LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

Bowe or Evans in week 1?

Bowe or Evans in week 1?

• 4ML
  • Veteran
I like players on MNF as they tend to play better, or at least I have been lucky when I start players who play on MNF. Ravens CBs are horrible, and Bowe is a better WR, so I'm leaning towards him, but with all the attention going towards Owens, I have a feeling Evans is going to score a long TD.

Thoughts?
lol its Bowe and its not even close.

Lee Evans was never very good to begin with. now hes the 2nd option of a bad QB in a horrible offensive system in disarray.

Bowe's system is also in pretty bad shape, but at least hes the number 1 wr, has a better QB, as is alot more talented than Evans.

the Ravens have a better D, but starting Evans is basically the fantasy equivalent of a hail mary. Evans will either catch a 75 yard long bomb TD and give you a very nice week, or he'll catch 2 balls for 19 yards. much too risky imo than a talent like Bowe.
ravens are going to kill the chiefs

evans will have a better day

those are my predictions, but I could be wrong
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol its Bowe and its not even close.

Lee Evans was never very good to begin with. now hes the 2nd option of a bad QB in a horrible offensive system in disarray.

Bowe's system is also in pretty bad shape, but at least hes the number 1 wr, has a better QB, as is alot more talented than Evans.

the Ravens have a better D, but starting Evans is basically the fantasy equivalent of a hail mary. Evans will either catch a 75 yard long bomb TD and give you a very nice week, or he'll catch 2 balls for 19 yards. much too risky imo than a talent like Bowe.

Though I agree with you, Bowe spent most of the TC with 2nd string and 3rd string teams. Obviously he is their best Wr and he will start, and be the primary target - but is he on the same page with the QB? I'm not so sure.

Also, Evans is playing against Pats, who are going to jump to a big early lead, forcing the Buffalo to throw often. But, you are right, Evans is highly inconsistent and is a huge risk. But, luck favors the brave.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:

I don't know what to do...I like watching my starters on TV, so I may end up going with Evans. I feel, that if I cheer hard enough - they will do something...lol
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

I don't know what to do...I like watching my starters on TV, so I may end up going with Evans. I feel, that if I cheer hard enough - they will do something...lol

well look at these factors. last year, Evans only scored 3 TD's. all of which came in a 3 game span. 2 of those 3 games his TD was one of 2 receptions for the entire game. down the stretch last year he scored single digit pts in 8 of the final 9 weeks.

now he isnt even the main guy in buffalo. they will be throwing to TO all day long when theyre passing. and expect problems if TO isnt getting the ball every time on an offense that bad.

also, against the Patriots last year, he had a total of 7 catches for 85 yards, 0 TD's in 2 games, and the game at Gillette Stadium, where he plays monday night, was a terrible 2 catches for 22 yards.

im just saying. i dont like either guy this week, but i think Bowe is the safer bet to catch 5-8 passes and put up a tolerable fantasy total.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

well look at these factors. last year, Evans only scored 3 TD's. all of which came in a 3 game span. 2 of those 3 games his TD was one of 2 receptions for the entire game. down the stretch last year he scored single digit pts in 8 of the final 9 weeks.

now he isnt even the main guy in buffalo. they will be throwing to TO all day long when theyre passing. and expect problems if TO isnt getting the ball every time on an offense that bad.

also, against the Patriots last year, he had a total of 7 catches for 85 yards, 0 TD's in 2 games, and the game at Gillette Stadium, where he plays monday night, was a terrible 2 catches for 22 yards.

im just saying. i dont like either guy this week, but i think Bowe is the safer bet to catch 5-8 passes and put up a tolerable fantasy total.

Excellent post. Thanks for throwing the stats at this situation. That helps quite a bit. I would love to get your advice on this situation also:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=129451
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'd play Bowe.

If it's close, I believe in playing the better player....which is obviously Dwayne Bowe.

But an argument could be made for Lee Evans and it wouldn't shock me if Lee outscored Bowe.
Share 49ersWebzone