LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 153 users in the forums

WZ Baseball 2014

Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
So let me get this straight. NinerJohn believes this trade heavily favors James.

vrabbit believes this trade heavily favors me.

I cant make any sense from Rabbits comments. He said that the only player you got that is worth a s**t is Storen ( who has a serious injury) so I hardly think he is saying the trade is heavy for you.

The trade is a joke. You are giving up 2 premier pitchers ( wainwright will be great next yr as it usually takes 2 years to fully get back) and one of the top hitters right now in fantasy that has multiple player eligibility for 2 dogs, an injured relief pitcher, and a first round pick. OK. There is your perspective from me.

I posted in a hurry while I was at work.

Basically, my point was all these ridiculous one-sided trades always seem to have you involved, crzy.

The trade is basically Storen and a 1st for Encarnacion, Lester, and Wainwright, nobody gives a flying f**k about Peralta, Nova, or the 22nd pick. Nobody takes your side of the trade, NO ONE. And what are you doing? half of your roster is on the DL and you're now trading for more DL guys? really?

Isn't it perfectly obvious what I'm doing?

I'm collecting assets for next year.

I'm thinking long-term.

in MAY. And I'm all for your collecting assets for next year, but not through these one-sided trades.

Matt Miller thinks you suck at being a GM
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Trade tweaked

Lester, Encarnacion, Wainwright, 22nd round pick for

Jemile Weeks, Drew Storen, Jhonny Perlta, 1st round pick.
Trade tweaked

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Trade tweaked

You still veto this?
So let me get this straight. NinerJohn believes this trade heavily favors James.

vrabbit believes this trade heavily favors me.

I cant make any sense from Rabbits comments. He said that the only player you got that is worth a s**t is Storen ( who has a serious injury) so I hardly think he is saying the trade is heavy for you.

The trade is a joke. You are giving up 2 premier pitchers ( wainwright will be great next yr as it usually takes 2 years to fully get back) and one of the top hitters right now in fantasy that has multiple player eligibility for 2 dogs, an injured relief pitcher, and a first round pick. OK. There is your perspective from me.

I posted in a hurry while I was at work.

Basically, my point was all these ridiculous one-sided trades always seem to have you involved, crzy.

The trade is basically Storen and a 1st for Encarnacion, Lester, and Wainwright, nobody gives a flying f**k about Peralta, Nova, or the 22nd pick. Nobody takes your side of the trade, NO ONE. And what are you doing? half of your roster is on the DL and you're now trading for more DL guys? really?

Exactly. I knew that you wouldnt be in support of this b******t.
Trade tweaked

You still veto this?

Yes. What makes it worse is you didnt even offer Lester and Wainwright to anyone else to see if you could improve on this deal. Trust me, there would have been much better deals out there. I know you never win fantasy BB but quit being as bad as Brian Sabean.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on May 21, 2012 at 5:02 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Hey Sabes . I will trade you Choo and my first round pick for Kemp. I will even add in Drew Smiley for you.
NJ has had a drama filled day here....

Ok so all are good with adding another keeper it looks like? I'm ok with adding another dl
[ Edited by ninerlifer on May 21, 2012 at 6:50 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
NJ has had a drama filled day here....

Ok so all are good with adding another keeper it looks like? I'm ok with adding another dl

I'm good with 4 and 2 DL. I am just not good with guys giving up the season in May and making stupid deals. I have had a couple of beers though and the Giants are winning so all is better. I'm waiting to see if Crazy will deal me Kemp for my first rd pick.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Obviously I'm not dealing Kemp, Darvish, or Ellsbury. Not for anything.

This disagreement is entirely because you guys have a fundamental misunderstanding of how a keeper league should operate.

And for some reason you guys still think Wainwright and Lester are Cy Young candidates.

I've never seen so much stink arise from two pitchers with a combined 4.8 ERA and 1.4 WHIP.

You'd think I was trading prime Pedro Martinez lol.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Look, John.

This was 2009 Wainwright and 2009 Lester, then not only would this trade look ludicrous, but I would NOT be making this deal at all because I wouldn't be in last place if those two a*****e didn't pitch like complete scrubs for me all season.

