49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 564 users in the forums

What would it take to trade for AJ Green?

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Seems to have worked out pretty well so far.

Lol this. Each move that they haven't made in retrospect has turned out to be the right decision. Not giving up the farm for Mack, OBJ, Ramsey..etc. They're in a pretty good place.
Well we need a wr in the worst way. Can't wait for
Pettis to be consistent
Samuel to develop
Trent Taylor to stay healthy

We have a championship team except for wrs
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Imo he's not playing until he gets a new deal

I thought AJ said he wants to stay in Cincy? Somebody's blowing smoke, him or this guy

I think AJ wants to get paid...he has no business going out there playing for a 0-5 team in a contract yr
Originally posted by elguapo:
Well we need a wr in the worst way. Can't wait for
Pettis to be consistent
Samuel to develop
Trent Taylor to stay healthy

We have a championship team except for wrs

I mean SF is 32nd in the league in passing attempts. While I think they could improve the position (should always be looking to improve regardless). This is a run 1st team at this moment.

Our WRs need to take advantage of the opportunities when they get them, BUT the whole we need a WR#1 is kinda silly when we run the ball more than just about any other team in football currently (2nd to Baltimore who has a running QB).
im not trading a first for Green who is what 31? and im not giving him top wr money if thats what hes seeking, I'll love him on the team BUT for the right price. Dealing with Mike Brown and the Bengals is never easy
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
im not trading a first for Green who is what 31? and im not giving him top wr money if thats what hes seeking, I'll love him on the team BUT for the right price. Dealing with Mike Brown and the Bengals is never easy

Yeah, I mean I'd throw them a 4th this yr and a conditional pick in 2020 (depending on if he's still on the team) outside of that pass....dude hasn't even played a snap this yr.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Well we need a wr in the worst way. Can't wait for
Pettis to be consistent
Samuel to develop
Trent Taylor to stay healthy

We have a championship team except for wrs

I mean SF is 32nd in the league in passing attempts. While I think they could improve the position (should always be looking to improve regardless). This is a run 1st team at this moment.

Our WRs need to take advantage of the opportunities when they get them, BUT the whole we need a WR#1 is kinda silly when we run the ball more than just about any other team in football currently (2nd to Baltimore who has a running QB).

No secret we are 32nd in pass attempts because for the most part we have been ahead later in games and didn't need to pass the ball.
It would be nice to be a little more balanced I'm sure there will be games we have to throw it 35 times to win.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean SF is 32nd in the league in passing attempts. While I think they could improve the position (should always be looking to improve regardless). This is a run 1st team at this moment.

Our WRs need to take advantage of the opportunities when they get them, BUT the whole we need a WR#1 is kinda silly when we run the ball more than just about any other team in football currently (2nd to Baltimore who has a running QB).
This makes a lot of sense ,perhaps adding another good TE to pair with Kittle might be the answer. Oj Howard and Austin Hooper come to mind.
Originally posted by Oilcan:
No secret we are 32nd in pass attempts because for the most part we have been ahead later in games and didn't need to pass the ball.
It would be nice to be a little more balanced I'm sure there will be games we have to throw it 35 times to win.

Right we don't even really know what we have at WR either I think AJ or sanders are upgrades BUT I'd also like to see if Deebo/Pettis or even Taylor/Hurd (when they can play) got with actual targets coming their way consistently, before dropping draft capital.

FWIW this upcoming draft is full of great WR talent as well.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 18, 2019 at 9:07 AM ]
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
This makes a lot of sense ,perhaps adding another good TE to pair with Kittle might be the answer. Oj Howard and Austin Hooper come to mind.

Hooper makes some sense (I don't think Howard is available). Hooper is a FA end of the yr maybe we can throw them a day 3 pick?
Anybody tracking what's going on in Cincy with Cordy Glenn? If he's healthy would he be worth a look?

Seems like lots of players are in a hurry to get out of Cincinnati—not really surprising
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Hooper makes some sense (I don't think Howard is available). Hooper is a FA end of the yr maybe we can throw them a day 3 pick?

He's having a great year so far and is young I'd be all over that.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Oilcan:
No secret we are 32nd in pass attempts because for the most part we have been ahead later in games and didn't need to pass the ball.
It would be nice to be a little more balanced I'm sure there will be games we have to throw it 35 times to win.

Right we don't even really know what we have at WR either I think AJ or sanders are upgrades BUT I'd also like to see if Deebo/Pettis or even Taylor/Hurd (when they can play) got with actual targets coming their way consistently, before dropping draft capital.

FWIW this upcoming draft is full of great WR talent as well.

There are going to be some legit WRs in the draft, and we'll have a few options picking at 32
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Well we need a wr in the worst way. Can't wait for
Pettis to be consistent
Samuel to develop
Trent Taylor to stay healthy

We have a championship team except for wrs

I mean SF is 32nd in the league in passing attempts. While I think they could improve the position (should always be looking to improve regardless). This is a run 1st team at this moment.

Our WRs need to take advantage of the opportunities when they get them, BUT the whole we need a WR#1 is kinda silly when we run the ball more than just about any other team in football currently (2nd to Baltimore who has a running QB).

Not at all just look at the past results of teams that don't have a consistent good wr. Baltimore last year? Not even a top 10. I'm talking top 20-25 which we aren't even close to having. You would rather wait for one of our receivers to develop? Even if we don't have the passing attempts, that does not imply that they would be doing better if they got more attempts. Getting open consistently isn't a function of pass attempts necessarily it is just our receivers aren't that great right now. I'm not giving up on a Super Bowl this year just because I have faith like you do that our team might, the keyword is might, win with our team as is.

If we face a team that has a good run defense we are screwed especially if they have a good secondary. So it's not silly. Whats silly is thinking we don't need a receiver that's consistent. Unless you don't want to win the Super Bowl I'm down for it I could be on board with your mentality if we had Trent Taylor back healthy guaranteed but there is no guarantee because he's too often injured. I am not willing to take that risk just like the year we lost in the playoffs because our receivers couldn't do jack s**t. We also had a great running game and defense and we still lost.
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 19, 2019 at 3:18 AM ]
The thing is, receivers getting open has not been a problem. Drops have been a bit of a problem. QB accuracy has been a bit of a problem. But largely, we aren't producing big numbers passing because shanny doesn't think we need to.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone