LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

2nd mock realistic

GM-Riddick
Coach/OC- McDaniels
DC- Vrable

major FA signings- WR Vincent Jackson (little bit older so we might have to overpay..he might want to go to a winning team) McDaniels likes at least one big body receiver (Demarious Thomas in Den and even in NE Malcolm Mitchell is a big part of the offense)

NT- Alan Branch- Sick of playing musical chairs at this position...with dorsey, branch and williams all can split time to keep everyone healthy

ILB- Aj Klein- Did a great job filling in for kuechly and showed he can be a good starter..with Aj and bow and our draft our linebackers are set

trade #2 to for #6 jets 2nd and 4th with nyj..

trade nyj 2nd round and 4th we just picked up for jimmy g
2017 NFL DRAFT (4 ROUNDS)

Round 1 #6-OLB Tim Williams...i could have gone with Barnett but i give the edge to Williams because he is longer and better of the pass rusher...lets be real our linebackers play went from the best to one of the worst...we need sacks

Round 2-TE OJ Howard- With McDaniels as our coach u can see they utilize the TE alot and even tho we stupidly gave Vance a extension he isnt the playmaker Howard is...plus were probably going alot of 2 te sets so Vance will be part of the offense still..this adds a weapon on offense that we severely lack

Round 3-C/G pat elfein- great value here and lets be honest we can use another interior lineman...kilgore is always injured and martin flat out sucks and we have no depth whatever...pat will eventually be our starter by seasons end beating out a regressing kilgore

Round 4- WR Ryan Switzer-Perfect slot WR for Mcdaniels scheme..

Round 4(comp pick)- RB Corey Clement- Hyde is injure prone and needs someone he can split carries with...Corey is a perfect spell back for us

2017 ROSTER (NOT A 53)

Jimmy G
Hyde, Clement, Harris
Howard,Mcdonald, Celek, Bell
V.Jackson,Smith,Switzer,Rodgers Streater, Smelter, Burbridge
Staley, Theus
Garnett, Tiller
Kilgore, Elfreid
Beatles, Zeitler
Brown

AA, Dial
Dorsey,Branch, Williams
Buckner, Blair
Lynch,Tank
Bowman,
Klein, Hodges
Williams, Harold
Robinson, Ward, Redmond, DJ, Reaser
Reid
Tartt

Pinion
Dawson
[ Edited by yung_prophet_one on Jan 10, 2017 at 10:31 AM ]
After last night's game, i wouldn't touch williams.
Not nearly enough for our 2nd pick
Need a couple more free agents
Speaking of Josh McDaniels preferences of body type and skill set at WR, I wonder if McDaniels will prefer smaller, quicker guys at WR like they use in New England here in the NFCW? guys like Edelman and Amendola were integral in beating the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. McDaniels emphasized a horizontal attack coupled with his receivers short-area quickness to attack the Seattle cornerbacks lack lateral agility.
Im surprised anyone would want Tim Williams after his complete no show last night
Originally posted by Heroism:
Speaking of Josh McDaniels preferences of body type and skill set at WR, I wonder if McDaniels will prefer smaller, quicker guys at WR like they use in New England here in the NFCW? guys like Edelman and Amendola were integral in beating the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. McDaniels emphasized a horizontal attack coupled with his receivers short-area quickness to attack the Seattle cornerbacks lack lateral agility.

In Denver he drafted Decker and Thomas, both bigger guys. I think he can work with all types of receiver. It just depends on best available to him
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:

major FA signings- WR Vincent Jackson (little bit older so we might have to overpay..he might want to go to a winning team) McDaniels likes at least one big body receiver (Demarious Thomas in Den and even in NE Malcolm Mitchell is a big part of the offense)

Height: 5′ 11″
Weight: 201 lbs
[ Edited by Quest4six on Jan 10, 2017 at 11:35 AM ]
Originally posted by saniner:
In Denver he drafted Decker and Thomas, both bigger guys. I think he can work with all types of receiver. It just depends on best available to him

Right, but Denvers division was different than ours. Seattle still has those 6'3" cornerbacks and McDaniels took away their advantage with crossing routes, short-area quickness and lateral agility. I could see him sticking to that formula if he comes here.
New England wants a first and fourth at least. I doubt they budge, even for an early second.

Howard is likely gonna go in the first.

Vincent Jackson is done man, no more injury prone players please. I don't see him coming to a team that doesn't even have a qb yet or will have a rookie qb.

