RESIGNS (All small contracts)
Tiller
Ian Williams
Hodges
Dorsey
Dawson

FREE AGENTS
Brandon Williams- DT 4 yrs 42 Million-Biggest need on defense
Kevin Zeitler- OG- 4 yrs 40 Million-turns an average O-line into good with depth
Danny Woodhead-RB- 2 yrs 10 million
Kiko Alonso- MLB- 2 years, 15 million

Brian Hoyer-QB- 2 yrs 14 Million
Kyle Juszczyk-FB- 3 yrs 12 Million

Wait for it….

Kaep 1 yr 12 million. Another prove it, per game contract. He's not getting work anywhere else

TRADES

Johnathon Allen is gone to the Browns at #1

49ers trade their 1st and 5th round pick to the NYJ for their 2016 1st, 3rd, and 2018 1st

Jets get their QB of the future

49ers trade Jets 1st rounder (6th overall) to New Orleans for their (12th overall), 3rd, and 2018 2nd

New Orleans get Jamaal Adams out of LSU

49ers trade Jets 2nd rounder (39th overall), their 4th round, and a 5th in 18' to New England for their 1st round (31st overall)

49ers trade Eric Reid to Washington for a 2018 conditional 5th rounder

2017 NFL DRAFT (5 ROUNDS)
Round 1 (12th overall)- WR from Western Michigan- Corey Davis

Round 1 (31st overall)- QB from Clemson- Deshaun Watson

Round 2 (34th overall)- OG from Western Kentucky- Forrest Lamp

Round 3 (66th overall)- EDGE from Alabama – Tim Williams

Round 3 (70th overall)- TE from Virginia Tech- Bucky Hodges

Round 3 (76th overall)- C from West Virginia – Tyler Orlosky

Round 4 (COMP)- WR from Virginia Tech- Isiah Ford

Round 5-ILB from LSU Kendall Beckwith

2017 ROSTER (NOT A 53)
QB ~ Kaep, Hoyer, Watson
RB ~ Hyde, Woodhead, Harris
FB ~ Juszczyk
TE ~ Hodges, Mcdonald, Celek, Bell
WR ~ Davis, Smith, Ford, Rogers, Smelter, Burbridge
LT ~ Staley, Theus
LG ~ Garnett, Tiller
C ~ Beadles, Kilgore, Orlosky
RG ~ Zeitler, Lamp
RT ~ Brown
LDE ~ AA, Dial
NT ~Williams, Williams, Dorsey
RDE ~ Buckner, Blair
EDGE ~ Lynch,Tank
ILB ~ Bowman, Beckwith (IR)
ILB ~ Alonso, Hodges
EDGE ~ Williams, Harold
CB ~ Jackson, Robinson, Redmond, DJ, Reaser
FS ~ Ward
SS ~Tartt
LS ~ Nelson
P ~ Pinion
K ~ Dawson
[ Edited by Hearst96ot on Jan 18, 2017 at 9:03 AM ]
Tiller is not a fit in this scheme. Waste of money

Time to move on from Kap.

Kiko Alonso is a restricted free agent. Pass.

I haven't watched Kevin Zeitler lately, but I remember coming out of college that his athleticism wasn't the best. I don't think he's a great fit for Kyle's outside zone attack. No need to overpay for a bad fit.

I had no clue Kyle Juszczyk was a FA. I LOVE that signing. That guy is the best fullback in the NFL. Dude is a f**king hammer.

I like your draft, but we cannot touch Tim Williams. In addition to all the off-field issues, there are reports are coming out that he failed multiple drug tests at Alabama. Easy pass.

I think Forrest Lamp would be an excellent pick. Dude is a technician on the field. This OL is going to have to be addressed because I don't think it's a lock that Trent Brown and Joshua Garnett stick around.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 18, 2017 at 9:26 AM ]
Kiko isn't a UFA we'd have to give up picks not happening.

If we some how land Rex (which I highly doubt) go for Zac brown who shined in his defense this yr.

Watson isn't failing to 31st don't be silly...all said and done he's a top 10 pick when the draft comes around.

I don't want kap for anything time for a fresh start for both sides.
Almost stopped reading after Ryan as the DC...definitely stopped reading after the re-signing of Kap.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Almost stopped reading after Ryan as the DC...definitely stopped reading after the re-signing of Kap.

I made it to trading down with Garrett available.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Tiller is not a fit in this scheme. Waste of money

Time to move on from Kap.

Kiko Alonso is a restricted free agent. Pass.

I haven't watched Kevin Zeitler lately, but I remember coming out of college that his athleticism wasn't the best. I don't think he's a great fit for Kyle's outside zone attack. No need to overpay for a bad fit.

I had no clue Kyle Juszczyk was a FA. I LOVE that signing. That guy is the best fullback in the NFL. Dude is a f**king hammer.

I like your draft, but we cannot touch Tim Williams. In addition to all the off-field issues, there are reports are coming out that he failed multiple drug tests at Alabama. Easy pass.

I think Forrest Lamp would be an excellent pick. Dude is a technician on the field. This OL is going to have to be addressed because I don't think it's a lock that Trent Brown and Joshua Garnett stick around.

