49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 797 users in the forums

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

Originally posted by Igotta:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
This.
Last year we had more mis-matches with Crabtree, moss, VD and Walker.

williams is a speedy slot wr PERIOD.

im glad they realized baldwin was the better choice.

imagine him 1 on 1 in the red zone with a db...

you just toss it to him.

hopefully thats their plan. he didnt get many opportunities but he made the best of em

Though, we only did it a couple of times with Randy freaking Moss..

I'm hoping for the same thing though, really enjoyed seeing him catch some action tonight and make some plays, We fleeced KC in that trade.

ya but baldwin is a young cat. hopefully they realize the potential. moss was on his last legs and was a one trick pony even in his prime
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Baldwin = Championship
So...is he our 2nd best WR as of now? At the very least he should be #3, and have the opportunity to push KW for #2.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 27, 2013 at 1:04 AM ]
Was anyone watching closely.... seemed like by the end Baldwin was 2, was Williams even in there after Patton was hurt? I'm pretty sure Williams started as the #2 but by the end not sure he was out there much. Patton was seeing some time as well until he got hurt. Not saying kick him to the curb... maybe him and Moore when Manningham/Crabtree get back. Right now we need him. Should be Boldin, Baldwin, Patton/Williams (slot), Moore.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 27, 2013 at 1:08 AM ]
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,998
Originally posted by mayo49:
Baldwin = Championship

I've been saying this since we picked him up.
Kyle Williams & Moore are useless, and the rest of the WRs are injured. I say start Baldwin against Houston.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
So...is he our 2nd best WR as of now? At the very least he should be #3, and have the opportunity to push KW for #2.

I'm thinking Kyle Williams has already been booted out of that spot. Talk was that Patton jumped both Moore and Williams on the depth chart, when he went down, Baldwin was the beneficiary and he clearly did far better playing on the outside than Williams has done in terms of influencing how a defense approaches the receivers.
Baldwin looked like he's going to take over the #2 wr in a few weeks! He did aite tonite despite the amount of snaps he had. Yayyyaaahhh!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
So...is he our 2nd best WR as of now? At the very least he should be #3, and have the opportunity to push KW for #2.

I'm thinking Kyle Williams has already been booted out of that spot. Talk was that Patton jumped both Moore and Williams on the depth chart, when he went down, Baldwin was the beneficiary and he clearly did far better playing on the outside than Williams has done in terms of influencing how a defense approaches the receivers.

I'm down with that. Hopefully we've seen the last of KW in the starting lineup. I want to see Baldwin and Patton really get in the mix.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
I agree, it should be the last of Kyle in the starting lineup. Boldin and Baldwin with Patton as the #3, should be sufficient until Crabtree and Manningham get back.
Baldwin looks like he can ball, starting to wonder if Harbaugh envisions him taking the 'possession' role, encase we part ways with Manningham at the end of the season.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,083
Originally posted by mayo49:
I agree, it should be the last of Kyle in the starting lineup. Boldin and Baldwin with Patton as the #3, should be sufficient until Crabtree and Manningham get back.

I agree too, after all Baldwin was able to produce in such little playing time. I think having Baldwin in the line-up will help Boldin out more than Kyle Williams has with height and speed I also think Baldwin is the better run blocker too. I mean what's it gonna hurt to add Baldwin to the line-up, they wouldn't be missing much with Kyle Williams producing 9 rec with 80 yards through 4 games...C'mon.
Hopefully Kap and Baldwin can spend these 10 or so days at practice establishing somewhat of a rapport with one another. Just keep mixing and matching until Mario and/or Crabtree comes back. If we can get past Houston with a win, we'll have three games against inferior opponents (Ari., Tenn. and Jax) and a bye week where we can let guys get healthy and hopefully start rotating them into the WR corps in time for the tougher part of the schedule in week 10.

Things are looking infinitely better after this game.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,412
Originally posted by SofaKing:
So...is he our 2nd best WR as of now? At the very least he should be #3, and have the opportunity to push KW for #2.

Yep.
Ummmm, the John Baldwin "Like a Boss" thread?
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone