49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 1,160 users in the forums

***Fantasy Football Thread***

  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • Posts: 156,384
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I know a guy who has been playing for over 40 years .

his league does not account for any yards or completions.

it is literally only actual points scored (TDs , FG , extra points and safeties)

and there is no TE . These were the rules for many leagues in the 80s.

Raiders invented fantasy football btw

before the internet had them readily available, you would need to wait for mondays USA Today to get official sunday NFL game player stats. then break out your calculator.
[ Edited by boast on Sep 9, 2026 at 8:49 PM ]
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I know a guy who has been playing for over 40 years .

his league does not account for any yards or completions.

it is literally only actual points scored (TDs , FG , extra points and safeties)

and there is no TE . These were the rules for many leagues in the 80s.

Raiders invented fantasy football btw

before the internet had them readily available, you would need to wait for mondays USA Today to get official sunday NFL game player stats. then break out your calculator.

That must have been beautiful ..... this instant score takes away the surprise Monday / Tuesday AM scoring update i was exposed to during early internet .
David Montgomery or Parker Washington for my week 1 flex?
Originally posted by KegBert:
David Montgomery or Parker Washington for my week 1 flex?

I am so all in on David Montgomery this year!!

…better go with Parker Washington.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,587
Originally posted by HomestarRunner:
Originally posted by KegBert:
David Montgomery or Parker Washington for my week 1 flex?

I am so all in on David Montgomery this year!!

…better go with Parker Washington.

Would I be stupid to take Kaelon with my #1 waiver? I have Saquon, Breece, Monty, abs Rachaad already. I don't know if I'm just being a homer here but God forbid CMC goes down.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,587
Originally posted by Grande:
Would I be stupid to take Kaelon with my #1 waiver? I have Saquon, Breece, Monty, abs Rachaad already. I don't know if I'm just being a homer here but God forbid CMC goes down.

Personally I think you're good at RB. However, i cant answer your question without knowing if your waiver priority resets every week regardless if you use it or not. Who was you planning on dropping and what the rest of your lineup looks like.

For me, if I have the #1 priority and I remain #1 until I use it. I likely wouldn't use it til im guaranteed a difference maker. Albeit short-term or long term. Right now you'd be wasting it on hope. As Geno Auriemma would say... Hope is not a strategy.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Grande:
Would I be stupid to take Kaelon with my #1 waiver? I have Saquon, Breece, Monty, abs Rachaad already. I don't know if I'm just being a homer here but God forbid CMC goes down.

Personally I think you're good at RB. However, i cant answer your question without knowing if your waiver priority resets every week regardless if you use it or not. Who was you planning on dropping and what the rest of your lineup looks like.

For me, if I have the #1 priority and I remain #1 until I use it. I likely wouldn't use it til im guaranteed a difference maker. Albeit short-term or long term. Right now you'd be wasting it on hope. As Geno Auriemma would say... Hope is not a strategy.

Black has stand alone value with out a CMC injury . Possible split back field on a high scoring offense . Even more value during a blow out and a league winner if CMC misses any time .

even with a good entourage of RBs , they have lots of trade value bc the league is so thin at the position .

so I say yes unless there is another injury in the league that's makes another RB a bell cow
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,587
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Black has stand alone value with out a CMC injury . Possible split back field on a high scoring offense . Even more value during a blow out and a league winner if CMC misses any time .

even with a good entourage of RBs , they have lots of trade value bc the league is so thin at the position .

so I say yes unless there is another injury in the league that's makes another RB a bell cow

He scored 8 points in PPR and this was best we can expect from Kyle.

I would not spend top waiver Priority on that. Had CMC got hurt.... ok
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Black has stand alone value with out a CMC injury . Possible split back field on a high scoring offense . Even more value during a blow out and a league winner if CMC misses any time .

even with a good entourage of RBs , they have lots of trade value bc the league is so thin at the position .

so I say yes unless there is another injury in the league that's makes another RB a bell cow

He scored 8 points in PPR and this was best we can expect from Kyle.

I would not spend top waiver Priority on that. Had CMC got hurt.... ok

Right now he is #1 priority in fantasy (could change by Tuesday ) and that was against a top 5 defense

fantasy experts are throwing 30-35% FAAB at him .
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,587
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Right now he is #1 priority in fantasy (could change by Tuesday ) and that was against a top 5 defense

fantasy experts are throwing 30-35% FAAB at him .

Right now After 2 games played. For me, im not wasting my #1 priority on him.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Right now he is #1 priority in fantasy (could change by Tuesday ) and that was against a top 5 defense

fantasy experts are throwing 30-35% FAAB at him .

Right now After 2 games played. For me, im not wasting my #1 priority on him.

44% snap share and 15 touches ..... with CMC healthy . That projects to over 255 touches which is over 1,000 total yards

it's all about volume and that is volume

no brainer for me if there are no significant injuries by Tuesday . And his trade value is probably through the roof for a CMC owner
Good luck to everyone in Fantasy Football in all your leagues.
cbssports.com had Stafford start for QBs and Brock Purdy sit, good job r****ds.
Originally posted by Grande:
Would I be stupid to take Kaelon with my #1 waiver? I have Saquon, Breece, Monty, abs Rachaad already. I don't know if I'm just being a homer here but God forbid CMC goes down.

I haven't done any research or anything but just speaking from my personal experience my biggest waiver acquisitions (where I grab a breakout player) usually happen in weeks 1-4. Black isn't going to be that breakout guy unless CMC is hurt and i probably wouldn't blow your #1 to get a lottery ticket with nominal stand alone value. Also one game isn't much of a sample size and we don't know if that's going to be the new normal. We do probably know that if CMC is healthy that's probably Blacks ceiling.

I'd stay up late and snap him up if he clears waivers but I wouldn't spend the top pick on him.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone