LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Keeper league strategy

• Silky
  • Veteran
I'm in year 2 of a keeper league. I have Justin Herbert I can keep. My question is, is it smart to keep a QB? I don't know much about keeper strategy. There's no other RB or skill player worth keeping on my team imo.
Originally posted by Silky:
I'm in year 2 of a keeper league. I have Justin Herbert I can keep. My question is, is it smart to keep a QB? I don't know much about keeper strategy. There's no other RB or skill player worth keeping on my team imo.

It all depends on what round you drafted him and what the cost is to keep him? I would say any player drafted after the 6th last year that had a breakout last year and is predicted to ball out, you have to keep him. When you get closer to the 3rd round cost is that less than his ADP this year.

Ex. I drafted Deebo in the 8th last year.
The logic behind this strategy is that quarterbacks are generally the most consistent performers in fantasy football, and thus by keeping one you are giving yourself a solid foundation to work from. Additionally, quarterbacks tend to score more points than other positions, so having a top-scoring QB can give you a significant advantage over your opponents. Of course, like all fantasy football strategies, the QB Keeper approach has its risks and rewards, so it's important to weigh up all the options before making your final decisions.
There is no one answer to this question. It depends on a number of factors, including the QB's contract, the team's salary cap situation, and the depth of the QB position on the roster.
Share 49ersWebzone