PREMEIR PICHERS? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Those guys are pitching like waiver-wire caliber pitchers. You're looking at their names and reputation. Not their actual production.

Almost every good player on my team is injured for a significant length of time and even if my team is at full strength...it's not good enough to make the playoffs. I'm not throwing in the towel at all. I'm being realistic about my chances this season and obtaining assets to help me next season.

I can keep trotting out my full roster this year, knowing full well that I have no chance of making the playoffs.

Or I can make a move to help me be more competitive in the future.

That's exactly what a competitive fantasy GM should be doing with the current team I have.

sounds like billy beane to me

all seriousness though..id think you could get more from those 3. even to help you in the future

but if that trades goes through, Jrg is winning it all

Im not gonna lie, in a month or two in our other dynasty league im planning on trade a couple players away and do what crzy did last year. thats if my team doesnt turn it around. Im 1-6 in that league
Obviously I'm not dealing Kemp, Darvish, or Ellsbury. Not for anything.

This disagreement is entirely because you guys have a fundamental misunderstanding of how a keeper league should operate.

And for some reason you guys still think Wainwright and Lester are Cy Young candidates.

I've never seen so much stink arise from two pitchers with a combined 4.8 ERA and 1.4 WHIP.

You'd think I was trading prime Pedro Martinez lol.

LOL. When you win any fantasy baseball league talk to me about understanding of how a fantasy league should work. I think I have a pretty good understanding. I also understand that it makes sense to not just take the first stupid deal and to not give up a season in May. Pathetic.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on May 21, 2012 at 8:30 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Look, John.

This was 2009 Wainwright and 2009 Lester, then not only would this trade look ludicrous, but I would NOT be making this deal at all because I wouldn't be in last place if those two a*****e didn't pitch like complete scrubs for me all season.

PREMEIR PICHERS? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Those guys are pitching like waiver-wire caliber pitchers. You're looking at their names and reputation. Not their actual production.

Almost every good player on my team is injured for a significant length of time and even if my team is at full strength...it's not good enough to make the playoffs. I'm not throwing in the towel at all. I'm being realistic about my chances this season and obtaining assets to help me next season.

I can keep trotting out my full roster this year, knowing full well that I have no chance of making the playoffs.

Or I can make a move to help me be more competitive in the future.

That's exactly what a competitive fantasy GM should be doing with the current team I have.

sounds like billy beane to me

all seriousness though..id think you could get more from those 3. even to help you in the future

but if that trades goes through, Jrg is winning it all

Im not gonna lie, in a month or two in our other dynasty league im planning on trade a couple players away and do what crzy did last year. thats if my team doesnt turn it around. Im 1-6 in that league

In August if your team is out of it and you can get FAIR value then by all means make the deal.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
LOL. When you win any fantasy league talk to me about understanding of how a fantasy league should work. I think I have a pretty good understanding. I also understand that it makes sense to not just take the first stupid deal and to not give up a season in May. Pathetic.

There is no need to be condescending. I did not attack your fantasy basketball intellect.

You just don't understand how a keeper league should work. Which is precisely why you're bothered by this.

In a keeper league, players should be perfectly able to make trades that benefit them long-term while sacrificing the present.

Keeper leagues are, by definition, long-term...over several seasons.

If trading future draft picks is taken out of the equation, then why the hell is this even a keeper league? What exactly differs this from a single season league in that case?

And why exactly, in a keeper league, is it a problem for a fantasy player to make a trade in May?

You are implying that by the fact that I am making a trade in May that I am skirting competition. That I am "throwing in the towel" and "giving up".

But, you see, that's completely illogical.

Because in a keeper league, I should be able to sacrifice the present for future success.

So, in my mindset, I'm not skirting competition....or giving jrg any unfair advantage. I'm making this deal within the framework of a keeper league that lasts several seasons.

That's precisely what managers in keeper leagues should be able to do.

Otherwise, why the hell is this a keeper league.
Share 49ersWebzone