Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 842 users in the forums

Saints are taking calls on Brandin Cooks

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Still overrated even with a great QB like Brees this guy just dissapeared last season, N.O. trippin thinking that some team will trade a mid round pick for him, i can think of a few WR's that will drafted next month that are better then this guy.

He was a mid first round pick with back to back 1,100 yard seasons. Reports are saying NE already tried offering their first but it wasn't high enough.

Yeah he's a legit #1 WR. I'd trade all of our WR's and TE's for just him right now.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Mar 5, 2017 at 12:24 PM ]
Belichek is such a weasel

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18827047/new-england-patriots-interested-dealing-new-orleans-saints-receiver-brandin-cooks
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Belichek is such a weasel

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18827047/new-england-patriots-interested-dealing-new-orleans-saints-receiver-brandin-cooks

Needs someone for Garappolo to throw to.
Originally posted by Butter:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Butter:
What about Cook for Arik Armstead? Then the Niners could draft Jonathan Allen.

Come on this ain't Madden brother

Ok, maybe I missed the mark, but I still dont think its a ridiculous concept.

Armstead was 1/17 in 2014.
Cooks was 1/20 in 2015.

Armstead had a down year due to injuries last season, but Cooks took a back seat to Thomas and also had a bit of a down year.

Cooks' numbers last year were almost identical to his 2015 numbers. How does that translate to "a bit of a down year?"
[ Edited by Empire49 on Mar 5, 2017 at 1:33 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,898
"I think one of the things that every team does when the season's over with and they get to the Combine, they're looking for ways to – for us specifically, improve our defense. You have X amount of assets – it might be draft picks or money to spend in free agency. Brandin is someone that we think the world of. I love him. Not only is he a great player, he's a special guy."
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-orleans-saints-brandin-cooks-trade-sean-payton-explain-rumors-030617

One thing we have is unproven highly drafted defensive prospects. Could we manage a player = player deal and a draft pick for Cooks?

AA and Reid + a 3rd?
Originally posted by jcs:
"I think one of the things that every team does when the season's over with and they get to the Combine, they're looking for ways to – for us specifically, improve our defense. You have X amount of assets – it might be draft picks or money to spend in free agency. Brandin is someone that we think the world of. I love him. Not only is he a great player, he's a special guy."
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-orleans-saints-brandin-cooks-trade-sean-payton-explain-rumors-030617

One thing we have is unproven highly drafted defensive prospects. Could we manage a player = player deal and a draft pick for Cooks?

AA and Reid + a 3rd?

It would take atleast our second to get him. I say YOLO and pull the trigger to pair with Pryor/Jeffrey/Britt/Williams/Garçon. He plays the slot mostly doe no?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by jcs:
"I think one of the things that every team does when the season's over with and they get to the Combine, they're looking for ways to – for us specifically, improve our defense. You have X amount of assets – it might be draft picks or money to spend in free agency. Brandin is someone that we think the world of. I love him. Not only is he a great player, he's a special guy."
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-orleans-saints-brandin-cooks-trade-sean-payton-explain-rumors-030617

One thing we have is unproven highly drafted defensive prospects. Could we manage a player = player deal and a draft pick for Cooks?

AA and Reid + a 3rd?

It would take atleast our second to get him. I say YOLO and pull the trigger to pair with Pryor/Jeffrey/Britt/Williams/Garçon. He plays the slot mostly doe no?
They reportedly turned down the Patriots offer of their first round pick because the Saints think they can get a higher first round pick for Cooks. It would take more than our second.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by jcs:
"I think one of the things that every team does when the season's over with and they get to the Combine, they're looking for ways to – for us specifically, improve our defense. You have X amount of assets – it might be draft picks or money to spend in free agency. Brandin is someone that we think the world of. I love him. Not only is he a great player, he's a special guy."
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-orleans-saints-brandin-cooks-trade-sean-payton-explain-rumors-030617

One thing we have is unproven highly drafted defensive prospects. Could we manage a player = player deal and a draft pick for Cooks?

AA and Reid a 3rd?

It would take atleast our second to get him. I say YOLO and pull the trigger to pair with Pryor/Jeffrey/Britt/Williams/Garçon. He plays the slot mostly doe no?
They reportedly turned down the Patriots offer of their first round pick because the Saints think they can get a higher first round pick for Cooks. It would take more than our second.