I tend to agree with you. I'm not too familiar with his scheme.

I'm a guy who believes in he trenches. So maybe youre right. The OL plan may need to be switched up but I'm not a fan of Garrett at all after his first season.

I didn't know that Kiko was an RFA. I definitely won't be giving up a draft pick for him

Tim Williams is a first round talent. But plenty off the field issues as you stated. I believe this warrants a 3rd round pick. Some may not agree but with passing up or missing out on Myles Garrett we will need to shore up the other side of Aaron Lynch.

With the pass rushers available after 2 rounds, I figured it may be better to take the chance. We can't have another Lemonier/Harold.

I think Shanahan uses his RBs to stretch the field horizontally and vertically. I think the pickups of Woodhead and Juszczyk will help alot
[ Edited by Hearst96ot on Jan 18, 2017 at 10:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I made it to trading down with Garrett available.

I'm a HUGE Garrett fan. Maybe the biggest in the webzone. With that being said, this team needs a lot of help. I believe with a new coach and GM they will be the first to say they want a roster overhaul and you do that with more picks. And we are in prime position to do that. Especailly with Myles likely to go to the Browns.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Keep seeing signing Hoyer in these mock drafts......why??? Why not just keep Ponder

I'm curious as to why you think Ryan would not be a good fit for us?

Re-signing Kap was very hard but there is no one out there to start right away for us. Draft is full of projects and free agents are failures in their own.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Keep seeing signing Hoyer in these mock drafts......why??? Why not just keep Ponder

I tend to lean towards Hoyer. I think he's better vet out there

that many draft trades is just unrealistic.

That being said, if we traded the #2 pick and were able to stay in the top 10 picks while picking up another 1st next year and more, it would be very tempting.
Originally posted by Hearst96ot:

I'm curious as to why you think Ryan would not be a good fit for us?

Re-signing Kap was very hard but there is no one out there to start right away for us. Draft is full of projects and free agents are failures in their own.

Beyond the skill-set (which isn't so much in question), Ryan is a walking carnival wherever he goes. There's no way you go through a rebuilding effort with someone like him in the building, especially when you're hiring a first-time head coach. The moment the team goes through a rough patch, the rumors will start flying about Rex wanting to take over, potentially undermining the young head coach, pitting defense against the offense...it's just a recipe for disaster.

I love the idea of pairing Shanahan with an experienced DC, but hiring Rex Ryan in this role just perpetuates the circus that has been the 49ers for the last 3-4 years.
I love lamp
Ghost...right on. For me, hiring a guy like Donatell would make a lot more sense. No baggage there, just an excellent defensive coach...a guy Shanahan wouldn't ever have to worry about. That said, it's entirely possible Shanahan has a DC or at least several candidates in mind. He surely has plenty of contacts from Houston, 'Skins & Atlanta. It'd be cool if he can pry away some of that Houston's defensive staff.
Hearst...very ambitious off-season program. As I said earlier, Ryan's not a good fit as Shanahan's DC. I'd hire someone like Donatell...very experienced defensive coach, no baggage, just a very good coach.

Not sold on either Tiller or Ian Williams...the former because a ZBS isn't his forte, the latter for 2 reasons. First, he can't seem to stay off the IRL, and 2nd because you're signing Brandon Williams and re-signing Dorsey. The best move would be to draft a DT who can play both NT & DT/DE. Not sure they'll re-sign Dawson, either, given they just signed the Utah St punter, which might mean they're moving Pinion to PK. The dude's got a powerful leg, so we'll see.

As for the FA's, I like Brandon Williams and Juszczyk a lot. The rest, not so much. Zeitler's not a ZBS guy, to my knowledge, so wouldn't be a good add. Instead of Woodhead, I'd go for Dunbar (excellent receiver out of the backfield) or Whittaker, who could really take some pressure/pounding from Hyde. Both are considerably younger, too & in your roster, you'd retain Harris, who could do some damage in Shanahan's offense. Nix Alonso due his RFA status. Hoyer might be ok, but I'd be interested in Landry Jones (Steelers). When Big Ben's been out, he's done a decent job leading their offense. Have to wave bye-bye to Kap...enough, already. I'd sign a vet WR...say Pierre Garcon, a tough, physical receiver who could be a great role model to our younger WR's.

You're advocating a lot of trades...some of which make sense, but I'd think Gutekunst/Shanahan would want to make a big splash for extra picks this draft. It's fine to stash top picks for the following year, but not so much for a rebuilding team, methinks. I could potentially be convinced otherwise, but it seems having the #2 pick should equal a killer draft this year.

In your draft, no problem with your first 3 picks, but as noted, Watson's not lasting 'til the end of the 1st rd. . A potential option to Williams could be UCLA's McKinley, a very productive OLB in his own right. Hodges is a good TE to pick...should be a RZ threat. You traded Reid, but didn't get a S in FA or the draft. Instead of Beckwith, I'd go after Boulware or Elijah Lee, the latter arguably the better all-around ILB.
Share 49ersWebzone