Sean Weatherspoon 1/2 million
Logan Ryan 5 year/50 million 33 guaranteed 15 SB
CJ Spiller 1 year non guaranteed
Deangelo Williams 2/4 million
Luke Joeckel 2/4 million
Christian Ponder

Release-kap, brooks, bethea

Draft
1-2 Deshaun Watson QB- this will be a controversial pick but I've followed this kid for 3 years. His sophomore year was his best but he gave bama the business twice and was the best player on the field each time. He's gotta learn a lot but much less then the rest of the QB's in this class. He was better then God and Wentz last year IMO. I'm not gonna hold a year pressing under pressure and winning a title against him. Shanahan will admire how well he moved the ball around to his backs receivers and TE's. After Garrett goes number 1, this is my guy at #2

2-2 Christian McCaffery RB- until we had shanahan this didn't intrigue me. That said, this kid will be a dream combo with Hyde in this offense. I'm getting excited already

3-2 Pat Elflein C- 2nd rated Center in the draft out of The Ohio State University. Day 1 starter. Kilgore to bench.

4.2 Chris Godwin WR- if you didn't know this kid before the Rose Bowl, you did after. #12 for Penn State. While he could go earlier, he projects as a high end #2 wideout. Shanahan has his finger on this roster already.

4-38 Marquez White CB- My best friend is a Florida state alumn. He tells me this kid is as good as they get. On and off the field. Taller corner could add some weight. Steal at this point. Loaded CB class gonna see some guys fall.

5-2 Kendall Beckwith ILB- Seen this guy projected up and down the board. Probably gone by now but if he's still around

6-2 Deashon Hall DE- the other DE from A&M. After plugging holes on defense in free agency and going offense early in the draft we start plugging some youth into our defense

6-18 KD Cannon WR- blazer, track speed, ideal for 3 and 4 WR sets. We NEED speed

7-1 not gonna project 7th rounders
7-2

Bash away.... if you hate this share your plan so we can compare! At least I can say Lynch and Shanahan have brought optimism back to the bay.
I am not big on McCaffrey Buti think he would Excell in a Shannahan style offense so I am very OK with him in the 2nd.
I like some of the FAs but just not big into the 1 year thing. It will take a few years to get this team together and I'd rather suck with young guys learning instead of 1 year Deals and save the $$ for big splashes next year or the year after.
[ Edited by stonecold590 on Feb 2, 2017 at 11:12 AM ]
No offense but I hate it. Why 2 RBs in FA and then our second pick on a RB too? Seems pretty redundant.
[ Edited by JBrack on Feb 2, 2017 at 11:25 AM ]
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I am not big on McCaffrey Buti think he would Excell in a Shannahan style offense so I am very OK with him in the 2nd.
I like some of the FAs but just not big into the 1 year thing. It will take a few years to get this team together and I'd rather suck with young guys learning instead of 1 year Deals and save the $$ for big splashes next year or the year after.

The thought is short term deals expire before our draft picks need big money. Our early round guys play along with free agents while we develop the later round picks. I agree with you and signed accordingly. Logan Ryan being our only big money long term signing
Originally posted by JBrack:
No offense but I hate it. Why 2 RBs in FA and then our second pick on a RB too? Seems pretty redundant.

Because we have 1 running back anyone outside the bay has heard of. Good teams have 2-3+
Oh and he's hurt a good bit as well. Bottom
Line our roster is terrible. I don't think Torrey Smith is a #2 WR. Kerley a #5 WR. The rest we have aren't NFL caliber players. RB, Hyde and guys that shouldn't make the team. position by position we have players that aren't any good. I've addressed about as much as you can in one off-season. I don't think Arik Armstead is a long term starter on a good team. Bowman, Reid, Buckner, Staley. How many quality starters do we have? Everyone else can be upgraded. And of the ones we have several are nearing the end. Staley, Bowman. In the next 4-5 years I'd guess we have 30+ new players on the 53. I'd guess 15-18 new starters. We are a 2-14 team in case you missed the season. We suck. Top to bottom.

Offense
Staley
Hyde
T Smith (overpaid, probablybe traded)

Defense
Buckner
Ward
Brock
Bowman ?

Who else do we build around?
Bennett is getting much more than that...he's gonna command at least $8 million a yr, he's already stated he wants to stay in NE...we'd have to grossly overpay.

Ware is ehhh dude's back is f**ked. I want no part of mcCaffery in the 2nd wayyyy too much talent a more important positions.

You basically didn't touch pass rush cause I don't see your FA doing much and while I like Hall no way he last until the 6th.

Is Watson starting day one
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Line our roster is terrible. I don't think Torrey Smith is a #2 WR. Kerley a #5 WR. The rest we have aren't NFL caliber players. RB, Hyde and guys that shouldn't make the team. position by position we have players that aren't any good. I've addressed about as much as you can in one off-season. I don't think Arik Armstead is a long term starter on a good team. Bowman, Reid, Buckner, Staley. How many quality starters do we have? Everyone else can be upgraded. And of the ones we have several are nearing the end. Staley, Bowman. In the next 4-5 years I'd guess we have 30+ new players on the 53. I'd guess 15-18 new starters. We are a 2-14 team in case you missed the season. We suck. Top to bottom.

Offense
Staley
Hyde

Defense
Buckner
Ward
Brock
Bowman ?

Love how you can make a real assessment of AA after 700 career snaps 400 of them while playing with a dislocated shoulder

We have a stupid young team and IMO it's hard to evaluate them with s**t coaching...we do need a lot of help but I think brown, Garnett, Vance all have a future with his team. On defense I think AA, Blair, lynch, Robinson, Redmond, tarrt all have a future as well...coaching man coaching, most of them have had s**t their whole NFL career thus far.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 2, 2017 at 12:08 PM ]

Offense
Staley
Hyde

Defense
Buckner
Ward
Brock
Bowman ?

Reid. Tartt. Robinson. Lynch. AA. Garnett. Brown.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Offense
Staley
Hyde

Defense
Buckner
Ward
Brock
Bowman ?

Love how you can make a real assessment of AA after 700 career snaps 400 of them while playing with a dislocated shoulder

We have a stupid young team and IMO it's hard to evaluate them with s**t coaching...we do need a lot of help but I think brown, Garnett, Vance all have a future with his team. On defense I think AA, Blair, lynch, Robinson, Redmond, tarrt all have a future as well...coaching man coaching, most of them have had s**t their whole NFL career thus far.

Exactly this..great coaching brings out great play..which leads to confidence and fear..I hate bringing it up bc it hurts lol but look how Harbaughs teams play..these young kids all have great potential they just need a leader who is not afraid to fight for them..

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Offense
Staley
Hyde

Defense
Buckner
Ward
Brock
Bowman ?

Reid. Tartt. Robinson. Lynch. AA. Garnett. Brown.

Mentioned Reid earlier. Brown isn't a fit in new scheme. Garnett is a player yes, Tartt and Robinson dime package guys
Mentioned Reid earlier. Brown isn't a fit in new scheme. Garnett is a player yes, Tartt and Robinson dime package guys

Robinson is just a dime package guy but Brock is a keeper? Okaaaaay
Armstead was over drafted. Wasn't very great at Oregonand hasn't been great with us. Can he be good, yes. But I think he'll be a backup
Armstead was over drafted. Wasn't very great at Oregonand hasn't been great with us. Can he be good, yes. But I think he'll be a backup

Damn man, let the kid have a healthy 2 yrs under his belt before you start s**tting on him..
KD Cannon 😎
Share 49ersWebzone