healthy, Brock has lost a lot within a year..if a top tier free agent CB is signed I expect Brock to be traded or cut..Robinson has a brighter future by far..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Armstead was over drafted. Wasn't very great at Oregonand hasn't been great with us. Can he be good, yes. But I think he'll be a backup

Damn man, let the kid have a healthy 2 yrs under his belt before you start s**tting on him..

After 4 years injured or not we gotta decide if he's worth a big raise. The year after we gotta pay Buckner. I admittedly hated when we drafted him. Top 15 guys should start day 1. He didn't. Hasn't proved anything thus far. Buckner, great pick, has. Bad pick vs good one. It's pretty simple fellas. After harbaugh left I started evaluating this team as I do other teams without an emotional attachment. Our drafts have been horrible. We all scout the players, know the positions of need yet Baalke tried to outsmart everyone annually. Total overhaul needed. Sad but true.
The guy picked directly after Armstead is a 2 time pro bowler btw. We needed that position too. Still do
The guy picked directly after Armstead is a 2 time pro bowler btw. We needed that position too. Still do

Baalke wasn't taking any players with any off field red flags. You can blame Baalke for that don't blame AA for that.
Armstead was over drafted. Wasn't very great at Oregonand hasn't been great with us. Can he be good, yes. But I think he'll be a backup

Joe Staley was a two star recruit and a TE to start his college career, what's your point college is over man. AA played basketball and football until his last yr in Oregon. Everyone and their mom said he was raw but the potential was thru the roof...all reports say he was killing it in training camp and even our best OT joe said he was a man child, dude dislocated his shoulder and tried playing with it this yr...you go out there and tell me if you can move 300lb men with one arm lol.

Go look at NE they constantly take "busts" from other teams and get them to play well...why is that? Coaching. They put players in a position to be successful and I haven't seen tomsula or Kelly do that, have you?
I'd have to agree with others, screw the 1-yr contracts. They need vets who're going to be there for a few years...for their productivity and influence on what's likely to be a LOT of young players. Love Garcon & Bennett, but think our FO would have to shell out considerably more for the latter. Plus, given how often Gronk is hurt, NE will try hard to keep him. Logan Ryan definitely. No Ware, pls. Too beaten up & after back surgery his playing future is much in doubt. What's missing is a topflight NT...I'm talkin' Brandon Williams or Bennie Logan. An alternative to Bennett is Jack Doyle (Colts)...very sure-handed TE, something we don't have now. A good RB who shouldn't be very expensive is Lance Dunbar (Dallas). He's an excellent receiver out of the backfield., which fits right in with how Shanahan loves to use his backs.

'Til we know more about the kind of QB Shanahan wants, I'd be very leery about putting any of 'em in the #2 hole. I still think trading down is the best possible move...they can still get a quality QB and a couple other very good players. Love McCaffrey, but I think they need to get a bigger back...like McNichols, Kareem Hunt, etc. They're guys who are terrific runners but also excellent receivers. The size matters because a big reason Hyde's been injured so much is they really haven't had anyone who can take some of the big hits away from him. So, I'd go ILB in 2nd rd...Cunningham, if he's available. Outstanding ILB who does everything well. I like most of your draft, but don't see a S anywhere. Reid's entering what's likely to be his last year in SF...time to get his replacement's now.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'd have to agree with others, screw the 1-yr contracts. They need vets who're going to be there for a few years...for their productivity and influence on what's likely to be a LOT of young players. Love Garcon & Bennett, but think our FO would have to shell out considerably more for the latter. Plus, given how often Gronk is hurt, NE will try hard to keep him. Logan Ryan definitely. No Ware, pls. Too beaten up & after back surgery his playing future is much in doubt. What's missing is a topflight NT...I'm talkin' Brandon Williams or Bennie Logan. An alternative to Bennett is Jack Doyle (Colts)...very sure-handed TE, something we don't have now. A good RB who shouldn't be very expensive is Lance Dunbar (Dallas). He's an excellent receiver out of the backfield., which fits right in with how Shanahan loves to use his backs.

'Til we know more about the kind of QB Shanahan wants, I'd be very leery about putting any of 'em in the #2 hole. I still think trading down is the best possible move...they can still get a quality QB and a couple other very good players. Love McCaffrey, but I think they need to get a bigger back...like McNichols, Kareem Hunt, etc. They're guys who are terrific runners but also excellent receivers. The size matters because a big reason Hyde's been injured so much is they really haven't had anyone who can take some of the big hits away from him. So, I'd go ILB in 2nd rd...Cunningham, if he's available. Outstanding ILB who does everything well. I like most of your draft, but don't see a S anywhere. Reid's entering what's likely to be his last year in SF...time to get his replacement's now.

Yeah those 1 year contracts never pan out for the patriots, cough cough, Blount, Long, Bennet
Originally posted by 9erred:
Yeah those 1 year contracts never pan out for the patriots, cough cough, Blount, Long, Bennet

Yeah cause we have a NE system set in place lol...you got to be a winning franchise to get get good vets to come play on a 1 yr contracts.

FYI Bennett was traded, long was in all regards over the hill ( and no exactly crushing it this yr) plus Blount got released by Pitt...he wasn't getting a multiple yr contract by anyone.

Ryan had two INTs this yr and played on a team that made opposing offenses one-dimensional

Baalke wasn't taking any players with any off field red flags. You can blame Baalke for that don't blame AA for that.

How dare you make sense
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Like Watson in the 1st
Share 49ersWebzone