Switzer could be a nice mid round pick. And i'd love to have Alan Branch too but it'll be real tough taking him from NE. And you're spot on that we need another RB to help Hyde out. There's also some really really solid RB free agents this year, maybe we can save a draft pick and snag one of them. I doubt anybody can take Blount away from NE but maybe he finally wants to get paid. There's also gonna be Woodhead, Chris Johnson, Deangelo Williams, Andre Ellington. Leveon(but no way Steelers let him go)
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
New England wants a first and fourth at least. I doubt they budge, even for an early second.

Howard is likely gonna go in the first.

Vincent Jackson is done man, no more injury prone players please. I don't see him coming to a team that doesn't even have a qb yet or will have a rookie qb.

Switzer could be a nice mid round pick. And i'd love to have Alan Branch too but it'll be real tough taking him from NE. And you're spot on that we need another RB to help Hyde out. There's also some really really solid RB free agents this year, maybe we can save a draft pick and snag one of them. I doubt anybody can take Blount away from NE but maybe he finally wants to get paid. There's also gonna be Woodhead, Chris Johnson, Deangelo Williams, Andre Ellington. Leveon(but no way Steelers let him go)

The original report was they wanted similar compensation to the Sam Bradford trade.

When Eagles traded Bradford they traded for an unknown 1st and 4th round pick. I'm pretty sure everyone involved in the trade expected Minnesota to get into the playoffs so they were looking at a bottom 20 pick in the first round and a low 4th round pick.

Using the trade value chart let's say that 1st round pick value was expected to be around 800. The 4th rounder would be about 60. Let's round up and say it's about 900 worth of value.

The 49ers 34th pick is worth 560. Another 2nd round pick...even if the worst one is 270 points for a total of 830. More than likely 49ers would be picking top half of the 2nd round even next year. That's probably around 430 points. Total of 990...more than what the Eagles were expecting to get for Bradford.

Originally posted by genus49:
The original report was they wanted similar compensation to the Sam Bradford trade.

When Eagles traded Bradford they traded for an unknown 1st and 4th round pick. I'm pretty sure everyone involved in the trade expected Minnesota to get into the playoffs so they were looking at a bottom 20 pick in the first round and a low 4th round pick.

Using the trade value chart let's say that 1st round pick value was expected to be around 800. The 4th rounder would be about 60. Let's round up and say it's about 900 worth of value.

The 49ers 34th pick is worth 560. Another 2nd round pick...even if the worst one is 270 points for a total of 830. More than likely 49ers would be picking top half of the 2nd round even next year. That's probably around 430 points. Total of 990...more than what the Eagles were expecting to get for Bradford.

Makes sense but part of me thinks they won't budge. And that's all still running on the assumption that the jets want to trade all that to move up 4 spots when they already have a second round qb they been sitting plus Petty who've they been developing. They'll likely be able to just sit at six and get one of the top 3 QBs if they even want one since only Browns, Niners and Bears will need a QB. Hard to imagine both niners and Browns pass up Myles.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Jan 10, 2017 at 12:12 PM ]
i see why alot of u guys are saying no to Tim williams after his no show but he had a bad game doesnt mean hes not a high potential player...i like him more than Barnett by a hair so if u guys dont like williams ill be ok with Barnett
I'd definitely avoid V Jackson and NT Ian Williams...both way too injury prone & Jackson's 34. Better WR options: Terrelle Pryor, Kenny Britt, Cordarelle Patterson, Michael Floyd, Pierre Garcon. There are some better NT's available than Branch, IMHO. Guys like Poe, Brandon Williams & Bennie Logan for example.

I'm not sure what the Jets' motivation would be to move up 4 spots...they're another team with multiple needs, so why give up a couple of high picks to move up 4 spots.

In the draft, you'd really take Michael Williams at #6? If I was going pass rusher, it's Barnett, all day long. He had almost double the overall tackles, 18 for loss, 12 sacks, 3 passes broken up, and a pick. McDaniels (assuming he's the HC) might lobby hard for best WR on the board.

Howard's a very good TE, but I actually like Leggett better for his all around game. Another possibility is Engram, who's an outstanding receiving TE, but not much of a blocker.

Clement's a good RB, but all things being equal otherwise, I'd take Kareem Hunt because he had 4 times the receptions and receiving yards than Clement did.
you said realistic then the first action is to make some toss up series of trades...
Share 49ersWebzone