You believe that? The reason why I feel like it's not true, is they have Edelman and Amendola... they'd lose a first rounder AND have to PAY Cooks. They need a bigger body receiver like Marshall,Britt. As soon as I type that, they can trade up if they want to and try to grab Williams/Davis/or even Ross if they want someone like Cooks but you'd probably say I doubt it cause NE never trades up...right? They're probably hoping by draft day someone gets desperate enough to give them a first high enough to take Ross and have him on the cheap for 5 years.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Mar 8, 2017 at 1:40 AM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
"I think one of the things that every team does when the season's over with and they get to the Combine, they're looking for ways to – for us specifically, improve our defense. You have X amount of assets – it might be draft picks or money to spend in free agency. Brandin is someone that we think the world of. I love him. Not only is he a great player, he's a special guy."
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-orleans-saints-brandin-cooks-trade-sean-payton-explain-rumors-030617

One thing we have is unproven highly drafted defensive prospects. Could we manage a player = player deal and a draft pick for Cooks?

AA and Reid + a 3rd?

If they're so bent on moving Reid, might as well trade him to team that needs a safety. Him and Kenny Vacaro. I'm not really big on AA, didn't want him in the draft over Marcus Peters. The 2015 draft is almost as bad as the 2012 draft imo. But anyways, I like Reid, but don't waste his prime.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by jcs:
"I think one of the things that every team does when the season's over with and they get to the Combine, they're looking for ways to – for us specifically, improve our defense. You have X amount of assets – it might be draft picks or money to spend in free agency. Brandin is someone that we think the world of. I love him. Not only is he a great player, he's a special guy."
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-orleans-saints-brandin-cooks-trade-sean-payton-explain-rumors-030617

One thing we have is unproven highly drafted defensive prospects. Could we manage a player = player deal and a draft pick for Cooks?

AA and Reid a 3rd?

It would take atleast our second to get him. I say YOLO and pull the trigger to pair with Pryor/Jeffrey/Britt/Williams/Garçon. He plays the slot mostly doe no?
They reportedly turned down the Patriots offer of their first round pick because the Saints think they can get a higher first round pick for Cooks. It would take more than our second.

You believe that? The reason why I feel like it's not true, is they have Edelman and Amendola... they'd lose a first rounder AND have to PAY Cooks. They need a bigger body receiver like Marshall,Britt. As soon as I type that, they can trade up if they want to and try to grab Williams/Davis/or even Ross if they want someone like Cooks but you'd probably say I doubt it cause NE never trades up...right? They're probably hoping by draft day someone gets desperate enough to give them a first high enough to take Ross and have him on the cheap for 5 years.

New England signs new and usually veteran receivers every offseason to see how they fit and usually end up cutting them. Obviously that wouldn't happen here in a trade for Cooks but the point is Belichick is always looking to upgrade and everyone not named Tom Brady is always on notice.

Amendola had to restructure to stay with the team last year and only had 23 receptions. His days as a patriot are limited anyhow. New England plays the draft like kings. They are huge on value and usually yep will either trade down for more picks or grab a player with great value that falls to them. So in essence if Belichick could get a young, good receiver like Cooks who would fit perfectly in the New England system, you bet your a$$ that I believe Belichick would trade the 32 pick.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 8, 2017 at 9:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
New England signs new and usually veteran receivers every offseason to see how they fit and usually end up cutting them. Obviously that wouldn't happen here in a trade for Cooks but the point is Belichick is always looking to upgrade and everyone not named Tom Brady is always on notice.

Amendola had to restructure to stay with the team last year and only had 23 receptions. His days as a patriot are limited anyhow. New England plays the draft like kings. They are huge on value and usually yep will either trade down for more picks or grab a player with great value that falls to them. So in essence if Belichick could get a young, good receiver like Cooks who would fit perfectly in the New England system, you bet your a$$ that I believe Belichick would trade the 32 pick.

I feel you. Hey they traded a second in the past for welker. Just think he values his first and would probably love to trade down and get someone like switzer later in the draft to pair with Edelman. Hope they don't target Kupp.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,536
The belief is that the #Saints will be able to trade away WR Brandin Cooks by this afternoon. #Patriots, #Titans remain in the mix.

Wish we'd make an offer for him. Apparently they're asking for defensive players in return rather than picks though
Originally posted by IT21:
The belief is that the #Saints will be able to trade away WR Brandin Cooks by this afternoon. #Patriots, #Titans remain in the mix.

Wish we'd make an offer for him. Apparently they're asking for defensive players in return rather than picks though

Brooks, Brock, and a mid round pick?

I don't think they'd take it but I'd prefer Cooks over Pryor or Jeffery.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Brooks, Brock, and a mid round pick?

I don't think they'd take it but I'd prefer Cooks over Pryor or Jeffery.

Probably won't take it but Brock would probably be their best CB in a while and Brooks will provide some stability in the LB core.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone